2021-2022 Western University of Health Sciences (Pomona, California)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yea I remember it being confusing too. Are you waitlisted too due to the class being full? If so when did you interview?
Yes, that is what I was told. I interviewed 1/13.

Members don't see this ad.

They might have a few seats left for people who really impress them, otherwise they would just give it to deferred applicant later. Pure guesswork

Members don't see this ad :)
Also received an II today! Is this going to be for a waitlist position? Considering the class is full?

I GOT IN. JUST GOT THE A EMAIL! SO gd happy.

Reactions: 1 user
Congrat! Were you waitlisted before?
Thanks man! Yeah was waitlisted, clicked accept alternate status. and like five days later get an ominous email saying portal update. im like uh oh its an R, and whadaya know i got in! I rescind my earlier reply saying no hope, there's hope!

Does anyone have info as to what kind of classes satisfy the College English requirement? Do writing intensive classes count?
I didn’t take any English courses in college, but my upper level classes that had mostly writing assignments counted towards it for almost every DO school I applied to. The two I used were considered anthropology and philosophy classes.

Hi guys! I just got an interview invite and I mistakenly was quick to trigger finger to book the interview and was super excited lol. I just got an email that my interview day is the 10th.. but my mmi is scheduled for the 11th. Is that normal and or okay??

Hi guys! I just got an interview invite and I mistakenly was quick to trigger finger to book the interview and was super excited lol. I just got an email that my interview day is the 10th.. but my mmi is scheduled for the 11th. Is that normal and or okay??
Yes! The MMI and interview are on differing days

Members don't see this ad :)
I sent in my secondary within a week for priority but still not have heard back. Is it worth to contact the school even though the class is full?

Accepted off the alternate list today!!!

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Congratulation :claps: When was your interview date? Did you get off the waitlist or alternate list? Thanks
I interviewed on 1/7. I think alternate/WL are basically the same? but I was placed on it 1/21 and accepted off the list.

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone here good with interviews that can help me out ? :)

Was the email info on the actual letter? I checked my status update and the letter and can't find it
My mistake, I just looked back at it. It's on the home page of the applicant portal. (specifically, the Applicant Status Page)

My mistake, I just looked back at it. It's on the home page of the applicant portal. (specifically, the Applicant Status Page)
Still can't see it, how long after u paid your dues to Lord COMP did it appear?

Hello! Does anyone have any advice for prepping for the MMI here? I have my interview this week and am very nervous 😥

fyi i contacted their admissions team and they said the class is not full, and that they are still interviewing for class of 2026. good luck everyone!!

Reactions: 2 users
fyi i contacted their admissions team and they said the class is not full, and that they are still interviewing for class of 2026. good luck everyone!!
ahh, do you think it is worth calling? or writing a letter of intent?

Thanks for the info! I was complete mid Oct and still have not heard anything back for anyone else also still waiting
i don't think they review or send out interviews is order of completion date. I was complete end of July and complete silence.

i don't think they review or send out interviews is order of completion date. I was complete end of July and complete silence.
yea, i think schools interview people with high stats first? for another school, i was complete before someone else that had high stats, but they already had their interview when i just got mine.

for another school, i got a II waitlist fast when the same guy got an interview last month and was accepted.

I don't know where you heard that, but your statement is 100% false. I have sent several updates.
I emailed them and they said we don't take updates. You emailed them updates and they took them??

I don't know where you heard that, but your statement is 100% false. I have sent several updates.
You sending updates and them taking them are two very different things, and it's probably not the best idea to send updates to a school that does not want them.

You sending updates and them taking them are two very different things, and it's probably not the best idea to send updates to a school that does not want them.
yea when i emailed, i asked if they take updates before i sent the update. and they said we do not.

Hello! Does anyone have any advice for prepping for the MMI here? I have my interview this week and am very nervous 😥
Just be a decent human being. They are NOT going to ask you medicine based questions to test your medical knowledge. Be yourself and answer as if you are talking to a friend. There are only 2 mmi situations and each with a time limit of 5 minutes. The whole process (from logging on to logging off) took about 30 minutes if I remember correctly. Be a team player, be considerate, don't make assumptions, and be a good friend. I hope this helps! I was very nervous before my mmi as well and am just sharing what I wish I was told before.

They ask us to not talk about specifics from our situations, so i'll refrain from giving details, but the situtions were very similar in style to the Casper exam.

I emailed them and they said we don't take updates. You emailed them updates and they took them??
Who did you email? My counselor is Christopher Vu and he added my update for me. Also, if you have access to your application portal where you filled out your secondary you can add it there too is what he told me.

Who did you email? My counselor is Christopher Vu and he added my update for me. Also, if you have access to your application portal where you filled out your secondary you can add it there too is what he told me.
It says do not add to it unless the admissions committee asked you for information. My friend added to it and they deleted it the next day and told her that it is only if we request info.