2021-2022 Western University of Health Sciences (Pomona, California)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congrats to all those acceptances!! Does anyone know if there’s a facebook group for class of 2026?

Members don't see this ad.

During an info session for accepted students in November, they stated FB groups are usually started by current students around January. I’m all for creating a group-me chat if people are interested
I'd love that!

Hey everyone! I was accepted here recently, and I am fortunate enough to have the choice between two D.O schools. As my due date for making the deposit is approaching I was wondering if anyone has any tips regarding how to decide between this school and another . What factors did or are you considering? Thank you so much in advance!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everyone! I was accepted here recently, and I am fortunate enough to have the choice between two D.O schools. As my due date for making the deposit is approaching I was wondering if anyone has any tips regarding how to decide between this school and another . What factors did or are you considering? Thank you so much in advance!
location/where you want to practice, coa, qol, the happiness of student body

board scores are kinda important but are also largely depends on the student and less to the school

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
anyone know how casual the interview questions are asked, if its more conversational, or just straight up asking question after question. or how long the mmi is.

Do they send "completed application" e-mails? I looked through my e-mails and don't think they did.

I was never drug tested prior to attending western... u get drug tested prior to some rotations in your third year tho

I was never drug tested prior to attending western... u get drug tested prior to some rotations in your third year tho
Yes, you may be correct. It is almost 4 years. These may be health and vaccination reports and background check before matriculation date.

Hey all, it's been a hot minute since I logged onto here! I'm an OMS1 at WesternU COMP.

Congrats to everyone who's been accepted thus far and best of luck to those awaiting a final decision!

An official WesternU COMP Class of 2026 FB Group has now been established! We'd love to start seeing the group grow. Please only request membership if you are an accepted student who has received an official WesternU e-mail address from Admissions. Thanks and Happy New Year! :)

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 1 users
Accepted! Anyone know if Western sends acceptance packages?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know how many acceptances WesternU has given this cycle? AKA, how many spots are still available?

Does that pre interview social thing have any influence on the interview outcome? Is it worth going?

Does that pre interview social thing have any influence on the interview outcome? Is it worth going?
can't remember if there was any influence on interview outcome but will say i found it to be very informative and helpful. with pretty much all the student Q&As I've been to, they have helped in some way or another with the interview process.

can't remember if there was any influence on interview outcome but will say i found it to be very informative and helpful. with pretty much all the student Q&As I've been to, they have helped in some way or another with the interview process.
Did you stay for the whole thing?

Did you stay for the whole thing?
LOL. I did. I know they can run pretty long. If you are on the East Coast, then it also can be pretty late. But I've seen students leave early in these things. Most are pretty smart and let the student ambassadors know they may log off early when they introduce themselves so it's not unexpected, said a quick thank you for their time in the chat before leaving, and left. Works out pretty well. Good luck!

Does not influence interview outcome unless you do/say something egregious. They are nice bc u can talk to students about how life is at the school, which is honestly more important than any stat/selling point the school can give you in a powerpoint.

Is the mmi roleplay? how long does it take for admission decisions?

Is the mmi roleplay? how long does it take for admission decisions?
Yup! There's 2 roleplays in the MMI, shouldn't take more than 30 min. I think they said about 2 weeks for admission decisions to be released, but it was more like 4 weeks for me because I interviewed right before the holiday break.

Does anyone have info as to what kind of classes satisfy the College English requirement? Do writing intensive classes count?

Received an II here last week (1/7)! Does anybody know what the status of the incoming class is? Is it already full? Will I be interviewing for a spot on the Waitlist or Deferred Acceptance?

Just accepted for Class of 2026! Previously received deferred acceptance.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
are they still interviewing? or sending out II?

Interviewed on 1/6 and 1/7. Wonder how long it takes for them to send the decision. Anyone knows? Thanks.

What does deferred decision mean? Does it mean Automatically got a spot for next year without having to reapply? But can still apply for other schools?

Interviewed on 1/6 and 1/7. Wonder how long it takes for them to send the decision. Anyone knows? Thanks.
I received my initial decision a little over 2 weeks after interviewing (16 days)

What does deferred decision mean? Does it mean Automatically got a spot for next year without having to reapply? But can still apply for other schools?
Yes, basically the email said that they had filled the entering class of 2022 but that you're guaranteed a spot in the 2023 entering class. If any spots opened up in the 2022 class they would reach out. I'm not sure about the contingencies on whether or not you can apply to other schools. The offer letter for the 2023 class would be sent out in August.

I received my initial decision a little over 2 weeks after interviewing (16 days)

Yes, basically the email said that they had filled the entering class of 2022 but that you're guaranteed a spot in the 2023 entering class. If any spots opened up in the 2022 class they would reach out. I'm not sure about the contingencies on whether or not you can apply to other schools. The offer letter for the 2023 class would be sent out in August.
So it's basically like Waitlist + or premium waitlist

Decisions for 1/13 date should be coming this week correct?

Waitlisted cus class is full interviewed 1/14. Got the email just now at 6pm:(

Says waitlisted but asks me to confirm status as alternate, but I read on an earlier post here that alternate is a lower tier than waitlist?

@timeshare same here. 1/13, 1/14er here. got waitlisted because class is full. idk about the alternate list thing..

When do ya’ll think the most movement happens with the waitlist?

Does anyone know how likely it is to be accepted off of the waitlist? I recall them talking about it briefly during the interview, but I don't exactly remember and I would love to hear other's peoples thoughts and/or experiences. Thanks!

Does anyone know how likely it is to be accepted off of the waitlist? I recall them talking about it briefly during the interview, but I don't exactly remember and I would love to hear other's peoples thoughts and/or experiences. Thanks!
Yea I remember it being confusing too. Are you waitlisted too due to the class being full? If so when did you interview?