2021-2022 West Virginia School of Osteopathic Medicine (WVSOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know the post-interview acceptance rate?
A couple of years ago it was around 60-70% according to some statistics. I'm not sure how accurate that is now though.

Members don't see this ad.

Just got the call for my first A of the cycle!!! Incredibly thankful! Good luck guys!!

Edit: interviewed on 9/24

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewed 9/27, accepted 9/29. Wvsom is slept on, campus is next level and staff are kind and welcoming. 10/10

Reactions: 3 users
Interviewed 9/27, accepted 9/29. Wvsom is slept on, campus is next level and staff are kind and welcoming. 10/10
I agree with the statements.

Lewisburg is beautiful and I feel would be a great place to study medicine and be distraction free.

I interview 9/4

I agree with the statements.

Lewisburg is beautiful and I feel would be a great place to study medicine and be distraction free.

I interview 9/4
I was also pleasantly surprised. It is the second DO school I visited and having that campus and spread feel in some ways is nice. Gives you a second to take time to yourself while you walk across campus.

Does anyone know if WVSOM has a hard 3.2 sGPA screen? I have a diy postbac GPA of a 3.5 and undergrad gpa of 3.3 but got screened out at a few schools (cough cough VCOM) because of my sGPA. Would like to stay in the VA area but will end up going where ever I am wanted for med school.

Does anyone know if WVSOM has a hard 3.2 sGPA screen? I have a diy postbac GPA of a 3.5 and undergrad gpa of 3.3 but got screened out at a few schools (cough cough VCOM) because of my sGPA. Would like to stay in the VA area but will end up going where ever I am wanted for med school.
I have lower and got a secondary so you should be fine

Congrats to all that got accepted! Did anyone get accepted without a DO recc letter?

I have II in October. Looking to get some inputs about the best way to prepare. Any resources?

Reactions: 1 user
Is there anyone that has received an II, Pre-II Rejection, or still waiting to hear from them that submitted their APP on or near July 20?

Members don't see this ad :)
Is there anyone that has received an II, Pre-II Rejection, or still waiting to hear from them that submitted their APP on or near July 20?
+1; submitted secondary on early July. It's been silence since then.

Reactions: 1 users
I have II in October. Looking to get some inputs about the best way to prepare. Any resources?
The interview is very casual. Be prepared to address any flaws in your application. Know about OMT. Know when you decided and why you decided to pursue a D.O.

submitted 7/17, haven't heard back back since then

Reactions: 2 users
Just got the call, accepted :) Interviewed 10/1, call at 1:42 PM EST if anyone was wondering.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
I wouldnt overthink it. Just go in an be yourself. Know your app and youll be fine

I didn't have a DO letter of rec, just MD
+1, they didn't care much - also didn't shadow a DO but was a patient to one and elaborated on our relationship and her guidance in my secondary

Anyone that interviewed on 10/4 hear anything yet?

I know they said they would be deciding from last weeks and this weeks on Tuesday!

Anyone that interviewed on 10/4 hear anything yet?

I know they said they would be deciding from last weeks and this weeks on Tuesday!

Maybe they might get to 10/4 later in the week. I know during my interview session last week they said we could hear back by thurs/fri

Hello,
I have decide to do virtual interview vs going to the campus as I am helping my parents care for my grandma. Will that impact my admission chances?

Thanks

Maybe they might get to 10/4 later in the week. I know during my interview session last week they said we could hear back by thurs/fri
You’re probably right! I’m just being impatient 🤦‍♂️

Hello,
I have decide to do virtual interview vs going to the campus as I am helping my parents care for my grandma. Will that impact my admission chances?

Thanks
I didn't even realize we had a choice. I did virtual last week and I'm OOS. I was offered an acceptance yesterday, so no I don't think it makes a difference.

Goodluck :)

Got a denial email. 10/4 in person interview.

🤦‍♂️

I didn't even realize we had a choice. I did virtual last week and I'm OOS. I was offered an acceptance yesterday, so no I don't think it makes a difference.

Goodluck :)
@Dr.MaddiGuddi thank you. I feel better. And, Congratulations for your acceptace. Can you please tell me your stats and other relavent details?

Last edited:
  • Care
If AZCOM is the school with ~70k tuition alone, then WVSOM would be my choice, as long as you know Lewisburg, WV, and the state, in general, is rural.

Received the call at 10am this morning…I was accepted! Interviewed on 10/7, OOS, 501 MCAT, 3.55 cGPA, 3.3 sGPA, and LOR from alumni.

Reactions: 8 users
Got an II today! OOS. Going to go to the in-person interview option! Any advice?

Got an II today! OOS. Going to go to the in-person interview option! Any advice?
Super conversational. Not intimidating. If there are any holes or red flags on your application, be prepared to talk about them. Good luck!

Very simple, standard questions. Be aware of any red flags and be able to explain what happened, and also what you will do in the future to fix/prevent it.

Received the call at 10am this morning…I was accepted! Interviewed on 10/7, OOS, 501 MCAT, 3.55 cGPA, 3.3 sGPA, and LOR from alumni.
Congratulations! That is amazing to hear!!

Just curious, what do you think set you apart and got you the acceptance?

Hi all! It seems that the facebook group for each new classes are usually started around the beginning of November. I'm curious, does someone just randomly decide to create it or does a current student create it? I'm anxious to find a house!

Accepted today; interviewed virtually 10/14. OOS 510 3.16 sGPA 3.24 cGPA. Anyone who's been accepted know when the email will arrive?

Reactions: 4 users