2021-2022 West Virginia School of Osteopathic Medicine (WVSOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I believe it was 7/20 is when I submitted by secondary and I submitted my primary 7/13.

Members don't see this ad.

Received an II today!! OOS, submitted 7/26, 502, cGPA: 3.85 sGPA: 3.89, bottom quartile on CASPer, no ties

Reactions: 3 users
Received an II today!! OOS, submitted 7/26, 502, cGPA: 3.85 sGPA: 3.89, bottom quartile on CASPer, no ties
Congrats! Does your portal says anything else received other than Supplemental App and Disciplinary action forms? Did you also receive complete email?

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats! Does your portal says anything else received other than Supplemental App and Disciplinary action forms? Did you also receive complete email?
When I check my application status on the portal, it still says, "Applicant status: Application under review." However, the interview schedule is directly below, listing the time slots and activities that will be held for the virtual interview.

Also, I was told to complete a bunch of consent forms, and I quote "immediately." After that, I received a completion email about an hour or two later saying:

Your Virtual Interview is scheduled on the date shown above. Please reply to this email immediately to provide final confirmation of your interview. If you fail to confirm, we will assume you are no longer interested and will withdraw your application.

Finally, I paid an additional supplemental fee to interview and received a confirmation email that my payment has been received. I hope this helps!

Reactions: 1 users
When I check my application status on the portal, it still says, "Applicant status: Application under review." However, the interview schedule is directly below, listing the time slots and activities that will be held for the virtual interview.

Also, I was told to complete a bunch of consent forms, and I quote "immediately." After that, I received a completion email about an hour or two later saying:

Your Virtual Interview is scheduled on the date shown above. Please reply to this email immediately to provide final confirmation of your interview. If you fail to confirm, we will assume you are no longer interested and will withdraw your application.

Finally, I paid an additional supplemental fee to interview and received a confirmation email that my payment has been received. I hope this helps!
Yes it does! Thank you for taking your time to clarify it. Goodluck on your interview! Hopefully, I'll also hear it soon from them.

Reactions: 1 user
Confirmed my interview on campus. The mask policy says masks aren't required if we're vaccinated. I obviously still want to wear a mask both during the interview and other activities given general community safety, but will that give me a disadvantage? Any thoughts on how to approach this?
I just got an email stating that masks will be required for all in-person interviews. So no worries about the mask on or mask off question it seems. Goof luck on your interview by the way!

Is August 30th the first round of in-person interviews at WVSOM?

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got the call that I was Accepted! Interviewed this past Monday!

Reactions: 9 users
Congrats! Did you ever get a complete email? Haven't heard anything since early July after submitting secondary.
I got an email confirming my submission of my secondaries, and an email from admission shortly after because I reported a speeding ticket and they just wanted some details. But after that nothing until the II

II just now, OOS with no ties :) complete 7/28. Offered dates for end of Sept/beginning of Oct

Does anyone know the school's policy about acceptance? Like is there a 2 week deadline after being accepted to say yes or no?

i havent heard back i know it will take a minimum of a month before I hear anything but anyone care to share if they heard a no in that same time frame I am scared of getting a silent R from these guys

i havent heard back i know it will take a minimum of a month before I hear anything but anyone care to share if they heard a no in that same time frame I am scared of getting a silent R from these guys
Also been complete for a month

Did you get a complete email? I never got one but when I check my status on the portal it says application under review. Does that mean I’m complete?
Application under review means it is complete

Hey guys. How are the interviews at WVSOM? What should I be expecting? How did/are you guys prepping for interviews?

Thanks in advance for any help or guidance.

Anyone who has been accepted would you be willing to share your stats? My app has been complete for over a month now and I'm starting to get nervous lol

based on what I am reading for the people that applied over a month ago and havent heard back, it will probably be during October after the first round of acceptances decline until we hear back

Accepted!! Got the call today, interviewed 8/30 !!

Reactions: 6 users
Congrats!! Did you do virtual or inperson? How was it?
I did in person! They are so nice! It was a very laid-back interview, and it just feels like a flowing conversation. The campus is beautiful too. If you have the opportunity I would do an in-person interview!

I just got an email saying they were missing a physician letter. I misunderstood thinking they waived the requirement for a physician letter this cycle. Unfortunately, I was unable to attain a physician letter due to the circumstances going on in this world.. There goes the primary and secondary fee…

• Care
I just got an email saying they were missing a physician letter. I misunderstood thinking they waived the requirement for a physician letter this cycle. Unfortunately, I was unable to attain a physician letter due to the circumstances going on in this world.. There goes the primary and secondary fee…
That is unfortunate, I bet other schools will be kinder on the requirements. I believe the admissions here is a bit more old school with certain requirements such as physician shadowing. They required DO for sometime! Also did you pay a secondary fee? Because they should only require you pay for it if you get an II. If they did you should email them and ask for a refund. Best of luck on your other applications it is a long year!

• Care
Send a polite email asking them if they could kindly waive it under the given circumstances.
No harm trying :)

• Love
Hi all, I got in last-minute last cycle and was allowed to defer until next year (2022). I was wondering if any current students could provide suggestions for places to rent with fenced-in backyards with dogs? The listings on the school's website are... very unhelpful. I have heard that the Facebook group is a good resource but I figured that won't be made for a few months and I'm eager to start looking for housing!

Has anyone who interviewed on 8/26 heard back? Or anyone gotten a rejection after interviewing?