2021-2022 West Virginia School of Osteopathic Medicine (WVSOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I just sent my secondary is that ok

Members don't see this ad.

IMG_3631.png

I’ve not heard anything since I submitted. Also meme for the lulz.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
If you got an II, has anyone else not heard back confirming their specific interview date yet?
Yep, got an II Friday, submitted my availability as instructed a few hours later, heard nothing back. I'm assuming they're waiting to hear from more people perhaps?

Reactions: 1 user
Confirmed my interview on campus. The mask policy says masks aren't required if we're vaccinated. I obviously still want to wear a mask both during the interview and other activities given general community safety, but will that give me a disadvantage? Any thoughts on how to approach this?

Confirmed my interview on campus. The mask policy says masks aren't required if we're vaccinated. I obviously still want to wear a mask both during the interview and other activities given general community safety, but will that give me a disadvantage? Any thoughts on how to approach this?
Maybe it won't even be brought up? But personally when I am in public and anyone questions me wearing my mask I just say I am use to it where I live or it is policy on my school campus. I can't see how being thoughtful and considerate will be a disadvantage. Also good luck on your interview, I submitted my secondary on July 21st and I hope to hear back from the school soon. You should also post what you favorite part of the campus was post-interview here. Love to hear what you think.

Maybe it won't even be brought up? But personally when I am in public and anyone questions me wearing my mask I just say I am use to it where I live or it is policy on my school campus. I can't see how being thoughtful and considerate will be a disadvantage. Also good luck on your interview, I submitted my secondary on July 21st and I hope to hear back from the school soon. You should also post what you favorite part of the campus was post-interview here. Love to hear what you think.

I appreciate this response. I'm going to go ahead and wear it and just try to hope that my smile and facial expressions are reflected in my eyes! Good luck to you too, and I hope your II is up next! I will definitely keep you posted as to how the interview goes and how I like the campus.

Submitted secondary today 8/4

Yes I waited like 3 weeks to submit, idk what is wrong with me.

Submitted secondary today 8/4

Yes I waited like 3 weeks to submit, idk what is wrong with me.
It's alright, my dude. There's always a couple of secondaries that take a while to complete. It took me a couple of weeks to work up the nerve to answer Marian University's secondary essay asking if I was or wasn't interested in practicing medicine in Indiana, for example.

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know what this classification as WV resident form is on the secondary portal? Do they need it now? I have lived in the state my entire life

It's alright, my dude. There's always a couple of secondaries that take a while to complete. It took me a couple of weeks to work up the nerve to answer Marian University's secondary essay asking if I was or wasn't interested in practicing medicine in Indiana, for example.
Thank you :)

The school 100% botched the response to COVID, so if they judge you for wearing a mask, that's messed up. I'd be safe and wear your mask honestly. Don't worry about it being a disadvantage.

Members don't see this ad :)
Is anyone elses portal looking completely different?

Last edited:
Is anyone elses portal looking completely different? I am freaking out I can't see my status or anything. I was rejected post II last cycle so you can imagine I'm extra on edge LOL..
Yeah, just noticed that on my own portal. I wouldn't worry about it. They're probably just doing site maintenance or something.

• Care
You sure? I do not have a DO letter and I got an interview invite.

At the time I posted that it was required. Since then I subsequently posted an update from their Twitter stating it’s not required, but highly recommended.

Do we need to fill out the classification as WV resident form to get an II?

Hate to say this but you need to both show your leadership skills while also not being obnoxious. If your interviewers don’t wear masks and your vaccinated, you shouldn’t wear one. It may come across as condescending. Whereas I just ate with a dean and he literally covered his mouth between bites with his mask and it seemed ridiculous to me. I didn’t take it to that extent but I did cover my mouth when speaking with a napkin. Just try to conform while letting your leadership skills show.. as contradicting as that sounds.

• Dislike
Reactions: 1 users
When I was interviewing it was 74%
Mine was around 80%. I was accepted rollover Since my MCAT somehow wasnt distributed to my chosen schools until 2 months after I took the test when. I sent them 2 weeks after. So I got in late in the game but still got accepted rollover. Then they called me around may giving me a spot in the current class and not to the next year.

Just got a Decision Deferred notification. Hey, it's not a rejection at least!

Did anyone receive the "Complete email"? I submitted my secondary July 14th and haven't heard back anything.

They gave options and I chose virtual. I live pretty far away and getting that much time off of work was tricky so I went with virtual.
Does your portal says LORs and other stuffs received under application checklist? Mine only says Supplemental application and Disciplinary questions received.

Does your portal says LORs and other stuffs received under application checklist? Mine only says Supplemental application and Disciplinary questions received.
I just looked and that is all gone now I cannot see anything (or I am dumb which is possible). I cannot remember what it said, I would just call and ask if I were you. They replied to my emails really quickly.

Hey one quick question, did your check application status change to stating something else?
Yeah, after I got the email, it now says:

"Decision Deferred status indicates an initial review of your application has been conducted and is being placed on hold. You are welcome to submit additional items in support of your file and to strengthen your application.

1) Please submit coursework updates (official transcripts with any additional final grades) directly to AACOMAS during their Academic Update Periods. If you reattempt the MCAT, please ensure official scores sent are directly to AACOMAS. January MCAT attempts can be submitted to AACOMAS for consideration.

2) Additional information regarding healthcare, volunteer, or employment experiences can be updated through the primary AACOMAS application."

The email said basically the same thing.

If you have questions about your application status or are curious about getting a possible interview, call or email the admissions office. They are more than happy to answer any questions and let you know where you stand. Also, if I were interviewing and I wasn't required to wear a mask if I was vaccinated, I would take it off any chance that I could. Facial expressions and smiling make a big difference.

Is a speeding ticket considered an infraction of local laws? Answering the question on the secondary and not sure if I should put yes or no to the question about the "conviction". Anyone else face something similar?

Is a speeding ticket considered an infraction of local laws? Answering the question on the secondary and not sure if I should put yes or no to the question about the "conviction". Anyone else face something similar?

A speeding ticket normally doesn’t result in a misdemeanor unless you were going super fast. Even then you would have to go through the court system to be convicted of a crime. You would know if you’ve been convicted of a crime (misdemeanor or felony).

In my state all speeding tickets are misdemeanor offenses. It varies state by state unfortunately.

In my state all speeding tickets are misdemeanor offenses. It varies state by state unfortunately.

Damn I didn’t know that was the case, looks like Texas is one of the few that do that. I’m assuming it’s fairly easy to have it dropped before conviction though?

A speeding ticket normally doesn’t result in a misdemeanor unless you were going super fast. Even then you would have to go through the court system to be convicted of a crime. You would know if you’ve been convicted of a crime (misdemeanor or felony).
I'm just concerned because it asks if I've been "convicted of an infraction of local laws or city ordinances, summary offenses, misdemeanors, or felonies" - kind of a broad category, and so not sure if it counts as an infraction of local laws. Definitely not a misdemeanor or felony, but I don't want to answer that I haven't received an infraction and this come back to haunt me.

Damn I didn’t know that was the case, looks like Texas is one of the few that do that. I’m assuming it’s fairly easy to have it dropped before conviction though?

Yea mine was dismissed and I didn’t even have to go to court because it was my only time being issued a speeding ticket!

I'm just concerned because it asks if I've been "convicted of an infraction of local laws or city ordinances, summary offenses, misdemeanors, or felonies" - kind of a broad category, and so not sure if it counts as an infraction of local laws. Definitely not a misdemeanor or felony, but I don't want to answer that I haven't received an infraction and this come back to haunt me.

If you’re worried the best two options is to call the school and ask, or just put it on the application and clarify.

There’s a difference between being convicted of something and getting a ticket/arrest/stern talking to. You’re gonna have to make that call with the information you have from your incident.