2021-2022 Washington University in St. Louis

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
It don’t matter, this kid will take an A any day 😂😭
me midnight last night answering a spam phone call in case it might be washu due to the time difference as if EST is not only an hour ahead

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
If they’re gonna call about my car’s extended warranty can they at least not do it from a St. Louis, MO number 😭 heart rate is skyrocketed

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
If they’re gonna call about my car’s extended warranty can they at least not do it from a St. Louis, MO number 😭 heart rate is skyrocketed
THE AUDACITY

• Angry
Reactions: 1 user
Alrighty… looks like it’s our favorite day of the week - Thursday - once again. Best of luck to us all!

Attachments

• 52C1D8CE-736B-4C9D-A128-24650E52F365.gif
    52C1D8CE-736B-4C9D-A128-24650E52F365.gif
    333.1 KB · Views: 59
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
If they were to call one of these days, does anyone know the time of day it would be?

Also, does anyone know the % of people WL vs. just flat out rejected? Sorry if this has already been asked, I had a late interview (Feb 25th) and honestly didn't expect it after being R'd everywhere else lol

If they were to call one of these days, does anyone know the time of day it would be?

Also, does anyone know the % of people WL vs. just flat out rejected? Sorry if this has already been asked, I had a late interview (Feb 25th) and honestly didn't expect it after being R'd everywhere else lol
I don't think they send many post-II R's, I think you're either accepted or waitlisted

Looks like next Thursday will be the day

What makes you say that?

I have never seen calls reported earlier than ~5:30pm central.
I feel like I’ve seen calls reported in the early afternoon? Maybe I’m completely wrong

okay but... no calls today. That means we're safe!

Friends, I am going to assume it's not an A here. I am blessed to have two As though, and will likely be posting a help me decide tonight. If you have any interest, I'd love it if you could check it out and share your insight. It's been a wild ride on SDN for me since I discovered it in like October. I have always appreciated the info and support readily available on this site. So thank you to everyone here and I'd love to have y'alls energy as I help take this next step :) but ofc washu go bears if WashU gives me that A decision is made

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users

Friends, I am going to assume it's not an A here. I am blessed to have two As though, and will likely be posting a help me decide tonight. If you have any interest, I'd love it if you could check it out and share your insight. It's been a wild ride on SDN for me since I discovered it in like October. I have always appreciated the info and support readily available on this site. So thank you to everyone here and I'd love to have y'alls energy as I help take this next step :) but ofc washu go bears if WashU gives me that A decision is made
Would be happy to weigh in my friend

• Love

Would love to help u out beepbeep :)

• Love
Got a call from Michigan this morning, came up on my phone as some random town, MI. First thought was holy crap a call from Missouri! And then I remembered my state abbreviations lol

• Haha
  • Care
Reactions: 2 users
Got a call from Michigan this morning, came up on my phone as some random town, MI. First thought was holy crap a call from Missouri! And then I remembered my state abbreviations lol
dammit second grade for destroying your hopes

Just realized MI is not Missouri 😂

It’s only Monday morning and this is already the longest week ever.

• Haha
  • Care
Reactions: 5 users
do we know if this is the last week they will send out acceptances?

merit scholarship received last week! Thought I wouldn’t have a chance since I interviewed so late in cycle…so grateful!

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
I had a dream last night that I got in. I woke up and was like silly beepbeep it's just a dream. Get it out of your head. Then I went back to sleep and the dream CONTINUED. Gah. Not ready for this week

• Care
do we know if this is the last week they will send out acceptances?
I don’t think anyone is sure of anything, but I think on previous years the people who didn’t hear back during the last wave were ultimately WL/R. I may be wrong and there may be a couple more A’s that go out when those decisions are released, who knows haha

My Monday morning started off with my third waitlist, please WashU pull through with some good news for me

• Care
My Monday morning started off with my third waitlist, please WashU pull through with some good news for me
I think I am at 7 waitlists, my three top choice MD/PhDs and 3/4 T20s I interviewed at (plus Brown I guess). I am anticipating WashU continues the trend of me being good enough on paper for the top programs, but not good enough in the interview.

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
I think I am at 7 waitlists, my three top choice MD/PhDs and 3/4 T20s I interviewed at (plus Brown I guess). I am anticipating WashU continues the trend of me being good enough on paper for the top programs, but not good enough in the interview.
I understand how you feel 100%. I am waitlisted at 2/3 of my T20 interviews and fear WashU will do the same. I try to tell myself that interviews are just one part of the black box of admissions, and that the proces really is BS. Someone I know from school who has zero social skills has gotten in after almost every interview they have had lol (and good for them!!!). So clearly ability is not completely well measured in this process. We are T20 material whether they recognize it or lot. Hopefully WashU will recognize it. But your feelings are 100% valid. This process is really frustrating and degrading and makes us all feel like we are not successful or smart or all we thought we were. Even if T20 med schools don't believe in your vision for yourself we on this thread do. And hopefully you will too :)

Beepbeep loves you

• Care
Reactions: 8 users
I understand how you feel 100%. I am waitlisted at 2/3 of my T20 interviews and fear WashU will do the same. I try to tell myself that interviews are just one part of the black box of admissions, and that the proces really is BS. Someone I know from school who has zero social skills has gotten in after almost every interview they have had lol (and good for them!!!). So clearly ability is not completely well measured in this process. We are T20 material whether they recognize it or lot. Hopefully WashU will recognize it. But your feelings are 100% valid. This process is really frustrating and degrading and makes us all feel like we are not successful or smart or all we thought we were. Even if T20 med schools don't believe in your vision for yourself we on this thread do. And hopefully you will too :)

Beepbeep loves you
I have another theory. If you got into ANY school, there is nothing wrong with your social or interviewing skills. It's simply that getting into a T20 is very difficult, by design.

You are all acting like a WL post-II can only be due to a poor interview, when you were right all along, and that interviews really are just one part of a black box process. It just might turn out that your application was strong enough to warrant an II, but not quite strong enough to warrant a post-II A, notwithstanding decent interview performances.

If not, how do explain your interviews being good enough wherever else you received As? You are still the same applicant. The differentiator is the school. Maybe, just maybe, it's a little easier to get into a T50 than a T20! Also, don't forget that WL movement is really a thing, at all of these schools, so it's not over yet, for anyone on the WL, because some people are going to be called, and there is no reason one of those people cannot be you! :)

I have pretty much come to terms with the fact that I will probably be WL or R, but I am honored to even have gotten the chance to interview, tbh! 🙂 it's further than a lot of other applicants get

• Care
+1 to waitlisted by 2/3 of my t20s and probably soon washu. It's hard bc ofc I'm so grateful for my acceptances and am excited to start med school, but still disappointed things didn't work out the way they could have. It's not over until it's over though, hoping for tons of wl movement for all of us

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users
I honestly feel like the whole med school admissions process is insanely subjective and is just a crapshoot at the end of the day 🤷 doesn’t say anything about your ability at all so you just gotta keep your chin up through the whole bs lmao

Reactions: 7 users
Lets focus on the fact that we are trying to be doctors and care for others, not that we are going to T20s… going to a T20 won’t affect any of that

Oh boy... 4:30 p.m. CT on the day that schools should release enough admissions to fill their seats (March 15)

Lets focus on the fact that we are trying to be doctors and care for others, not that we are going to T20s… going to a T20 won’t affect any of that
meh, this is a safe place for people to express their disappointment. 😌
Oh boy... 4:30 p.m. CT on the day that schools should release enough admissions to fill their seats (March 15)
I feel like they probably did that last wave, no? Since they usually meet on Thursdays?

meh, this is a safe place for people to express their disappointment. 😌

I feel like they probably did that last wave, no? Since they usually meet on Thursdays?
Most schools far exceed the minimum number of As they need to issue by 3/15, and do so well in advance of 3/15, so 4:30 CDT on 3/15 really has no meaning for us as applicants. I have no doubt WashU issued far more than 104 As well before that last wave, since they will be issuing well over 300, including WL movement, before the cycle is over.