2021-2022 University of South Florida

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Complete on 7/12. LizzyM score of 7x. If you want exact stats, dm.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Was anyone not able to sign up for a timeslot? There were none available when I tried to schedule mine
I could but my guess is because they filled up and they were only open for next week. Maybe they open slots up by the week?

II received (early decision, USF alum)
Edit: only date available was next Tuesday 8/31.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
oh jeez...the one date left is literally impossible for me schedule wise...what do you think I should do?
It seems like others were having issues with limited date selection as well. Hopefully they'll add more options soon. If not, your best bet would probably be to email the admissions office and ask for a different date that you can attend.

Does anyone know what the format of the interview is? I know its two 1 hour interviews, MSAR says “The MCOM Core program offers a closed file interview format. The MCOM SELECT program offers a closed file interview format”, but I can’t find any information their website about the format?

• Care
Does anyone know what the format of the interview is? I know its two 1 hour interviews, MSAR says “The MCOM Core program offers a closed file interview format. The MCOM SELECT program offers a closed file interview format”, but I can’t find any information their website about the format?
I interviewed for core last cycle and one of my interviewers told me he had access to everything in my primary and secondary, except my mcat score snd GPA. Things may have changed for this cycle though, so take that with a grain of salt.

Has anyone been able to sign up for an interview slot recently? I didn't see any available yesterday and still don't today.

Has anyone been able to sign up for an interview slot recently? I didn't see any available yesterday and still don't today.
I have not been able to as well. I assume they have to add more, when that will be I don't know. To my knowledge they only even had dates available for next week

I have not been able to as well. I assume they have to add more, when that will be I don't know. To my knowledge they only even had dates available for next week
Just checked again - they have a slot open for 09/07 at midnight lol. I signed up for it assuming they will change the slot

II received just now! LM 83, complete 7/5

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
II Today! Complete 6/27. OOS. Only applied for CORE.
The only option it is showing for scheduling is next Tuesday (9/7/21).
Hopefully, they open up more slots.

• Love
I just noticed that you will either be invited to one 1-hr interview or two 1-hr interviews. Is there any reason why applicants might not be attending the same number of interviews beyond mere scheduling? Would one be at a disadvantage with 1 vs 2 interviews?

II received this morning, OOS, applied for SELECT program!

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
I just noticed that you will either be invited to one 1-hr interview or two 1-hr interviews. Is there any reason why applicants might not be attending the same number of interviews beyond mere scheduling? Would one be at a disadvantage with 1 vs 2 interviews?
Huh, interesting. Can I ask where it states that? I totally missed it.

Huh, interesting. Can I ask where it states that? I totally missed it.
in the email I received stating that I had received an interview invitation: "Please log into your USF application portal to confirm a date for your interview. For the date you select, please ensure you are available from 8am – 5pm. Once your interview has been scheduled, we will send a confirmation email with the time of your interview. Please be aware that you may be invited to one (one-hour) interview or two (one-hour) interviews. This is for scheduling purposes and at the discretion on the admissions office."

in the email I received stating that I had received an interview invitation: "Please log into your USF application portal to confirm a date for your interview. For the date you select, please ensure you are available from 8am – 5pm. Once your interview has been scheduled, we will send a confirmation email with the time of your interview. Please be aware that you may be invited to one (one-hour) interview or two (one-hour) interviews. This is for scheduling purposes and at the discretion on the admissions office."
My II email only mentioned two one-hour interviews and that's what they scheduled. I wonder if there is a difference between CORE and SELECT. I applied CORE only. Here is the email text: "Please log into your USF application portal to confirm a date for your interview. For the date you select, please ensure you are available from 8am – 5pm for two interview slots. Once your interview has been scheduled, we will send a confirmation for two one-hour interviews on the date you selected."

To add on, I applied to SELECT and the email states "one or two interviews based on scheduling purposes." However, the portal itself when I signed up for an interview date said that it was for two interviews.

Y'all with your crazy LM scores getting II's while I'm here with my LM 70 like :cryi:

Mad congrats though guys!!

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Does anyone know for sure if the interviews this cycle are open or closed file?
The interviewers told me they only see PS and work/activities before interview and afterwards they see grades & MCAT.

II received yesterday!!

I still haven't gotten a confirmation email yet after signing up for a day, is anyone else in the same boat??

• Love
Are there available stats on post-II acceptance rates for CORE vs. SELECT (and for OOS and IS)?

Has anyone had their interview yet and could offer some advice/describe what it was like?
They were pretty standard traditional 1-on-1 interviews. Just the usual questions that you would expect with nothing out of left field.

Did anyone else only get scheduled for 1 interview? Just curious what the SDN breakdown of 1 vs 2 interviews is.

Did anyone else only get scheduled for 1 interview? Just curious what the SDN breakdown of 1 vs 2 interviews is.
I got a link to one teams meeting that lasts 1 hour--not sure if i will only be talking to one person during that entire time

I just had mine today. I had two one-on-one interviews. In both, there was one person interviewing me but a panel of people listening in without their cameras on (I think interviewers in training). The first one was a little bit brutal in that they would interrupt quite a bit and pick apart my answers, so that didn't feel too good but I'm hoping it was part of testing if you can handle stress lol. The second one ended 20 minutes early but I think it went much better and the interviewer was very responsive to my answers. There weren't any crazy questions, they all felt fair.
How long was each interview? I have a one hour interview block and unsure if it’s one or two interviews

M1 here feel free to ask any questions! We're about 4 weeks into our first course so I can offer my perspective on things that I've experienced so far

So if we’ve only gotten one email with a link to one one-hour team’s meeting, we only have the one interview?

I received an email today saying that they will start reviewing my application. From your experience, when should I expect to hear back from them?

II received yesterday!!

I still haven't gotten a confirmation email yet after signing up for a day, is anyone else in the same boat??
I signed up for my interview ~8 hrs ago and no confirmation email. When did you end up receiving yours?

I signed up for my interview ~8 hrs ago and no confirmation email. When did you end up receiving yours?
For SELECT, but I received my confirmation a day after I signed up on the portal

Did anyone who got a SELECT interview just get confirmation for a time for their interview? I got one 1-hour time slot, but the initial interview invite said there would be 2 interviews. Does anyone have any info on this?

Did anyone who got a SELECT interview just get confirmation for a time for their interview? I got one 1-hour time slot, but the initial interview invite said there would be 2 interviews. Does anyone have any info on this?
SELECT also got 1 confirmation today for a microsoft teams meeting. Initial email sent to me said 1 or 2 interviews depending on scheduling availability.

I can confirm, I got an invitation to one 1hr interview. My interview email also stated 2 interviews, not 1 or 2.

Another M1 here, just wanted to pop in and say USF has really surpassed my expectations. Tampa is an amazing place to live and people are constantly updating an in house anki deck so school is great too. also the med school is probably the most beautiful building ive ever been inside

II received for SELECT. Only applied to CORE but got a call asking if I wanted to interview for SELECT! Very excited!

• Love
OOS II also received - they moved me to SELECT as well!! So pumped :))))

• Love