2021-2022 University of South Florida

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone interviewed 2/3 heard back?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone have any idea when we should receive financial aid packages?

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone have any idea when we should receive financial aid packages?
no idea, and no idea what "OASIS" is either. Other than the FAFSA, I haven't done anything for USF—is there anything we're supposed to be doing rn?

"Once your FAFSA has been received, and the USF Health Office of Financial Aid has determined financial aid eligibility, you will be notified through OASIS that your Financial Aid Award Notice is ready for your review and action."

no idea, and no idea what "OASIS" is either. Other than the FAFSA, I haven't done anything for USF—is there anything we're supposed to be doing rn?

"Once your FAFSA has been received, and the USF Health Office of Financial Aid has determined financial aid eligibility, you will be notified through OASIS that your Financial Aid Award Notice is ready for your review and action."
i haven't gotten an email about anything besides second look. looking at last year's thread, seems like they were hearing about scholarships, OASIS, and financial aid this time last year so idek man

My guess is we probably will hear about things like financial aid at/around second look especially with one being in person

Hey guys have any of you figured out how to "accept" the teams invite for the virtual panel on the 7th? I just want to make sure I'm doing everything right :)

Hey guys have any of you figured out how to "accept" the teams invite for the virtual panel on the 7th? I just want to make sure I'm doing everything right :)
If you’re referring to the virtual presentations post interview, if you open the email in the gmail app or on the computer, there will be a place where you can select “yes” and I believe that’s how you accept it!

Hello future Bulls!

My name is Dave and I am a USF MCOM SELECT '19 grad. Every couple of months in this thread I stick my nose in to see if I can help anyone with questions about Tampa, Allentown, the curriculum, and all things SoFlo!

Good luck everyone!

David D, MD - USMLE and MCAT Tutor - Med School Tutors
Hi David! Thanks for offering your perspective/experience with USF. Two questions:

1) Does USF provide any "goodies" for their students, like how some schools gift free iPads and stethoscopes?

2) Has the SELECT admin responded to feedback requesting the program not move students to PA after MS2?

Thank you!

Hi David! Thanks for offering your perspective/experience with USF. Two questions:

1) Does USF provide any "goodies" for their students, like how some schools gift free iPads and stethoscopes?

2) Has the SELECT admin responded to feedback requesting the program not move students to PA after MS2?

Thank you!
I was under the impression that the whole point of the SELECT program was to feed people into USF's affiliates in the Lehigh Valley. Why would they respond to feedback to eliminate it when they have a business need and no shortage of desperate candidates willing to do it?

Thank you!
As a current student, answer to both is no unless you count the occasional free pen or merch as goodies. Keeping SELECT in Tampa for clerkships would be impossible due to capacity constraints of our hospitals. It would seriously compromise the quality of learning that can happen.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know what we are supposed to wear for the online second look on April 7th and what the dress code is for April 14th in-person second look as well?

Does anyone know what we are supposed to wear for the online second look on April 7th and what the dress code is for April 14th in-person second look as well?
You don’t need your camera on for the 7th and they haven’t sent anything about the 14th but I’m probably assuming business professional unless stated otherwise

You don’t need your camera on for the 7th and they haven’t sent anything about the 14th but I’m probably assuming business professional unless stated otherwise
I’d be shocked if it’s not business casual.

Hello everyone! I am an incoming student at MCOM this July and I am super excited to meet all of you! I have started a groupme for anyone interested in getting to know each other a little more and maybe plan some meet ups :) I’m a Tampa native and if you have any questions about the city or anything feel free to reach out to me

You're invited to my new group 'USF MCOM 2026' on GroupMe. Click here to join: GroupMe

Reactions: 2 users
Interviewed Feb 8th, coming up on the 8th week since, and haven't heard anything from admissions. Anyone else hear back later than the 6-8 week period?

I saw people getting accepted off the WL here on April 13 last year? Do y'all think something similar will happen next week?

Are interviews over?
I think they might be; I interviewed for CORE 3/15 and the last spot on the dropdown for interview date selection at that time was for either April 5th or April 7th, can't remember which though.

I think they might be; I interviewed for CORE 3/15 and the last spot on the dropdown for interview date selection at that time was for either April 5th or April 7th, can't remember which though.
Thank you so much!! Good luck 👍🏽

R this morning. I guess interviews are officially over.

• Care
Caught the R too guys, onto the next!

• Care
has anything regarding financial aid been sent out? pretty sure I'm withdrawing my A but everyone keeps telling me to wait until I get aid packages from each school first :/ wondering if it'll be sent out before april 15th when we should narrow it down to 3 schools

has anything regarding financial aid been sent out? pretty sure I'm withdrawing my A but everyone keeps telling me to wait until I get aid packages from each school first :/ wondering if it'll be sent out before april 15th when we should narrow it down to 3 schools
Seems unlikely that it’ll happen before then. Are you going to second look on Thursday? That’d be a question I’d press them on while you’re there. You have at least a little bit of leverage since you’re holding multiple A’s.

Edit: 2nd look is Thursday, not Wednesday lol.

Too soon for WL movement at most schools. Things won't really get cooking until the last week of April. We're almost there! :)
I saw some people getting pulled off the WL at USF on April 13 last year. Might hear something this week!

I saw some people getting pulled off the WL at USF on April 13 last year. Might hear something this week!
Yeah, there's always a chance. Some schools were, in fact, pulling people off WLs earlier this cycle, some while still continuing to interview. The fact remains, however, that the real movement doesn't begin until we get closer to 4/30.

Seems unlikely that it’ll happen before then. Are you going to second look on Thursday? That’d be a question I’d press them on while you’re there. You have at least a little bit of leverage since you’re holding multiple A’s.

Edit: 2nd look is Thursday, not Wednesday lol.
People asked about financial aid during the virtual second look and they basically just brushed over it saying that they would get it uploaded in the next few weeks after accounts get setup.

I did receive a call about merit aid last week, but no mention of need-based or loan packages

Unless I get an incredible financial aid package (doubt it as I didn't receive a merit scholarship), I will be withdrawing my A from core. Best of luck to everyone on the WL!

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Unless I get an incredible financial aid package (doubt it as I didn't receive a merit scholarship), I will be withdrawing my A from core. Best of luck to everyone on the WL!
Do you know whether they are done sending out merit scholarship offers? I haven’t received anything either and was wondering whether there’s still a chance.

Do you know whether they are done sending out merit scholarship offers? I haven’t received anything either and was wondering whether there’s still a chance.
Not sure. At the virtual second look, they said something along the lines of it depends when they get funding/when other people drop.

Also has anyone been able to access Oasis yet?

Does anyone know how the scholarship form is different from the acceptance acknowledgement form?

Edit: I’ve been out of the country for the past 10 days and apparently I got a missed call about a merit scholarship (but no email or portal update???)

Last edited: