2021-2022 UCLA (Geffen)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is it fair to assume that it's only waitlists from here on out? I know the DGSOM student said that it would be through Feb but then again this is the last week :/

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Same! Especially because I was told I originally didn’t need to and now I do. I’m also worried since they say they don’t review it until late spring and I wonder if that means I won’t have a financial aid package until then either because I would rather make a decision sooner than later…

I am meeting with financial aid today though so I’ll ask this and if anyone has any other pressing questions!
I'm supposed to get a financial aid package from another school pretty soon, so I'll reach out to UCLA then if I haven't heard from them. Considering I got all of my paperwork in very quickly, I don't think it's unreasonable to ask for a package prior to April 15.

Good luck with your meeting!

• Care
Is it fair to assume that it's only waitlists from here on out? I know the DGSOM student said that it would be through Feb but then again this is the last week :/
One of my friends just got wailisted post Interview (declining). I am curious if they sent out WLs, why didn't a lot of them come out?

Reactions: 1 users
Alt list for regular DGSOM, but I was accepted about a month ago to Drew/UCLA.

Just received an alternate list offer for DGSOM! No message about being on the top of the list, just that candidates from the alt list will be offered admission if there is space available in the incoming class. Can't lie that this doesn't sting a little bit because this was definitely the dream, but I'm glad to have more clarity about where I'll be headed in the Fall with my family. Best of luck to those who are still waiting!

Interviewed November. Sent update letter in December.

• Care
Reactions: 2 users

One of my friends just got wailisted post Interview (declining). I am curious if they sent out WLs, why didn't a lot of them come out?
wondering the same thing.... at this point, I just want some form of decision! It's been 6 months!!!

Just received an alternate list offer for DGSOM! No message about being on the top of the list, just that candidates from the alt list will be offered admission if there is space available in the incoming class. Can't lie that this doesn't sting a little bit because this was definitely the dream, but I'm glad to have more clarity about where I'll be headed in the Fall with my family. Best of luck to those who are still waiting!

Interviewed November. Sent update letter in December.
Sorry to hear that.... I am guessing the "top of the list" isn't just a nice lip-service?

Sorry to hear that.... I am guessing the "top of the list" isn't just a nice lip-service?
Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I do remember reading in last year's thread that some people get the "top of the list" email and others get the regular alt list email.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm supposed to get a financial aid package from another school pretty soon, so I'll reach out to UCLA then if I haven't heard from them. Considering I got all of my paperwork in very quickly, I don't think it's unreasonable to ask for a package prior to April 15.

I was under the impression that we would get provisional award letters in early March? I remember reading an email that said they'd be released "very soon"... someone please lmk if you've heard otherwise!!

Is no WL email a post-Interview R or can more As go out? The anxiety man.

Reactions: 6 users
i got a waitlist email with no top of waitlist designation. Just glad to know tbh. Gonna love on these schools that accepted me lmao.

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I do remember reading in last year's thread that some people get the "top of the list" email and others get the regular alt list email.
I think you're right, but UCLA seems to have chaotic admissions processes so its definitely possible they got rid of that this year

edit: just saw apparently they are using that this year

This is correct, and also checking last year's thread, people on both of these lists were getting pulled off on the same days. So if you did not get top of waitlist distinction, it doesn't mean you won't be pulled off

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone know if it is realistically possible to get off the WL if you're not on top of the WL?

Also, someone today did mention they got a top of the waitlist email

i got a waitlist email with no top of waitlist designation. Just glad to know tbh. Gonna love on these schools that accepted me lmao.
This is true, we gotta love on these schools because they put us first... but I'll save some love just in case

This is correct, and also checking last year's thread, people on both of these lists were getting pulled off on the same days. So if you did not get top of waitlist distinction, it doesn't mean you won't be pulled off
Am to anxiety prone RN with Yale WL and UCLA silence to go dive into last year - what happened to the no-WL email people

Oops ignore my above comment, just refreshed and saw this haha

Glad to know that it is possible to get off WL even if not at the top

Thank you!!! Here’s to hoping for the best!!

• Love
I was under the impression that we would get provisional award letters in early March? I remember reading an email that said they'd be released "very soon"... someone please lmk if you've heard otherwise!!
They should be! This is mainly for those of us who have to do waivers for a parent and they don’t review those until later :/

Also just got WL’d with no top of WL line.

Got into my #1 choice so I know I can’t complain….but darn this kinda stings still

• Care
  • Dislike
Reactions: 3 users
They should be! This is mainly for those of us who have to do waivers for a parent and they don’t review those until later :/
Oh no... I petitioned to have my noncustodial parent form waived.... so this means we won't hear back for a while?? This seems so unfair, adding more disadvantage to an already disadvantaged situation 😐

• Care
Also just got WL’d with no top of WL line.

Got into my #1 choice so I know I can’t complain….but darn this kinda stings still
Oh ****, rolling email waves. I would go climbing so I didn't just sit here refreshing my email but my arms are dead from climbing yesterday. Too much snow to go on a run. Already took a shower. HOW DO I DISTRACT MYSELF AAAAAAAAAAAAH.

OK, I am done.

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
Oh no... I petitioned to have my noncustodial parent form waived.... so this means we won't hear back for a while?? This seems so unfair, adding more disadvantage to an already disadvantaged situation 😐
I’m going to be meeting with someone from financial aid in a few hours to hopefully get clarity on this and ask them if we should not expect anything in terms of financial aid in the next few weeks since we submitted waivers. But I agree. It isn’t very helpful to wait even longer when I can make a decision and withdraw from other schools and know where I need to move!

I’ll report back with what they tell me!

Oh ****, rolling email waves. I would go climbing so I didn't just sit here refreshing my email but my arms are dead from climbing yesterday. Too much snow to go on a run. Already took a shower. HOW DO I DISTRACT MYSELF AAAAAAAAAAAAH.

OK, I am done.
No way! I was just climbing too! Glad we have similar ways of coping with med school anxiety haha

Hoping the best for you.

I’m going to be meeting with someone from financial aid in a few hours to hopefully get clarity on this and ask them if we should not expect anything in terms of financial aid in the next few weeks since we submitted waivers. But I agree. It isn’t very helpful to wait even longer when I can make a decision and withdraw from other schools and know where I need to move!

I’ll report back with what they tell me!
Thank you so so much!!

• Care
November interview with no email yet. Checking my email every second... hoping its not an R

November interview with no email yet. Checking my email every second... hoping its not an R
Its gonna be a call. Geffen at the same time as A. That's what it is. Gotta be. Looking at some of the people who have had silence...... @iHawk_MD can't be an R, so it's gotta be an A. I wasn't done with the anxiety

• Love
Reactions: 5 users