2021-2022 UC Irvine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
IS secondary received 2:01 am PST

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know how the screening for UC's work? I have a 3.83 gpa but a 508 MCAT that I retook and will be getting the score on July 20th. Should I just wait for the score before I submit my primary to the UCs in fear of getting screened out? Or should I just submit now to be able to submit the secondary when it comes as soon as possible.

Does anyone know how the screening for UC's work? I have a 3.83 gpa but a 508 MCAT that I retook and will be getting the score on July 20th. Should I just wait for the score before I submit my primary to the UCs in fear of getting screened out? Or should I just submit now to be able to submit the secondary when it comes as soon as possible.
Just submit now! I got a secondary with a 3.88 gpa and 507 MCAT that I also retook (score release July 30).

Members don't see this ad :)
Just to confirm, I would mark that question as no if I’ve been interpreting since September 2020 but plan on continuing until matriculation?
What did you decide on this? I started in September 2020 as well and will be continuing until June 2022, so I'm confused on what I should list since I have been doing it for 10 months already and will have done it for almost 2 years once matriculation comes along.

What did you decide on this? I started in September 2020 as well and will be continuing until June 2022, so I'm confused on what I should list since I have been doing it for 10 months already and will have done it for almost 2 years once matriculation comes along.
I decided to mark "Yes" because they did give the option to include future dates. I've also been interpreting for my whole family since I was a child so technically it's still true lol

Reactions: 1 user
I wrote all my essays for 1500 with spaces smh

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
I wrote all my essays for 1500 with spaces smh
Yeah same. I just submitted them as is lol, even after I realized. I mean they were already polished and concise, no point adding fluff.

Members don't see this ad :)
IS received, low GPA average MCAT, IA, went here for undergrad

IS applicant w avg GPA and MCAT; I submitted my primary app on the first day and haven't received a secondary. Does this mean I was screened out?

"Do you identify as being part of a marginalized group socioeconomically or in terms of access to quality education or healthcare? If so, please describe how this inequity has impacted you and your community."

Does anyone have any idea on how to politely put "No" as the answer to this question? :oops: I am fortunate to not have been apart of a marginalized group, but am not sure if they would like me to say anything more than that?

"Do you identify as being part of a marginalized group socioeconomically or in terms of access to quality education or healthcare? If so, please describe how this inequity has impacted you and your community."

Does anyone have any idea on how to politely put "No" as the answer to this question? :oops: I am fortunate to not have been apart of a marginalized group, but am not sure if they would like me to say anything more than that?

I’ve heard people putting “N/A”

Isn't this question optional? Just leave it blank if you don't think it applies

UCI's secondary asks us to list our "most important activities" but I misread the description and only wrote down future activities which I'm starting after graduation. Do you guys think I should email them?

Should I email UCI with a full list of my AMCAS activities? It feels kind of silly to correct if they look at my AMCAS application at all but I don't want to be screened out for not enough "community service"

Advice? :/

For activities are you guys putting "Research Intern" or being more specific with the organization name?

IS applicant w avg GPA and MCAT; I submitted my primary app on the first day and haven't received a secondary. Does this mean I was screened out?
Possibly? I’m also IS and I submitted after a few days and received a secondary.

submitted a little late and just got my app processed and secondary soon after. Good luck yall. I do have some quick questions though.
Anyone know how heavy the emphasis on research vs clinical UCI has? Also I am a non-trad student and it seems they want us to talk about work after our degree. It states it can be listed or done in an essay, but I am still a bit confused on this part. If I do not have enough room to list and describe all activities can I just list some and describe the others? Also I saw nothing about committee letters on their LOR section. Anyone know if this works for all 3? Thanks!

IS no secondary yet

Reactions: 2 users
For those confused about activities like i was here is the email i got. Also i had a clinical employment and wondered if i should add it to both.
"Thank you for your email. The activities section is only for your most meaningful experiences. In addition, only choose one type to label the experience. "

In state, MSTP applicant. No secondary yet. :(

OOS mstp applicant, just noticed on my secondary that my letters were marked as received on 8/16, but I think this page said something different last time I checked, anyone else?

OOS mstp applicant, just noticed on my secondary that my letters were marked as received on 8/16, but I think this page said something different last time I checked, anyone else?
I believe that just refers to the last time you submitted AMCAS, i.e. if you added a new school or added a new LOR

Reactions: 1 users
II received one hour ago! IS applicant, complete 07/14

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
II just received!!!
Complete 8/7

Edit: IS applicant

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
congrats to everyone who got IIs!

does everyone (including people without IIs) have "interview status," "interview date," and "admissions status" in their checklist?

WOOT WOOT insane art skills if you drew your profile pic :)
Hahaha I TRULY wish I could draw anything beyond a stick figure and a happy face. Alas...
But thank you and congratulations!

• Care
Congrats on the interviews! I'm still trying to submit the secondary :|