2021-2022 Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine (RowanSOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Sounds like a new school if you read the article here:

Hmmmm. Maybe the new campus plus the new name will be a new school. I wonder if Cooper will be spun-off and become its own entity, outside of Rowan.

It’s not a new medical school. It’s a restructuring that merges other entities with RowanSOM. It’s on par with the way UMDNJ restructured several years back.

“This partnership between the top 100 public research university and the largest health system in southern New Jersey will create the Virtua Health College of Medicine & Health Sciences of Rowan University. The new college will encompass the state’s only osteopathic medical school; an expanded nursing and allied health professions school; a new school of translational biomedical engineering and sciences; multiple new research institutes; and aligned clinical practices to improve patient care and train the workforce of the future.”

“The agreement will include plans to provide more clinical experiences for Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine students and to increase residency and fellowship opportunities that will serve South Jersey. In addition, the plans include continued professional and career development for Virtua and Rowan nurses through streamlined access to undergraduate and graduate educational programs.”

Reactions: 2 users
Looks like there are a few of us waiting for these interview dates, do you guys think we will interview in January?

Seems like the last few applicants interviewed latest in December.
I just got my email to schedule and only saw one date open in feb (i looked through every month from jan to may)

Reactions: 1 users
To current students or alumni, Please answer a few or all questions. I appreciate any help you can provide.

Stratford Campus
  1. What do you like about this medical school?
  2. What do you wish you had?
  3. What’s bothering you the most?
  4. How did you feel about the rotations sites (3rd and 4th) and making connections for residency?
  5. How do you feel about the match list? Any popular specialties?
  6. In what region of the country do most students end up doing their residency?
  7. How difficult was it to make your group of friends? Or did the majority of people prefer to be alone?
  8. How supportive was the staff?
  9. How much is OMM emphasized?
  10. How was the overall learning environment? Competitive?
  11. Did you ever feel “alone”? Did the class size affect this?
  12. Thoughts on the curriculum? Do you like it?
  13. How’s the town? Are there cafes and good places to eat? To study?
  14. How solid is the gym?
  15. How was it when you guys prepped for boards? Did you feel supported? Was there a high % pass rate?
  16. What’s the attrition rate like? How many students do you see leave or repeat years?

How long was the interview?

Looks like there are a few of us waiting for these interview dates, do you guys think we will interview in January?

Seems like the last few applicants interviewed latest in December.
i got an email today and the only dates i was given were 1/8 and 1/11

That's awesome! When was your interview invite email sent 12/21 or 12/30, if I can ask :)
paid1.JPG

• Care
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone selected for an interview and still waiting for specific dates?
If so when did you receive the "selected for an interview" email?

Interview invite! Closest school to home so praying for the best 🤞🏾

Reactions: 3 users
Hi! Was wondering if anyone had asked admissions the following question:

With USMLE Step 1 going pass/fail, did Rowan SOM talk about how they might adjust the curriculum or provide more study time to reflect the probable emphasis DO student's will place on taking USMLE Step 2 CK?

Just Accepted! Interviewed 12/30! Absolutely ecstatic!

For those that interviewed, did Rowan admissions mention anything about the increase in class size with the opening of the Sewell location for c/o 2026? Their website now reflects the two RowanSOM locations, even an FAQ for campus selection, etc, but nowhere do they mention if the class size will increase from 215.

I wonder if any current students or admitted folks on SDN have any info on the new class size?

For those that interviewed, did Rowan admissions mention anything about the increase in class size with the opening of the Sewell location for c/o 2026? Their website now reflects the two RowanSOM locations, even an FAQ for campus selection, etc, but nowhere do they mention if the class size will increase from 215.

I wonder if any current students or admitted folks on SDN have any info on the new class size?
Yes, the class size is going to be increased to 278 students (pretty sure that was the number).

What's the interview orientation like? You should be dressed up I'm assuming?
It's pretty laid back. You should definitely dress up and have the background up that they give you with the interview invitation email. You have someone from financial aid come speak and answer questions. Then, there are current students who answer questions. I remember it being very enjoyable and they give you tips on how to do well on your interview.

How soon after the acceptance call did you get an email?

Also does anyone know what laptop RowanSOM provides incoming students? Couldn't find that info on the website :(

• Hmm
How soon after the acceptance call did you get an email?

Also does anyone know what laptop RowanSOM provides incoming students? Couldn't find that info on the website :(
I believe I saw on either this thread or a previous SDN thread that it is a Lenovo Thinkpad

Accepted today. Interview 1/8

Reactions: 3 users
Still nothing, complete 9/12 & Canadian. 3.82 & 518, time to start looking to next cycle?

Anyone still waiting for a date since getting the II email?

Anyone still waiting for a date since getting the II email?
I think I received access to the schedule around 3-4 weeks after the initial II email, no issues with scheduling.

How long is interview day and did you all upload an applicant photo? Does that affect admission? My orientation is scheduled for after my interview somehow lol

Last edited:
Thanks. Email. 503 3.56 URM OOS.
How difficult was the interview? I have mine next week. Not gonna lie a little nervous as I’m 0/1 so far and waiting for decision from a third school

How difficult was the interview? I have mine next week. Not gonna lie a little nervous as I’m 0/1 so far and waiting for decision from a third school
I personally really loved my RowanSOM interview; it's not stressful by any means.

When we pay our deposit, the payment website asks for "Account Number," but expiration date and security code from our credit card. By account number do they mean credit card number?

Pretty smooth imo. It was very conversational. Nothing out of the woodworks. Honestly my favorite interview yet.

Pretty smooth imo. It was very conversational. Nothing out of the woodworks. Honestly my favorite interview yet.
Awesome. Did you upload a photo on your application? I noted that only appeared after I was given the interview invite