2021-2022 Pennsylvania State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
When do you guys think the next round of decisions will come out?
Was just about to ask the same thingšŸ˜… hoping this week

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
does anyone know if penn state takes a certain percentage of reapplicants?

Members don't see this ad :)
Pre II hold this morning. I went through last yearā€™s posts and it looks like 1 person got an II after being put on hold šŸ˜

• Care
Pre II hold this morning. I went through last yearā€™s posts and it looks like 1 person got an II after being put on hold šŸ˜
Honestly, I don't understand what the point of a pre II hold is at a school that doesn't accept updates. Nothing has changed since the last time you viewed my application...

Reactions: 7 users
Honestly, I don't understand what the point of a pre II hold is at a school that doesn't accept updates. Nothing has changed since the last time you viewed my application...
I believe it's another way to play with the fragility of applicants. -- love a 2x Hold Status at PSU and at other Institutions.

Reactions: 2 users
I have yet to hear anything since submitting. Anyone else?

Reactions: 1 user
What did they say the period of time to hear back after the interview was? 6-10 weeks?

They said 6-8 weeks...

It will be 6 weeks for me this Friday... really hoping to hear back this week! Looks like the last of decisions went out 1/27
Thank you! Itā€™s week 9 for me hereā€¦not a good sign šŸ˜­

It was about 9 weeks between my interview and when I got the acceptance email. Relax.

I'm sure it's fine! Looks like, just based on a few posts here, that some people didn't hear back for 10+ weeks. I'm extremely anxious to get my decision if you can't tell... lol
Haha same here šŸ˜… itā€™s hard when so much is going to be based off this one decision

I was accepted, but currently debating among other schools.
If I select "I accept" to the offer, does that lock me into going to Penn State? Or just allows me to hold the acceptance until I make my final decisions in March/April?
Thanks!!
No, you are just accepting their acceptance so you will now be holding a seat in the class until you decide to commit somewhere. Using the "Commit to Enroll (CTE)" feature through AMCAS is binding and locks you into that one school

Edit: CTE date for PSU is usually late June. The date i have in my notes is June 22 which is what it was last year maybe

Last edited:
Is there a particular day that the committee meets (ex: last Friday of the month, etc.) and releases decisions? I interviewed in December and am hoping to hear back before March, but I donā€™t know if thatā€™s a realistic estimate or not given the holidays.

OOS just got the hold. Is there a last interview date or are all of the holds in purgatory until school starts?

• Care
Is there a particular day that the committee meets (ex: last Friday of the month, etc.) and releases decisions? I interviewed in December and am hoping to hear back before March, but I donā€™t know if thatā€™s a realistic estimate or not given the holidays.
They meet towards the end of each month and release decisions the first thursday/friday of the next month. I'm not sure if they are meeting/releasing decisions more often now since interviews are wrapping up but that's what they've done so far this season

Reactions: 2 users
Maybe I'm focusing a bit too much on this, but for those who received a post-II decision of any kind, what time of day did you receive your decisions?
They release in the morning usually. A lot of people get their emails around 11am EST, but I got mine around 9/930.

Sorry if this has been asked before, but does anyone know if this school accepts letters of interest/update after being placed on committee hold?

Edit: I just saw this was mentioned in the hold email "You should be aware that a subsequent decision will be based on the information presently contained in your file with the exception of updated official transcript records." -- does this mean they don't accept updates/LOIs?
no updates/no LOIs accepted

They meet towards the end of each month and release decisions the first thursday/friday of the next month. I'm not sure if they are meeting/releasing decisions more often now since interviews are wrapping up but that's what they've done so far this season
Thank you so much! Iā€™m definitely past 8 weeks post-interview, so your response gives me some peace of mind:)

At this point is a pre-II hold a better sign than no communication at all?? I submitted in early August and it's been complete silence for me

• Hmm
Been on Pre-II Hold since late October. Silence since. I think it's a silent R imo.

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Thank you so much! Iā€™m definitely past 8 weeks post-interview, so your response gives me some peace of mind:)
When did you interview? I'm trying to time when I might hear back from so that I can start making backup plans. I interviewed on Jan 26 and I'm hoping to get a response latest by the 2nd week of April ~ 11 weeks. Whether good or bad I'd like to hear back by then lol.

Hi everyone - I just got an interview invite today and I'm incredibly excited but also a little surprised. It's a little late in the cycle, no? I'm just wondering how seriously they're considering me given the fact that the other school I interviewed with this year finished interviewing around a month ago, and I can only assume Penn State has also interviewed many, many candidates already this year. I interviewed with PSUCOM last year earlier in the cycle than this year, and things were pretty quiet until I was eventually waitlisted, and later rejected. I have some valuable new experiences on my application this year so maybe I'll have better luck!

Wishing everyone on this thread the absolute best, I'm on my second application cycle and I've still yet to secure and A so I know how stressful this can be. We got this guys!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 10 users
Anyone know what are the chances of hearing back this week? My interview was 1/7. Super excited about this school
someone in the earlier thread says that they get back on the first week of every month. So you might have to wait a couple more weeks, which would be right in the 8 week timeline.

Ugh... crossing my fingers that it's this week!
Me too, even though that'd be too early for me. I'm surprised they're still doing interviews late in the cycle. Unfortunately I don't really have the luxury of waiting until May to find out :|

When did you interview? I'm trying to time when I might hear back from so that I can start making backup plans. I interviewed on Jan 26 and I'm hoping to get a response latest by the 2nd week of April ~ 11 weeks. Whether good or bad I'd like to hear back by then lol.
I interviewed during the week before Christmas, so Iā€™m approaching 10 weeks soon:(

Anyone else get an email from the school about informational sessions regarding the Park Program? It started out with "congratulations... we re thrilled." What a big tease! D:

Where did you see the info session dates?
I think if you click on the link to register from the email, it shows them. otherwise it's on the park curriculum page on their website! The next ones are March 2 (mock experience), March 16 (life at Park), and April 2 (current student experiences) I believe. Unfortunately the curriculum-specific sessions occurred late last year and earlier this year. Though I'll try to attend the last session and get any questions I have left answered.

Sucks that the website says they're handing out Park acceptances in March and April but we haven't heard back yet about our own decisions *_*.

Post-II hold just now. Super disappointing. I'm assuming that getting off that list is not very common?
I would imagine most schools are getting close to wrapping up. Only a few schools have interview seasons that go on into April, though not impossible; Iā€™m not sure itā€™s likely or probable at this point

I would imagine most schools are getting close to wrapping up. Only a few schools have interview seasons that go on into April, though not impossible; Iā€™m not sure itā€™s likely or probable at this point
This is a post-II hold, not a pre-II hold, which is a functional equivalent of a WL.

I believe PSU waitlists 70 or so a year and pulls about 25. So take that with what you will, @Waldonator.

Post-II hold just now. Super disappointing. I'm assuming that getting off that list is not very common?
This is a post-II hold, not a pre-II hold, which is a functional equivalent of a WL.

I believe PSU waitlists 70 or so a year and pulls about 25. So take that with what you will, @Waldonator.

My bad @TheWaldonator

I Saw it as pre-iiā€¦must be too early in the am for reading comprehension

Just got the A this morning!! So relieved as this was my top choice; Interviewed 12/20

• Love
Reactions: 7 users