2021-2022 Ohio University Heritage College of Osteopathic Medicine (OU-HCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Any GroupMe’s or Facebook groups out there for class of 2026? Accepted to Athens.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Any GroupMe’s or Facebook groups out there for class of 2026? Accepted to Athens.
There is a GroupMe for accepted students across all three campuses. If you were just recently accepted you should receive an email soon with a link to the GroupMe chat!

Members don't see this ad :)
Interview Invite for the waitlist sent on 3/17. Will be declining.

Hi! Has anyone here completed SURF, I was accepted and I just really want to learn more about it but their website is pretty limited! Please lmk!

I didn't see a match list on their website but I did see a lot of matches on the @ouhcomlife Instagram account!
I know on the DO student forum there is a running list of matches by programs too. Here is the current HCOM list but its being updated still.

Anesthesiology
OhioHealth Doctors Hospital
Case Western University Hospitals
MetroHealth Medical Center
Duke University
Cleveland Clinic Foundation

Dermatology
St. Joseph Medical Center
OhioHealth Riverside Methodist Hospital

Emergency Medicine
Mercy St. Vincent Medical Center
University of Buffalo
University of Louisville
Aultman Hospital
Riverside Regional Medical Center
Maricopa County/Creighton University
Henry Ford Hospital
Cleveland Clinic Akron General
University of Arizona South
UT Houston/McGovern
San Antonio Military Medical Center
Kettering Health/Grandview
Ohio State University
Summa Health
Medical University of South Carolina
University of Toledo

Family Medicine
Firelands Regional Medical Center
Marshall Community Health
OhioHealth O'Bleness Hospital
Emory University
Fairfield Medical Center
Ohio State University
Aultman Hospital
University Hospitals St. John's Medical Center
Adena Medical Center
IU Health Ball Memorial Hospital
OhioHealth Dublin Methodist Hospital
St. Elizabeth Health Center
Mercy St. Rita's Medical Center
University of South Carolina Prisma Health Greenville
Summa Health
TriHealth
Mercy Health Anderson
OhioHealth Grant Medical Center
University of Cincinnati
Eisenhower Army Medical Center

General Surgery
HCA Medical City Arlington
Sinai Hospital of Baltimore

Internal Medicine
West Virginia University
Georgetown University
Redmond Regional Medical Center
Mercy Health Muskegon
University of Louisville
University of Vermont
Cleveland Clinic Fairview
Cooper University
Cleveland Clinic Florida
University of Cincinnati
University Hospitals Regionals
Cleveland Clinic South Pointe

Neurology
University of Kentucky
Loyola University
Wright State University

Neurosurgery
University of Cincinnati

OBGYN
Aultman Hospital
Summa Health
TriHealth
Wright State University

Ophthalmology
Ascension Macomb Oakland

Orthopedic Surgery
Western Reserve Hospital
Case Western University Hospitals
Beaumont Farmington Hills/Dearborn

Osteopathic Neuromusculoskeletal Medicine
Greenbrier Valley Medical Center

Otolaryngology

Pathology
Ohio State University

Pediatrics
Nationwide Children's Hospital
Dayton Children's Hospital
University of New Mexico Children's Hospital
Children's Hospital of Michigan
Walter Reed National Military Medical Center
Cleveland Clinic Children's Hospital
Akron Children's Hospital
Naval Medical Center Portsmouth
Advocate Children's Hospital Oak Lawn
Medical College of Georgia
University of Minnesota
University of Arizona

Physical Medicine & Rehab
University of Louisville
Washington University
University of Michigan
Johns Hopkins University

Psychiatry
University of Toledo
Ohio State University
Wright State University
University of Kentucky
Summa Health

Radiology
University of Toledo
University of Kentucky
Medical University of South Carolina
Emory University

Urology
Detroit Medical Center

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Question for accepted students who are completing the institutional scholarship app: it seems like the general essay/statement of eligibility wants us to just list out how we are eligible for each scholarship we selected. Is that what you guys have done or did you write an actual essay? I’m not sure which direction to go. Just writing out how I’m eligible seems too blunt lol

Question for accepted students who are completing the institutional scholarship app: it seems like the general essay/statement of eligibility wants us to just list out how we are eligible for each scholarship we selected. Is that what you guys have done or did you write an actual essay? I’m not sure which direction to go. Just writing out how I’m eligible seems too blunt lol
Someone told me to list my GPA and other stuff like that

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you guys think they'll start calling on Friday to pull people off from the waitlist?

Do you guys think they'll start calling on Friday to pull people off from the waitlist?
They said on interview that they are interviewing until April 19th. Then they have a meeting to rank the waitlist and start calling people off the waitlist late April/ early May.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users
Anyone know if interviews are over for this school? Just trying to gauge if waitlist movement will be similar to years past

Once the waitlist is ranked, are folks notified where they stand?

Where do we send update or intent letters to? And is there any chance of hearing back with wl decisions before May? I realllllyyyy don't wanna spend money on a new application
I didn't hear back until first week of May and I think I was one of the first pulled off the waitlist. (I base this from responses on last year's forums.)
I'm thinking they're still deliberating until end of April. Right now I think my friend is helping with one of the interview groups in the coming week so I don't think they've even done all the interviews yet.
Anyone know if interviews are over for this school? Just trying to gauge if waitlist movement will be similar to years past
There's at least 1 more round of interviews. Unsure if more.
Unfortunately no
Agree. You just have to wait unfortunately. It stinks I know but I think DO schools have a lot more movement than MDs if that instills any hope :)

• Love
I didn't hear back until first week of May and I think I was one of the first pulled off the waitlist. (I base this from responses on last year's forums.)

I'm thinking they're still deliberating until end of April. Right now I think my friend is helping with one of the interview groups in the coming week so I don't think they've even done all the interviews yet.

There's at least 1 more round of interviews. Unsure if more.

Agree. You just have to wait unfortunately. It stinks I know but I think DO schools have a lot more movement than MDs if that instills any hope :)
The reason I asked was because when I interviewed they thought they would be done interviewing by April, but I guess they are not. Do you know if they also email the students or do they only call? Because when I'm at work I can't necessarily answer my phone- it will have to go to voicemail but I don't want that to mess up my chances.

The reason I asked was because when I interviewed they thought they would be done interviewing by April, but I guess they are not. Do you know if they also email the students or do they only call? Because when I'm at work I can't necessarily answer my phone- it will have to go to voicemail but I don't want that to mess up my chances.
I think they're interviewing specifically for waitlist spots right now.

And I was called. I think most people are called but I doubt that will have a huge impact on chances if it goes to voicemail. That I genuinely don't know, but if they want you bad enough to accept you, then I doubt you having a job will have a huge impact on whether or not you are officially provided an acceptance to the school.

I think they're interviewing specifically for waitlist spots right now.

And I was called. I think most people are called but I doubt that will have a huge impact on chances if it goes to voicemail. That I genuinely don't know, but if they want you bad enough to accept you, then I doubt you having a job will have a huge impact on whether or not you are officially provided an acceptance to the school.
Okay thanks for the feedback

Does hcom have a second look type event? If so, any info on when it's usually hosted?

Did anyone elses portal change/glitch? Or did anyones portal on the waitlist stop working? Mine says prospect wirh no other information rather than waitlist like it has previously.

Did anyone elses portal change/glitch? Or did anyones portal on the waitlist stop working? Mine says prospect wirh no other information rather than waitlist like it has previously.
Maybe that means interviews are over and they're in the processes of reviewing? I genuinely have absolutely no idea.

My portal looks the same, I'm on WL.

Does hcom have a second look type event? If so, any info on when it's usually hosted?
Sorry, I didn't even know what this was. I know in Dublin we had an 'WelCOMe' last weekend for accepted students. Unsure if that's the same thing and/or which campus you have been accepted to.

I was pulled from the WL so I never had one.

Their last interview day was this Tuesday. They said the committee is meeting on 4/26 to rank the waitlist.

Reactions: 3 users
I was told it was 4/19 for ranking
There's ChooseDO event today from noon to 5pm with them. We could ask them again. But I was told twice that it is on 4/26 so I am not sure.

Where did we hear this from? I asked back in march and they said they couldnt give an exact date...
Hopefully its earlier!! Get us off this waitlist!
I asked during my interview and asked one of my interviewers. Also, during last month's information session.

Reactions: 2 users
Where did we hear this from? I asked back in march and they said they couldnt give an exact date...
Hopefully its earlier!! Get us off this waitlist!
Someone reported it either last week or the week previous on here. But if Dr_Su98 says otherwise and heard back more recently I'm inclined to go with that.

Someone reported it either last week or the week previous on here. But if Dr_Su98 says otherwise and heard back more recently I'm inclined to go with that.
I mean I would go with the later day and if we heard earlier, then GREAT. But if we hoped to hear next week and we don't, it might cause more stress and anxiety.

Reactions: 2 users
At the fair today they said they finished up interviewed last Tuesday. Also they said that they can be flexible with the deposit if you need more than 24 hours to decide (if pulled of the waitlist)

Do you know if they can tell you your position if you inquire? Definitely trying to gauge how much patience I need to practice in the coming weeks lol
I don't remember exactly where I saw this at but I am like 99% sure they won't share your rank

Withdrew my acceptance this week to the Dublin campus! I hope one of you gets off the waitlist <3 sending the WL lots of hope!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 4 users
Does anyone know who we are supposed to contact for application feedback?
I believe you can email the general admission email and they will put you in contact with whoever is available first.