2021-2022 New York Med

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Looks like this school is definitely using CASPer for screening. RIP me.

Members don't see this ad.

My secondary portal link no longer works... should I be worried? Anyone else experience this?

Members don't see this ad :)
II on 9/8!!!!!! complete 7/7/21, 514 MCAT, 3.7x cGPA, IS, bottom quartile Casper (there's hope fellow sociopaths!!),

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 11 users
II invite today but the earliest dates I’m seeing are for December. Is anyone else having this issue?

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone had their interview yet? How did it go?

I think the very first wave of interviews starts in October, though I may be mistaken as the earliest date I saw was Oct 4th.

II today! Complete 7/30, IS, LM 75

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
II today! Complete 6/25, ORM, Canadian, LM 73, 4th quartile casper

Did not receive a confirmation email after scheduling the II.. anyone else?

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Members don't see this ad :)
II today! Complete 7/20. Interview dates in December yeeeeeet

• Love
II today! OOS, LM 80, complete 6/25, 3rd quartile CASPer. The interview dates were all in December.

• Love
I have received 0 interview invites!!!! 0!!!! And I submitted my primary on 6/25 and my secondary was submitted on 6/25. Honestly, what gives. At least send me a rejection or something. Anything at all other than silence

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
I have received 0 interview invites!!!! 0!!!! And I submitted my primary on 6/25 and my secondary was submitted on 6/25. Honestly, what gives. At least send me a rejection or something. Anything at all other than silence

Don't worry my guy, plenty of interviews left for all schools!! Patience is a virtue... be like Patrick.

GIF by MOODMAN

Also... silence > R imo.

Reactions: 8 users
There was a post from a student giving their insight from working on adcoms. I guess if one's stats, ECs, and PS don't meet the threshold for II but aren't too bad, they'll be put on hold so the adcoms can look at other applicants before committing to giving an II. Just because they have a finite number of IIs to give and an insane number of applicants to go through.

Reactions: 1 users
I'm in the same boat as you brother! I applied here last year in June and got an II in December. Reapplied in mid August this year and haven't heard a peep yet. It's a long and grueling process. Keep you head up!

Reactions: 2 users
II this morning, Canadian LM 76, complete 06/30. The earliest date was mid-December!

Reactions: 6 users
Submitted my secondary on 06/30. Haven't heard anything yet. I wonder when they start sending IIs, Rs, etc.? Well, I do know interviews have started already lol.

Hello! Has anyone gotten an interview or accepted into this school without a LOR from their major? I graduated a few years ago and am having trouble getting another LOR from someone in my major and I was told to send an email stating that I want to complete my application as is. I'm wondering if this will just ruin my chances at this school lol

Hello! Has anyone gotten an interview or accepted into this school without a LOR from their major? I graduated a few years ago and am having trouble getting another LOR from someone in my major and I was told to send an email stating that I want to complete my application as is. I'm wondering if this will just ruin my chances at this school lol
From NYMC itself:
"If you graduated prior to 2019 (this does not include 2019), and are unable to obtain letters of evaluation from your undergraduate or graduate school, we will accept other academically oriented letters. However, keep in mind providing us with the requested letters will strengthen your application."

For those that have already interviewed here, there is no Q&A session or anything the day before right?

No, everything was scheduled on the interview date

II just now! 3rd quartile CASPer. Complete 7/20

• Love
OOS II with no ties (CA applicant). Surprised by this one! Guess they liked my 1 sentence secondary lol. Complete 7/9. High MCAT, low/mid GPA, URM. II dates are now mid-late January.

Edit: 3rd quartile casper

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
For those who have already interviewed, did you get any emails afterward acknowledging interview completion?

Anyone who interviewed here yet want to comment on how stressful NYMC chooses to do their MMI? Or is it pretty chill?

How long after did you get a thank you email? I haven't received one yet.
I got mine about an hour after my interview ended. Check your spam or reach out to them and ask if they have your proper email info/inquire why you did not receive it.

It isn't super important, it just has a thank you, the financial aid video and a link to the NYMC information page.

Does anyone know if the “application-based station” part of the MMI is closed file or open file? Thanks !!

II just now! Complete early July

• Love
Anyone know if decisions from this school can come out today?

Probably not, their first wave of interviews started on Oct 4th and they said we would hear back in about 6 weeks. So I'd expect the first wave of decisions mid November.
Anyone know if decisions from this school can come out today?

Probably not, their first wave of interviews started on Oct 4th and they said we would hear back in about 6 weeks. So I'd expect the first wave of decisions mid November.
I thought the first wave of interviews was September 27 since that’s when I interviewed

I thought the first wave of interviews was September 27 since that’s when I interviewed
I guess I was mistaken about Oct 4th, my bad! But either way, it's only been about 3 weeks since your interview so I wouldn't expect anything until another 3 weeks.

I guess I was mistaken about Oct 4th, my bad! But either way, it's only been about 3 weeks since your interview so I wouldn't expect anything until another 3 weeks.
Ahhhh the suspense!! Lol

• Care