2021-2022 New York Institute of Technology College of Osteopathic Medicine (NYITCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm like half an hour down the LIE (assuming no traffic lol) from them and I haven't heard anything since like late July/early August when I called them to confirm that my application was complete, submitted early July.

The only email communication that I got from them was an email saying that they were missing my MCAT score. This was also the same day that my MCAT score was released and I released it to AACOMAS lol

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
I'm like half an hour down the LIE (assuming no traffic lol) from them and I haven't heard anything since like late July/early August when I called them to confirm that my application was complete, submitted early July.

The only email communication that I got from them was an email saying that they were missing my MCAT score. This was also the same day that my MCAT score was released and I released it to AACOMAS lol
random question but how long did it take for your score to get uploaded to AACOMAS after you released it?

random question but how long did it take for your score to get uploaded to AACOMAS after you released it?
Not too long. It took like two days. I basically released the score to AACOMAS almost immediately after getting it.

Does the person interviewing you have access to your primary application or secondary application?

Has anyone received any updates post-interview? Or have any knowledge about how long it ~usually~ takes to receive a decision?

Hey Everyone!

I don’t post much here but all the information I get is so helpful and I see that a lot of people are stressed about not getting interviews which I was aswell so I wanted to share my experience to maybe help.

I was contacted by admissions because I had to clarify a certain part of my application and when I did I talked to someone in admissions and was verbally told I was offered an interview but the timeline for when it will be given is unknown. That was early September. So I believe they are spreading out interviews a lot. I called again to admissions to see if everything was okay because I got worried and I was told that interviews are booked up till October 15th so interviews will be starting to be sent out possible within the next two weeks. But nothing is for sure.

Hope any of this helps!

Reactions: 4 users
Hey Everyone!

I don’t post much here but all the information I get is so helpful and I see that a lot of people are stressed about not getting interviews which I was aswell so I wanted to share my experience to maybe help.

I was contacted by admissions because I had to clarify a certain part of my application and when I did I talked to someone in admissions and was verbally told I was offered an interview but the timeline for when it will be given is unknown. That was early September. So I believe they are spreading out interviews a lot. I called again to admissions to see if everything was okay because I got worried and I was told that interviews are booked up till October 15th so interviews will be starting to be sent out possible within the next two weeks. But nothing is for sure.

Hope any of this helps!
Thank you for sharing!

I interviewed here recently and was pretty disappointed with the experience, especially considering other people on here have been saying theirs was super conversational. My interviewer was nice but didn't seem interested in getting to know me really. I was asked 4-5 standard questions which were read off of a page and had nothing to do with my app specifically.

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed here recently and was pretty disappointed with the experience, especially considering other people on here have been saying theirs was super conversational. My interviewer was nice but didn't seem interested in getting to know me really. I was asked 4-5 standard questions which were read off of a page and had nothing to do with my app specifically.
This is exactly how my interview went as well. My mentor went to NYCOM so I’m pretty high on the school but I’m wondering if we had the same interviewer lmao

This is exactly how my interview went as well. My mentor went to NYCOM so I’m pretty high on the school but I’m wondering if we had the same interviewer lmao

It’s definitely possible. It really threw me off because I didn’t expect like the standardized list of questions. I suppose the vibe varies widely depending on the interviewer but it left me feeling disappointed.

It’s definitely possible. It really threw me off because I didn’t expect like the standardized list of questions. I suppose the vibe varies widely depending on the interviewer but it left me feeling disappointed.
I *tried* to DM you (start a conversation?) about the interview! I feel the same and would love to chat about it if you wouldn’t mind! If not, no worries! Best of luck to you!

I interviewed beginning of September, should I send an update or letter of interest? I see the above comments saying they encourage updates but their website says no updates, so I’m just wondering if anyone has any thoughts on if/when I should send one!

Does anyone know how to send new LoR's to them?

I just interviewed and I felt somewhat the opposite! My interviewer asked me the standard questions but also commented on my application here or there and would ask follow up questions. I was pleasantly surprised but definitely still felt nervous. Hoping it will all turn out okay!!

I just interviewed and I felt somewhat the opposite! My interviewer asked me the standard questions but also commented on my application here or there and would ask follow up questions. I was pleasantly surprised but definitely still felt nervous. Hoping it will all turn out okay!!
Thanks for sharing!! Did your interview run longer or was it just 30 mins?

Thanks for sharing!! Did your interview run longer or was it just 30 mins?
It was around the 25 minute mark! I had a small amount of time at the end where I asked two questions but that was about it.

It was around the 25 minute mark! I had a small amount of time at the end where I asked two questions but that was about it.
Oh wow that is really quick thanks for letting us know

II rec'd 10/4/21, scheduled for 10/22. 3.71/3.57/513/IS/ORM

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone have any idea when we will start to hear? Interviewed mid September
Iirc, last year the first acceptances went out October 9, and October 10 the year before that. It was during the first full week of October for both, so it should be any day now, really. Maybe today, tomorrow, early next week. Good luck!

does anyone know if all september interview dates might get a decision in october? for example i interviewed on 9/23. also does anyone have tips on how to navigate the waiting game...any suggestions much appreciated as i am driving myself nuts.

does anyone know if all september interview dates might get a decision in october? for example i interviewed on 9/23. also does anyone have tips on how to navigate the waiting game...any suggestions much appreciated as i am driving myself nuts.
No idea about the decisions for September…as for the waiting game, there’s really no tips other than wait 😂 last year I waited in silence from January to May, ended up on a waitlist and then had to wait in silence AGAIN until July (different school). Keep living your life and checking your email, and eventually you’ll get some news!

Really wondering when people will hear back after the interview

I looked through last year’s thread and it looks like decisions were going out on the second Thursday of the month starting in October. There was one person who said they interviewed in September and didn’t hear back until mid November iirc so who knows.

RIP. If I'm not mistaken, they had given out A's by now in the past two cycles, right?
No idea, I haven’t heard of anyone getting news from NYCOM post-interview yet for this cycle so I ~hope~ I’m not RIP’d lol

• Haha
No idea, I haven’t heard of anyone getting news from NYCOM post-interview yet for this cycle so I ~hope~ I’m not RIP’d lol
HAHA, no you're definitely not RIP'd we're all in the same boat. Hopefully we hear some good news today. Good luck!

Had an interview here today. The interviewer was very nice, but the experience was very condensed. I wish it was longer so I could go into more detail about myself and my activities/background. Best of luck everyone!