2021-2022 New York Institute of Technology College of Osteopathic Medicine (NYITCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So NYITCOM just sent me a super late II (today! on the last day of February!) but the first slot (3/15) is after the (expensive) deposit deadline for Touro (3/9) which I would be unlikely to give up even if I later got an A from NYITCOM. Would it be weird to interview with a school just to see what I would be missing out on? How does the rotation quality at either school compare ?

(I’m also waiting to hear back from NYMC …)
Hi! Interview slots are limited and if you don’t anticipate attending NYITCOM, you’d be taking an interview away from someone who may be dreaming of attending. I’d say give It up for another applicant! But to answer your rotation quality question…NYITCOM is very well connected on Long Island. Rotations include north shore university hospital, mount Sinai South Nassau, and nassau university medical center. Our program also has connections with hospitals in Brooklyn and Queens, NJ, and upstate, so there’s a lot of variety.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 8 users
So NYITCOM just sent me a super late II (today! on the last day of February!) but the first slot (3/15) is after the (expensive) deposit deadline for Touro (3/9) which I would be unlikely to give up even if I later got an A from NYITCOM. Would it be weird to interview with a school just to see what I would be missing out on? How does the rotation quality at either school compare ?

(I’m also waiting to hear back from NYMC …)
My two cents, NYITCOM will open up far more doors for you - based on what I have heard from graduates of both institutions. So, even if the deposit at Touro is very expensive, if you get in at NYITCOM, I would give up my seat at Touro.
But whatever you decide, I wish you best of luck!

Any admitted people, or anyone in general, know how stringent the policy is for submitting the immunization form within two weeks? My primary care physician recently retired so it's a bit of a hassle trying to find a new one and transferring records etc.
See if you can find a clinic near you that can do titers because they take either titers or vaccine records.

Members don't see this ad :)
Any admitted people, or anyone in general, know how stringent the policy is for submitting the immunization form within two weeks? My primary care physician recently retired so it's a bit of a hassle trying to find a new one and transferring records etc.
Where did you hear that? I was accepted 3 months ago and now you're scaring me because I haven't done it yet...

Where did you hear that? I was accepted 3 months ago and now you're scaring me because I haven't done it yet...
There's like an admitted students page with a to do list that said that. If you got accepted 3 months ago and haven't had an issue it seems like it's no problem. I think it would just need to be submitted before classes start anyway. Didn't mean to scare haha I was just moreso worried bc my primary care doctor where all my records are retired when I didn't anticipate it. So finding a new one and then having them fill/sign the form takes a bit of time

There's like an admitted students page with a to do list that said that. If you got accepted 3 months ago and haven't had an issue it seems like it's no problem. I think it would just need to be submitted before classes start anyway. Didn't mean to scare haha I was just moreso worried bc my primary care doctor where all my records are retired when I didn't anticipate it. So finding a new one and then having them fill/sign the form takes a bit of time
Fair enough. Weirdly enough I'm the same situation lol. Also i checked the admitted students page and it doesn't give a deadline for immunization except of course before classes start. There is only a deadline for COVID immunization and the deposit as far as I'm aware.

Reactions: 1 user
Did anyone else get any email about the bridge program

Members don't see this ad :)
anyone not hear back at all, post secondary?

Reactions: 4 users
Mind sharing what is the bridge program?
It’s basically a two year MS and if you reach the gpa requirement the first year, you have a spot for their med school in 2023

Any ideas when February interviews might hear back?

Does anyone have any information about the bridge program, is it a good option to consider? I was sent the email (after being waitlisted) and do have lower stats (high GPA, low MCAT). Is there anyone that's been through this program or is this the first year it's been offered? Is it a guaranteed seat if you uphold the 3.0 GPA? The masters major is kind of random (Medical/Healthcare Simulation??), is it really worth the extra year, or will it be difficult to maintain the 3.0 GPA? Ugh so many questions, I did sign up for the info session though lol!

Does anyone have any information about the bridge program, is it a good option to consider? I was sent the email (after being waitlisted) and do have lower stats (high GPA, low MCAT). Is there anyone that's been through this program or is this the first year it's been offered? Is it a guaranteed seat if you uphold the 3.0 GPA? The masters major is kind of random (Medical/Healthcare Simulation??), is it really worth the extra year, or will it be difficult to maintain the 3.0 GPA? Ugh so many questions, I did sign up for the info session though lol!
are you currently waitlisted or did you not get an interview? I also have low stats and didn't get any email about the bridge program.

are you currently waitlisted or did you not get an interview? I also have low stats and didn't get any email about the bridge program.
I did interview and got waitlisted during the mass WL email they sent in Feb, it's weird I'm not sure what criteria they used to choose who they're sending the bridge program email to. Hopefully we get more info during the informational sessions!

I don't think this is the first year it's being offered as I saw that it was mentioned very briefly by like one person in last year's thread. No real info though. I'd love to attend an info session too but I have work; it would be great if you could share any insights you learn from it! :)

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone know when the next round of acceptances will be released?

Are these acceptances that would come out mid month for people on waitlist or for the ones still interviewing or both?

Are these acceptances that would come out mid month for people on waitlist or for the ones still interviewing or both?
I doubt any acceptances will be coming at this point in the cycle. The waitlist typically begins moving end of April.

yeah honestly given that they're already waitlisting, I'd imagine they're playing the yield game now. Lets see how it goes!

How big is the incoming class?

The Class of 2026 Facebook group is at 143 students only...

How big is the incoming class?

The Class of 2026 Facebook group is at 143 students only...
Its usually 295 thats why im so confused why they are waitlisting everyone! Other schools are already filled up which is why theyre waitlisting but this school looks like its got a lot of room left

Its usually 295 thats why im so confused why they are waitlisting everyone! Other schools are already filled up which is why theyre waitlisting but this school looks like its got a lot of room left
There’s a lot components to it which only the med school knows. We can guess all we want but nobody knows all the process works except the school. Best thing is to stay hopeful and patient!

echoing what Aj said! WL is a WL, it just means they're werkin on it. Fingers crossed, stay hopeful + interested.

Just withdrew from the waitlist, hopefully that helps one of you guys out

• Care
Reactions: 8 users
I contacted the health office of the college where I did my undergrad since they had my vaccination records. They sent my records over and I submitted them with no problem. That might be easier than contacting your primary care doctor, if possible.

I think my class is 330ish

Disregard above, got a confirmation in less than 10 minutes lol.

Reactions: 1 users
I believe this is due to the school waiting for their BS/DOs to confirm their seats with the school! From what I understand the students interview for NYCOM around Jan/Feb and are accepted in March then they must confirm their seats. Depending on how many of them confirm (some may transfer out if they received high MCAT scores) the school will most likely go back through the waitlist and start accepting students based on how many seats are left.

Reactions: 3 users
I believe this is due to the school waiting for their BS/DOs to confirm their seats with the school! From what I understand the students interview for NYCOM around Jan/Feb and are accepted in March then they must confirm their seats. Depending on how many of them confirm (some may transfer out if they received high MCAT scores) the school will most likely go back through the waitlist and start accepting students based on how many seats are left.
Oh that makes sense. How big is their BS/DO class, any idea?