2021-2022 New York Institute of Technology College of Osteopathic Medicine (NYITCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
are they still giving out interviews?
Probably. They just gave some out Friday.
I was complete July and silence

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hopefully this week is the week we hear back 🤪

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
someone just got accepted for the jonesboro campus. There is still hope!!

Reactions: 3 users
Hi everyone! Does anyone know about how the class schedule is set up? Are classes online? Are any classes mandatory? How does it work? thank you for your help!

Hi everyone! Does anyone know about how the class schedule is set up? Are classes online? Are any classes mandatory? How does it work? thank you for your help!
Lectures are prerecorded with usually around 10-15 per week. They aren't mandatory but highly recommended. Labs are mandatory and mostly in person.

Anyone know if NYITCOM will consider a January MCAT? Scored a 505 and was completed in October but haven't heard anything back.

Tomorrow is 6 weeks from my interview, any word on early Jan interviews yet? Has anyone heard an updated estimate?

Tomorrow is 6 weeks from my interview, any word on early Jan interviews yet? Has anyone heard an updated estimate?
i interviewed 1/11 and haven’t heard back yet, i’m guessing (?) it will be this week though

Update: got waitlist email ~10 min ago.
1/07 interview.

Members don't see this ad :)
just got waitlisted, interviewed 1/6
i also sent a letter of intent about 2 weeks after my interview,
should i send another one, and how soon?

Does anyone know what the WL movement is like at this school?

It's possible that they're sending out WL decisions first and will send As tomorrow. My A was sent on a Friday

See you guys again around March 18 lol

• Care
What's the sub 500 range?
I'm sorry you only got a snarky response. To answer your question, I think there are some people that report ~497 with an A from here. However do keep in mind these our extreme outliers and you should always look at the averages first. These outliers are not significant.

Where are the ppl that got accepted?? Fb group number keeps going up i just wanna know when yall got interviewed and then accepted but i dont think those ppl use SDN 😭😭😭

Where are the ppl that got accepted?? Fb group number keeps going up i just wanna know when yall got interviewed and then accepted but i dont think those ppl use SDN 😭😭😭
Could be possible they are BS/DO students? Or, maybe accepted students that are just now discovering the group? 🤔

Last edited:
Hey friends, does anyone know if we receive an email confirmation of some sort after submitting a letter of intent?

3.7/501 I was complete back in July and nothing but silence from NYIT. Do any of U rec that I email them with a letter of intent? Would that possibly help? I'm not sure if they do interviews into March

3.7/501 I was complete back in July and nothing but silence from NYIT. Do any of U rec that I email them with a letter of intent? Would that possibly help? I'm not sure if they do interviews into March
same also complete then and nothing. I would only send a letter if you have anything to update (letter of update) intent is after interview.

Reactions: 1 users
Dont know how i can keep my sanity til the middle of next month again :/

Reactions: 1 users
Any admitted people, or anyone in general, know how stringent the policy is for submitting the immunization form within two weeks? My primary care physician recently retired so it's a bit of a hassle trying to find a new one and transferring records etc.

So NYITCOM just sent me a super late II (today! on the last day of February!) but the first slot (3/15) is after the (expensive) deposit deadline for Touro (3/9) which I would be unlikely to give up even if I later got an A from NYITCOM. Would it be weird to interview with a school just to see what I would be missing out on? How does the rotation quality at either school compare ?

(I’m also waiting to hear back from NYMC …)