2021-2022 Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (Erie, Pennsylvania)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Got the II email!! Interviews will be like last year, asynchronous video with a Zoom information session.

Members don't see this ad.

OOS interview invite received 20 mins ago! Got a text and email

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Looks like I missed the first wave of II's guys :( Best of luck in your interviews!!!! You're all going to kill it!!!

Reactions: 2 users
Looks like I missed the first wave of II's guys :( Best of luck in your interviews!!!! You're all going to kill it!!!
Same. Maybe it's based on when we submitted the secondary? But good luck to everyone who received an II!

Same. Maybe it's based on when we submitted the secondary? But good luck to everyone who received an II!
I submitted secondary 6/17🤷🏽‍♂️Didn’t get II but I’m not being neurotic. Still very early!

• Care
True, we're still very early relative to the rest of the cycle lol
Also I feel like people who post on SDN are already not representative of the general applicant pool🤷🏽‍♂️Same with reddit

Can anyone explain how interviews work at LECOM?

Members don't see this ad :)
got an interview today as well - first one! seconding the question about how the interviews work at LECOM and the information session. thank you!

Has anyone gotten an II at Elmira? I just realized I put that as my first choice.

Reactions: 1 users
same - has your portal changed at all? mine still says under review...
Same. I think we're good, seems like Elmira II's haven't gone out yet. I was going crazy wondering why I didn't get an II yet when I felt like I was competitive with solid stats and ECs :eek:

Didn’t get anything today either guys you’re not alone. Submitted secondary right away

Reactions: 5 users
Does anyone know if the interview invites for are all released at once in the morning or if they are offered throughout the day?

Does anyone know if the interview invites for are all released at once in the morning or if they are offered throughout the day?
I am wondering this too Bc my ais is 127

Do they usually interview higher stats people first? I have a 3.5 505 closer to their average but it seems like everyone who is getting II's has higher 🥺

Do they usually interview higher stats people first? I have a 3.5 505 closer to their average but it seems like everyone who is getting II's has higher 🥺

I have a 3.7x and 51x and haven’t heard anything yet!

Yeah it's kind of irritating.. I have a 3.57 pretty much a 3.6 and a 506 which is really good for DO schools and can get you decent shots at MD as well. And I got nothing either. It seems most people getting it this early are well above Lecoms averages. Mabye they like to secure high stat applicants first? I wouldn't worry though. It's so early.

Yeah it's kind of irritating.. I have a 3.57 pretty much a 3.6 and a 506 which is really good for DO schools and can get you decent shots at MD as well. And I got nothing either. It seems most people getting it this early are well above Lecoms averages. Mabye they like to secure high stat applicants first? I wouldn't worry though. It's so early.
Similar stats here

Yea it looks like everyone like 3.7-3.8 and above is getting an interview right now. I have lower stats but good ECs and upward trend, nothing 😭

Would u say ur competitive?
Overall I would say yes my MCAT is above average but my GPA is a little below with an upward trend. EC’s and letters of rec are good. Hope they feel the same way 😂

Yea it looks like everyone like 3.7-3.8 and above is getting an interview right now. I have lower stats but good ECs and upward trend, nothing 😭
Yeah I got a 3.6x gpa, 3.5x sgpa 50x, 51x mcats and got nothing yet.

If you’ve been rejected from Bradenton, is that pretty much an automatic rejection from Erie?

Just got a text telling me they’re reviewing my app. Anyone else get this?
I got this text about a week after I submitted my secondary and my portal changed to "Your application is under review".

So I’m a little nervous and I’m not sure why I’m only thinking about this now but if you put in your ACT score in the secondary app does that automatically make you an AIS applicant? I already had an MCAT on file since last year but I also put in my ACT just as a bonus because I did have a decent ACT score.

So I’m a little nervous and I’m not sure why I’m only thinking about this now but if you put in your ACT score in the secondary app does that automatically make you an AIS applicant? I already had an MCAT on file since last year but I also put in my ACT just as a bonus because I did have a decent ACT score.
I did that too. I don’t think that makes you AIS

I got a II and I didn’t have the best stats.

3.5 gpa at BU SMP after a 3.0 sGPA during undergrad. I applied with a previous MCAT of 509 (retook in June) though i applied with AIS. I’m more of an “extracurricular-oriented” applicant so those with lower stats don’t lose hope!

I got a II and I didn’t have the best stats.

3.5 gpa at BU SMP after a 3.0 sGPA during undergrad. I applied with a previous MCAT of 509 (retook in June) though i applied with AIS. I’m more of an “extracurricular-oriented” applicant so those with lower stats don’t lose hope!
Did you specifically apply AIS? Is there someway to do that? Lol now I’m curious because of @azo123 comment

Did you specifically apply AIS? Is there someway to do that? Lol now I’m curious because of @azo123 comment
I believe I did. They had my old MCAT scores from AACOMAS but i didn't want to wait until the new score came out so I submitted my GPA with and SAT scores when it asked me to on the secondary.

Seems like a lot of us applied with AIS, interesting! I just scheduled my info session for August 5. Not a lot of dates available. At this point I’m just eagerly awaiting some news from Bradenton because I’m a FL resident and that’s definitely my preference.

Seems like a lot of us applied with AIS, interesting! I just scheduled my info session for August 5. Not a lot of dates available. At this point I’m just eagerly awaiting some news from Bradenton because I’m a FL resident and that’s definitely my preference.
I didn’t do it intentionally. I just put my act score cuz it was decent not so that they consider me an AIS applicant…

I have a decent GPA but I don't know if my AIS is competitive enough. Do you know if they select applicants based on just stats?

I got the interview invite this morning, 3.47 cGPA, 3.3 sGPA, 507 MCAT, upward trend on all and strong EC's and LOR's

I didn’t do it intentionally. I just put my act score cuz it was decent not so that they consider me an AIS applicant…
I think they said not to include ACT/SAT if you plan on sending an MCAT, so I’m not sure if they’ll be considering you as an AIS or not but it’s possible. If you already sent MCAT I’m sure they’ve seen that too though so it probably doesn’t matter

Did anyone else apply without a letter from a pre-health committee? I had to get letters from 2 profs, I was not a member of a pre-med group in college. Still got an interview so we good

Did anyone else apply without a letter from a pre-health committee? I had to get letters from 2 profs, I was not a member of a pre-med group in college. Still got an interview so we good

We don't have a committee at my school so yup! Haven't heard anything back yet other than being under review though