2020-2021 University of Southern California (Keck)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Do ppl have any idea when dean arias plans on sending out II?
Someone posted on here (but it looks like the post was subsequently deleted) that dean arias told them that II wont be going out for a few more weeks.

Members don't see this ad.

Yea idk these guys are usually the fastest for sending II -- wouldn't be surprised if they came out this week

has anyone else still not gotten the secondary? :/ not sure what to do but I don’t believe I would be screened out and was under the impression everyone gets one anyways

No secondary here either. I emailed them about it and after they asked me for my AMCAS ID, they said I should be getting it very soon. However, that was over a week ago so I'm not sure if they have the same definition of soon as I do haha just gotta keep waiting i guess

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
No secondary here either. I emailed them about it and after they asked me for my AMCAS ID, they said I should be getting it very soon. However, that was over a week ago so I'm not sure if they have the same definition of soon as I do haha just gotta keep waiting i guess
rip us I guess haha I might shoot them an email soon too

Yup still no secondary coming up on 2 weeks since primary submission.

I got some info for ppl who haven’t received secondaries, they are sending out the next wave “sometime within the next week”

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I have a theory. Go to ur app and click on document status. I feel as though it actually depicts the last time your letter of rec was accessed. Because mine showed a different date (my recs came in way earlier) and it showed the one day and then this week the date was updated.

• Hmm
I have a theory. Go to ur app and click on document status. I feel as though it actually depicts the last time your letter of rec was accessed. Because mine showed a different date (my recs came in way earlier) and it showed the one day and then this week the date was updated.

That is an interesting theory. My letters also show a different date. Do yours show 7/30? It might just be a server thing, I wouldn't put too much stock in this idea.

Mine said 22nd and then 31st they also have individual time staps.
That is an interesting theory. My letters also show a different date. Do yours show 7/30? It might just be a server thing, I wouldn't put too much stock in this idea.
mine said 22nd untill last week and now 31st. They also have pretty distinct time stamps. my letters came in on the 15th

Reactions: 1 user
Idk, Keck is historically pretty fast about reviewing applications. Maybe they are done/have started reviewing yours? But I wouldn't get yourself worked up over this. You will hear sooner or later.

Mine said 22nd and then 31st they also have individual time staps.

mine said 22nd untill last week and now 31st. They also have pretty distinct time stamps. my letters came in on the 15th
omg, that's so interesting. mine says 8/1 with the time stamp!

I was complete 7/18 and mine says 8/2 with a morning time stamp! Interesting. also probably not good for my mental health to be so closely scrutinizing stuff like this but what can ya do

All my letters were in 7/13 and I was compete 7/15. I just checked and now they say 7/28.

now I’m scared hahaha.

Complete 7/15 and says they saw it 7/27 in the night

Historically, how fast has Keck been with rejections?

Historically, how fast has Keck been with rejections?
I've heard that they're pretty quick to give you an R as soon as they know instead of just ghosting you for 8 months like some other schools do. But I'd like to hear from others if this is true!

Mine show a date before July 10th when schools received primary app info.

For the nickname prompt, do you think it's appropriate to write about a nickname I currently have that I really like

For the nickname prompt, do you think it's appropriate to write about a nickname I currently have that I really like
??
Why wouldn't it be? Your goal is to write an interesting, personal anecdote in 3-5 sentences. Be reflective.

For the criminal offenses question, has anyone asked if they meant for non-misdemeanor speeding tickets to be included? I read it as just misdemeanors and felonies, but I realized after seeing UCSD’s secondary (where they specifically mention to not include speeding tickets) that I may have answered the question wrong, and USC doesn’t accept updates. I’m kicking myself for not emailing before submitting. Would I have to mention it if I get interviewed?

I highly, highly doubt anyone is going to care about a speeding ticket especially if it wasn't for a super egregious speed. I don't think the background check they do will even have speeding tickets show up.

I heard that II were beginning to come out in "early" august. Any chance that means this week?

My AMCAS was complete mid July and still no Secondary for me :/ Anyone else waiting? I’m OOS btw

My AMCAS was complete mid July and still no Secondary for me :/ Anyone else waiting? I’m OOS btw

+1 OOS. verified 7/17 but still waiting for the day USC enters my springtime of youth

Reactions: 2 users
+1 OOS. verified 7/17 but still waiting for the day USC enters my springtime of youth
+2 OOS, verified around the same time, not sure if I should reach out to admissions or just keep waiting since it doesn't seem like they prescreen based on their website.

+2 OOS, verified around the same time, not sure if I should reach out to admissions or just keep waiting since it doesn't seem like they prescreen based on their website.

I would prob spend the springtime of youth waiting til end of the week, as per
I got some info for ppl who haven’t received secondaries, they are sending out the next wave “sometime within the next week”

my app was verified like 2 weeks ago and i still have not received a secondary :(

Reactions: 7 users
I'm planning on applying next cycle. I had a question about the Keck school of medicine stats. According to MSAR the median accepted cGPA is 3.81 and sGPA is 3.79. But according to the Keck school of medicine admissions website, it says their average accepted GPA is 3.7. Which one is correct?

I'm planning on applying next cycle. I had a question about the Keck school of medicine stats. According to MSAR the median accepted cGPA is 3.81 and sGPA is 3.79. But according to the Keck school of medicine admissions website, it says their average accepted GPA is 3.7. Which one is correct?

median =/= mean

Reactions: 5 users
As per the comment above, the mean and median are not the same. But if you were to consider which one is more representative, it would be the median

I'm still waiting. verified 2 weeks ago, LM 80+, IS
I emailed the admissions staff and they said to expect the next round of secondaries to release tomorrow or next week! Hopefully we're in that round

Reactions: 3 users
I emailed the admissions staff and they said to expect the next round of secondaries to release tomorrow or next week! Hopefully we're in that round

nE9s529.gif

• Haha
did they happen to say anything about II's? lol

did they happen to say anything about II's? lol

lol ok I pulled the ultimate neurotic move and emailed about IIs last week — the responder said early August would be when the first ones go out. Which is like... now? So I’d say either Tom or next weekppl should start hearing back

does anyone know how much later do the mstp iis go out? like what's the lag between md and mstp timeline?

I have heard from other applicants that MPH tuition is free for those admitted to the medical school and looking to pursue an MD/MPH dual degree. I don't want to operate on or spread false information so...would anyone be able to confirm or deny this?

Me patiently waiting on an II considering this was the first/fastest school I applied to :scared:

everyone, look at your LORs! Can we all post:
stats, date submitted USC secondary, and the date the LOR was last accessed?

i'll start:
3.91/513, complete 7/20, last accessed 7/24 at 08:50

My guess: an early complete date + a later LOR date, like August 6th or 7th, would mean they're giving you an ii. opinions? so in my case, i would think it's bad because ever since the 24th, they haven't bothered to look again