2020-2021 Touro College of Osteopathic Medicine (Middletown Campus)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
But they want more money on the 15th so i hope they’re out before then so we know what we are paying a non return deposit towards
I was told multiple times that the second deposit is refundable. The first one isn’t refundable

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Female needing housing to share in Middletown near the college. Anyone know of students needing a roommate or a forum that lists opportunities?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi All - On waitlist for Touro Middletown. Hoping for some movement. Please post any updates!! Best of luck to everyone, and congrats to those that got A’s.

hopefully we will see WL movement this week. I need some positive news!

Reactions: 2 users
They are closed today and tomorrow for Shavuot a jewish holiday

Reactions: 1 user
To those who have either been accepted or have compared Touro middletown with UNECOM, what are the financials? How do they compare? Is Touro that much more expensive than other DO schools?

To those who have either been accepted or have compared Touro middletown with UNECOM, what are the financials? How do they compare? Is Touro that much more expensive than other DO schools?
I was accepted to both and chose Touro. Feel free to DM me!

Members don't see this ad :)
Any movement for Middletown? It looks like other schools have started to pull people off the waitlist.

Does anyone know when the Masters students are done, and are accepted into the program? Any day now right?

not necessarily. theres only 30 or 35 spots reserved for them. if less than that meet the requirement than they go to waitlist, etc
they already found out if they were accepted or not based on their GPA. They found out last week. So I am assuming the 2 people that got off this week from the waitlist were prob 2 masters students who didnt make it in

not necessarily. theres only 30 or 35 spots reserved for them. if less than that meet the requirement than they go to waitlist, etc
they already found out if they were accepted or not based on their GPA. They found out last week. So I am assuming the 2 people that got off this week from the waitlist were prob 2 masters students who didnt make it in
So, now what? Is there still a chance that there is waitlist movement? Or is it very minimal at this point? Arrggh! What can we expect. Two people is almost no movement at all.

t
So, now what? Is there still a chance that there is waitlist movement? Or is it very minimal at this point? Arrggh! What can we expect. Two people is almost no movement at all.
that idk. They might still be working through dropping people that requested to drop and and looking at the those on the WL? idk if they do it in batches. I have no idea. there might be plenty of emails of people denying their acceptance but not enough time to be dropping them and accepting other students?? IDK. All i know is that I am depressed

t

that idk. They might still be working through dropping people that requested to drop and and looking at the those on the WL? idk if they do it in batches. I have no idea. there might be plenty of emails of people denying their acceptance but not enough time to be dropping them and accepting other students?? IDK. All i know is that I am depressed
I agree. I wish we knew more. I do think that it will take them time to swap people that are not accepting etc. however, I am not sure how they do it. Does anyone know how many people moved off the waitlist in previous years? I somehow thought it was quite a bit.

I agree. I wish we knew more. I do think that it will take them time to swap people that are not accepting etc. however, I am not sure how they do it. Does anyone know how many people moved off the waitlist in previous years? I somehow thought it was quite a bit.
I know last year there was no movement but there was plenty of movement the year prior. I also know 3x the amount of people applied this year

My heart is sinking. That is a bummer that there was no movement last year. I am hoping that somehow this year is different and that there will be movement. Fingers crossed.

I wish they told us our place on the waitlist. I hate having false hope. I wanna know if I should just cut my losses and reapply or hold out because I have a high chance of being accepted.

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
I wish they told us our place on the waitlist. I hate having false hope. I wanna know if I should just cut my losses and reapply or hold out because I have a high chance of being accepted.
I know they really should be required to tell us!! I’m on two “unranked” waitlists that don’t share where we are even though we all know they have a ranking. It sucks

I know they really should be required to tell us!! I’m on two “unranked” waitlists that don’t share where we are even though we all know they have a ranking. It sucks
OMG SAMEEE. there's no way they review every applicant on an "unranked list" they have to have priority of who they want to review. im on 4, it sucks. pretty much waitlisted at all schools i interviewed at ):cryi:

• Care
OMG SAMEEE. there's no way they review every applicant on an "unranked list" they have to have priority of who they want to review. im on 4, it sucks. pretty much waitlisted at all schools i interviewed at ):cryi:
Wishing you the best 🥺

Do most students live on or off campus their first year? Since financial aid isn’t out I was curious if anyone has any insight in the best housing options

Does anyone know if it is too late to get into some of the masters programs that guarantee an interview etc? I think I may apply just in case

Does anyone know if it is too late to get into some of the masters programs that guarantee an interview etc? I think I may apply just in case
It looks like the Harlem campus is having more waitlist movement than Middletown. Any new movement here?

It looks like the Harlem campus is having more waitlist movement than Middletown. Any new movement here?
I think the Middletown admissions are a bit behind and haven’t offered the MS students their positions yet so it’s delayed. I’m not sure if Harlem has MS students

I think the Middletown admissions are a bit behind and haven’t offered the MS students their positions yet so it’s delayed. I’m not sure if Harlem has MS students
what makes you think this? Last thing i heard was all the MS students knew last week

MS students found out last week
Hopefully, we will start seeing movement of some kind soon. The MD waitlist forums list people with DO acceptances and MD waitlists, so perhaps a little movement is to come.

Just got accepted off the WL!! My first A this cycle I’m going to cry!

• Love
Reactions: 7 users