2020-2021 Stanford

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know if letters of interest/intent are accepted/useful here (particularly if waitlisted)? Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know if letters of interest/intent are accepted/useful here (particularly if waitlisted)? Thanks in advance!
I don't think they care. From past threads, seems like they reach out to the ones whom they're interested in. Don't call us we'll call you deal, very California. Most schools ask if you want to stay on the WL, they just assume you do I guess.

Reactions: 1 user
For students that have been admitted, has any one received an acceptance with a lower mcat score (<510)?

Members don't see this ad :)
They said they won't be doing more Zoom calls for acceptances and will go back to regular acceptance calls.
Hi all, just so people know I can confirm this is true. My SO (no SDN acct) just got a regular acceptance call. December interview. I'm guessing more will come later today. Good luck to everyone!

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users
Just got a regular acceptance call! December interview. They said MSTP results will be called separately at another time. It came from an unknown No Caller ID number, I almost didn't pick it up haha...

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
Just got a regular acceptance call! December interview. They said MSTP results will be called separately at another time. It came from an unknown No Caller ID number, I almost didn't pick it up haha...
When in December? I wasn't expecting further acceptances this month I'm wondering if they are picking up people in order of interview or just Dec as a batch.

Just got an MD admission! MSTP will be evaluated later! Holy I’m crying

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
First December date, so quite possible it is in order.

Reactions: 2 users
They really do be cappin on the admissions page smh. Looks like there will be more than 3 release dates (not that I’m complaining).

Members don't see this ad :)
i just lost my phone now im freaking out if I miss a call (not getting my hopes up though, lol) that ill lose out. Will my portal also update or is there an email that is sent out prior or around the same time?

Did anyone from PSTP or from the December 9th batch get an A yet?

• Hmm
i just lost my phone now im freaking out if I miss a call (not getting my hopes up though, lol) that ill lose out. Will my portal also update or is there an email that is sent out prior or around the same time?
They said they'll send an email at some point, not sure when though. No portal update on my end.

How strict is the two week VITA deadline? Been sick with COVID lol
So sorry to hear that, hope you get better soon. I did that on the last day and was in touch with the admission in regards to the deadline. Although I feel I’m not the best one to answer you this question but it seems to me that admission officers are very supportive and want to make this process as smooth as possible for us. So I’d recommend you to reach out to them as soon as possible to make arrangements. Stay strong!

During my MSTP interview they said we could expect to hear back in March about the MSTP decisions! Hopefully they can get back to us sooner lol

So sorry to hear that, hope you get better soon. I did that on the last day and was in touch with the admission in regards to the deadline. Although I feel I’m not the best one to answer you this question but it seems to me that admission officers are very supportive and want to make this process as smooth as possible for us. So I’d recommend you to reach out to them as soon as possible to make arrangements. Stay strong!
Thank you! I’ll try to power through lol also does the vita time stamp when you submit? if I’m on the east coast and have the vita to submit for a west coast school, do I have until my midnight or midnight of the west coast school?

Thank you! I’ll try to power through lol also does the vita time stamp when you submit? if I’m on the east coast and have the vita to submit for a west coast school, do I have until my midnight or midnight of the west coast school?
I’m sure it does timestamp, but I doubt people are quibbling over a few hrs here and there. I’m pretty sure the 2 weeks deadline is just in place to get stuff back in a somewhat timely manner.

I know PTSP were notified on Wednesday on the Zoom call just for MD, and PTSP would come later as well. Not sure if they plan on having phone calls for PTSP.

I’m sure it does timestamp, but I doubt people are quibbling over a few hrs here and there. I’m pretty sure the 2 weeks deadline is just in place to get stuff back in a somewhat timely manner.
I agree!

During my MSTP interview they said we could expect to hear back in March about the MSTP decisions! Hopefully they can get back to us sooner lol
On the call, Dr. Gibbs said MSTP is meeting very soon. I have no idea what that means tho. 1/2 of the way there at least!

Just got the WL email 😭 Way to ruin my weekend

• Care
i got a call from california that i missed, i hope they’re not making calls on the weekend lol

i got a call from california that i missed, i hope they’re not making calls on the weekend lol

Previous posters said they were *67 the calls (anonymous) so might not be something to fret over.

Congrats to those who have been accepted! And good luck to those on the waitlist or still waiting. Feel free to PM if you have questions about attending or decisions. Will be slow to reply because it’s a busy time, but happy to chat as someone who’s been here pre, during, and (presumably) post covid.

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
When do yall think the next A wave is going to be?
I wouldn't be surprised if they're going to abandon their "3 release dates" plan and just do a bunch of small, frequent announcements (like every week or two). It also seems, unlike previous years, they're going more chronologically in terms of when people interviewed, and that we're currently sitting in early December.

Edit: For the 2nd part, I mean in terms of first-pass As. There will almost certainly be WL movement, just later in the cycle.

hopefully Dec 9 ppl will hear back next week. brace for impact boyos

I interviewed in Jan! When does KH come out?
KH releases an update around noon PST this Wednesday, 2/3/21. At that time you’ll learn either that you are no longer in consideration, or that you’re one of ~150 finalists interviewing in early March

Anyone know if Stanford likes letters of intent or updates if we're on the WL?

So basically if you are a finalist does that mean you're into stanford med already? if you haven't gotten a A yet ?

Does everyone get a post interview door dash credit?

I previously was concerned about being overlooked, but got mine a little over a week after interviewing. Almost panicked as I thought it was an R 😂

• Haha
So basically if you are a finalist does that mean you're into stanford med already? if you haven't gotten a A yet ?
Technically no, they are separate. Being a KH finalist doesn't mean you have gotten or will by default get an A. But historically I think there's been a pretty high (80+%) acceptance rate for KH finalists across the many different degree programs to which they've applied.