2020-2021 Pacific Northwest University of Health Sciences (PNWU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Ditto to all comments about

Congrats! Good to see the cycle in motion after a long summer. PNWU is the only school I have yet to hear anything from.
When did you submit you're primary Voppp? Trying to put my feelers out.
PNWU is the only school that’s been mostly silent for me too haha. Uh i sent mine on day 1, so May 5th.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Application complete on the portal, but still waiting. No communication from them.

Managed to get a hold of their office over phone. The "past due" status is nothing to worry about on our end, its a indication that they are behind their planned schedule due to the pandemic. If they find issues with our apps we'll get a personalized email, if not they are still processing it. Stay strong everyone!

Reactions: 4 users
Just received email today " PNWU-COM has received your supplemental application ". I don't have the MCAT score yet, but they said they'll continue to process them but need the MCAT to matriculate. Hopefully this is a good indicator of my app moving forward haha. Will give ya'll a heads-up.

Just received email today " PNWU-COM has received your supplemental application ". I don't have the MCAT score yet, but they said they'll continue to process them but need the MCAT to matriculate. Hopefully this is a good indicator of my app moving forward haha. Will give ya'll a heads-up.
+1

Do you know if this means we can still be considered for an interview pending MCAT? Or it’s more like a “hey you’re on hold until aacomas gets your score” kinda deal?

+1

Do you know if this means we can still be considered for an interview pending MCAT? Or it’s more like a “hey you’re on hold until aacomas gets your score” kinda deal?

I think so - I HOPE so. I think they're just telling us that they can't offer a spot if we do get accepted.

I think so - I HOPE so. I think they're just telling us that they can't offer a spot if we do get accepted.
Admissions just confirmed YES! If all else qualifies for an interview [the rest of our app], we will get it without the MCAT!

Edit: we just need an MCAT prior to starting next year if accepted lol, forgot to put this part

Reactions: 2 users
Admissions just confirmed YES! If all else qualifies for an interview [the rest of our app], we will get it without the MCAT!

Edit: we just need an MCAT prior to starting next year if accepted lol, forgot to put this part
Thank you for the confirmation! Haha

Members don't see this ad :)
Does a secondary from here mean anything? As in is it a good sign, or does everyone receive it? I saw that chart early on and am not sure if that is the number of secondaries they send out or if it means the number they receive. If the former, it seems they are quite selective in terms of who they send out secondaries to. Just wondering :)

Does a secondary from here mean anything? As in is it a good sign, or does everyone receive it? I saw that chart early on and am not sure if that is the number of secondaries they send out or if it means the number they receive. If the former, it seems they are quite selective in terms of who they send out secondaries to. Just wondering :)
I believe there were some applicants who were denied pre-secondary. So I guess it a good sign :)

Reactions: 4 users
Submitted secondary 7/21. Email today (8/18) informing me that I’m complete(for anyone keeping track).

Reactions: 1 users
Submitted secondary 7/21. Email today (8/18) informing me that I’m complete(for anyone keeping track).

When did you submit primary and then receive secondary? I still haven't gotten my secondary from them

Does your stats/experiences/PS align with the school? They screen each primary individually and holistically

My stats are a bit high if anything, I would assume my experiences and PS would be a good fit but you never know I suppose

My stats are a bit high if anything, I would assume my experiences and PS would be a good fit but you never know I suppose
Give it more time or reach out via email. They are very prompt with responses

Give it more time or reach out via email. They are very prompt with responses

I did apply on the later side of things (I wanna say 7/14 or so?), so I was trying to get a gauge on how long other people took to get their 2" before i worried about it lol

I did apply on the later side of things (I wanna say 7/14 or so?), so I was trying to get a gauge on how long other people took to get their 2" before i worried about it lol
I received my secondary approximately 4-5 weeks after submitting my primary (waiting to be verified). I think I submitted June 20-something

But I received my secondary invite July 21 and submitted within a couples days and received the complete email August 13.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: 2 users
Um, my application indicates that I'm missing all of my letter of reccomendations and there is a due date for them? I'm really confused...my school submitted a committee letter and I was told that since the physician letter and all professor reccs were in them I'd be okay so I don't understand. Anyone in a similar situation?

Um, my application indicates that I'm missing all of my letter of reccomendations and there is a due date for them? I'm really confused...my school submitted a committee letter and I was told that since the physician letter and all professor reccs were in them I'd be okay so I don't understand. Anyone in a similar situation?
They're slow rn. It's on them, not you. Mines the same and I've been submitted since 5/5/20.

7/20! Later than I had initially thought, my sense of time has been so warped by the anxiety of waiting to hear back from schools :rofl:
Hmmm. I was verified the same day. I hope my secondary isn't far behind yours! This one and UIW are the only ones I'm waiting for at this point.

Hmmm. I was verified the same day. I hope my secondary isn't far behind yours! This one and UIW are the only ones I'm waiting for at this point.
Don't know if this help but I submitted to this school on 7/28 and received secondary 8/4. I feel like they aren't doing things in order possibly.

Also received secondary yesterday, one essay w/ a one-page required answer. They used a service for payment/essay submission that didn't verify if it was submitted once I was done, strange, - it just kind of closed the screen- hoping it was submitted successfully? No email verification either.

I like to know for certain they got everything, looks like I'll just have to go on faith until I hear back (or don't) from them. Did anyone else experience this?

Last edited:
Also received secondary yesterday, one essay w/ a one-page required answer. They used a service for payment/essay submission that didn't verify if it was submitted - it just kind of closed the screen- hoping it was submitted successfully?
Wait a sec, so that website link with the checklist wasn’t considered their secondary?

Wait a sec, so that website link with the checklist wasn’t considered their secondary?
Checklist? Do you have a link?
The page I saw asked for basic information - name, Bday, SSN, race/ethnicity, etc. Then you submit that, make the payment, and it directs you to upload your one page essay. That was it.

It was through a service called PowerCampus by Ellucian. Hope I didn't just get scammed :confused::)

Checklist? Do you have a link?
The page I saw asked for basic information - name, Bday, SSN, race/ethnicity, etc. Then you submit that, make the payment, and it directs you to upload your one page essay. That was it.

It was through a service called PowerCampus by Ellucian. Hope I didn't just get scammed :confused::)
Okay lol nope we are talking about the same thing haha. That service gives you login credentials right?

Update: I really need to pay more attention. This was also in the secondary/supplemental email:
" Once your completed supplemental application is received, you will be emailed a user name and temporary password for Self-Service where you may monitor your application status and any missing documents. This will be your confirmation that your supplemental has been received as the system does not send a confirmation otherwise."

Okay lol nope we are talking about the same thing haha. That service gives you login credentials right?
Thank god lol
Umm, no credentials, their email stated they would send me a login/password once they got my sec. app and that would also serve as verification

Thank god lol
Umm, no credentials, their email stated they would send me a login/password once they got my sec. app and that would also serve as verification
Yeah okay then that’s what I was thinking of lol

The “portal” used to submit the secondary essay and the payment is the same “portal” used to check the status. It’s the same site.

Hi guys!! I received my secondary like 9 days ago and since then I have been trying to get a fee waiver since I have one from AACOMAS but they are not answering my emails. I emailed twice! I called them twice and I get transferred to a lady who doesn't pick up the phone and I also left the message but no one got back to me. What should I do?

Hi guys!! I received my secondary like 9 days ago and since then I have been trying to get a fee waiver since I have one from AACOMAS but they are not answering my emails. I emailed twice! I called them twice and I get transferred to a lady who doesn't pick up the phone and I also left the message but no one got back to me. What should I do?
I got a fee waiver about two weeks ago. Remember that you have to pay and submit the secondary before you get a fee refund (not really a waiver at all). After you submit your secondary and pay, just wait for them to get back to you, they will.

Don't know if this help but I submitted to this school on 7/28 and received secondary 8/4. I feel like they aren't doing things in order possibly.
Thank you so much for letting me know this. It prompted me to call today and there was a hold on my app I easily cleared up. I really appreciate your letting me know!

I got a fee waiver about two weeks ago. Remember that you have to pay and submit the secondary before you get a fee refund (not really a waiver at all). After you submit your secondary and pay, just wait for them to get back to you, they will.

Hey, thanks for responding. I understand what you are saying but everywhere in their email and on their website it says the secondary fee is non-refundable. Will they really refund my fee afterward if I show them the fee waiver?

Hey, thanks for responding. I understand what you are saying but everywhere in their email and on their website it says the secondary fee is non-refundable. Will they really refund my fee afterward if I show them the fee waiver?
That's what I did. Here is the confirmation:

Also, from their website: "If you have been approved for a fee waiver, you will need to pay the fee first to submit your supplemental application. Once payment has been received the refund will be processed, usually complete within a two-week period."

Attachments

• PNWU_fee_waiver_email.png
    PNWU_fee_waiver_email.png
    213.2 KB · Views: 89
Finally got my complete email a month after submitting my secondary lol

Finally also just got my complete email. Way too long to get that one.

Reactions: 1 users
Did the “pending” under the status disappear after your letters were past the due date for anyone else? I understand they’re a little behind so I’m okay with that was just wondering why the pending disappeared

I finally got my secondary! Question for those that have already written their essay: is this one page single spaced or one page double spaced? Since they don't specify, I'm concerned about whether I'm writing too much/ not enough.