2020-2021 Pacific Northwest University of Health Sciences (PNWU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
about how long did it take for everyone to get a secondary from PNWU? Submitted my primary here on 7/21

Members don't see this ad.

about how long did it take for everyone to get a secondary from PNWU? Submitted my primary here on 7/21

Don't remember when I submitted the primary but just checked my email and the dates for secondary are as follows:

July 17: PNWU received AACOMAS and informed I will receive portal link within two days. Able to submit secondary though without username/password credentials.
July 20: Email received thanking for submission of secondary
July 21: Self-service account login credentials emailed to me [username and password]
July 27: All LORs marked "complete" on portal

Reactions: 1 users
3rd ROOMATE WANTED, First month FREE

$279/mo.

University Parkway Apartments are located next to PNWU in Terrace Heights Yakima with a secured walkway between the property and the campus. Lush green grass surrounds the landscape of the beautifully furnished, spacious, dwellings. This is private a 3rd floor unit situated with its balcony overlooking the field behind the onsite fitness center. Ample parking is available on the apartment property. Apartments feature all new appliances, washer and dryer in unit, air conditioning, nearly 1300sq. ft .of living space and 100sq ft. deck. Hypoallergenic pets okay with ESA letter.

About us:

The current tenants are first and second year students at PNWU College of Medicine who like to keep a tidy space. The second year student spends most of their time studying on campus and primarily keeps to them self when at the apartment. They don’t keep a car at school is often at home in the Seattle area on weekends. Their delightful sense of humor encompasses a brooding wit that will keep you entertained in conversation. The first year student is an excellent chef, creating cuisine of Italy from witch they hail. Exceptionally kind and positive, you will have an instant friend and personal trainer in OMS1. I have been known to harass both into imbibing cocktails with me on several occasions to which they are a good sport. Overall both are clean, friendly, and easygoing.

Ideal Roommate:

Either an incoming MAMS, OMS1, or OMS2 student that is clean and easy to get along with are key. If you have any questions or feel like you fit the bill please reach out and tell us about yourself.

Text: 206-715-7927

Members don't see this ad :)
3rd ROOMATE WANTED, First month FREE

$279/mo.

University Parkway Apartments are located next to PNWU in Terrace Heights Yakima with a secured walkway between the property and the campus. Lush green grass surrounds the landscape of the beautifully furnished, spacious, dwellings. This is private a 3rd floor unit situated with its balcony overlooking the field behind the onsite fitness center. Ample parking is available on the apartment property. Apartments feature all new appliances, washer and dryer in unit, air conditioning, nearly 1300sq. ft .of living space and 100sq ft. deck. Hypoallergenic pets okay with ESA letter.

About us:

The current tenants are first and second year students at PNWU College of Medicine who like to keep a tidy space. The second year student spends most of their time studying on campus and primarily keeps to them self when at the apartment. They don’t keep a car at school is often at home in the Seattle area on weekends. Their delightful sense of humor encompasses a brooding wit that will keep you entertained in conversation. The first year student is an excellent chef, creating cuisine of Italy from witch they hail. Exceptionally kind and positive, you will have an instant friend and personal trainer in OMS1. I have been known to harass both into imbibing cocktails with me on several occasions to which they are a good sport. Overall both are clean, friendly, and easygoing.

Ideal Roommate:

Either an incoming MAMS, OMS1, or OMS2 student that is clean and easy to get along with are key. If you have any questions or feel like you fit the bill please reach out and tell us about yourself.

Text: 206-715-7927

Hey Guys! I cannot login to my self service account. It said that either my username or password is wrong? I just emailed the admission office. Anyone have the same issues?

Submitted 7/10 and haven’t heard back from pnwu. I’m in state and my stats are good. Is it possible they are just reviewing apps slowly. Also will I be notified if I don’t receive a secondary?

Reactions: 1 user
Submitted 7/10 and haven’t heard back from pnwu. I’m in state and my stats are good. Is it possible they are just reviewing apps slowly. Also will I be notified if I don’t receive a secondary?
Yes, classes are starting for this year so they’re preparing OMS-1 for orientation and such. I would imagine they’re slower with admissions/secondaries since new students are priority right now.

I didn't hear from them either so I sent an email and they said they're working on processing thousands of applications so it'll take some time.

Don't remember when I submitted the primary but just checked my email and the dates for secondary are as follows:

July 17: PNWU received AACOMAS and informed I will receive portal link within two days. Able to submit secondary though without username/password credentials.
July 20: Email received thanking for submission of secondary
July 21: Self-service account login credentials emailed to me [username and password]
July 27: All LORs marked "complete" on portal
Hey! Just wanted to double check that we don't need to fill anything in specific out for the LORs right. We just sit back and let them do it manually?

Does anyone know if we need to take CAPSPer in order for our application to be considered complete?

Does anyone know if we need to take CAPSPer in order for our application to be considered complete?

I believe I saw they said you will need to take it if selected for an interview. But I had to take CASPER for a few other schools anyway, so I already sent it to PNWU

Members don't see this ad :)

Adjustments.jpg

This is from their website

I'm really glad to hear other people were also waiting quite a while to receive the secondary. My AACOMAS was transmitted on the 20th and I was flooded with secondaries after that point, but hadn't heard a thing from them. Thanks for beating me to the neurotic punch, lol!

Has anyone been able to get a hold of the admissions office? I tried to reach them by phone and email multiple times over a week and a half and they never responded about my fee waiver. I decided to just submit my secondary and hope for a refund then forgot to attach the essay before hitting finish. I just emailed them again with the essay attached asking if there's anything I can do to fix it myself when I get a username and password, or if I won't get a login because it might not show as complete.

Has anyone been able to get a hold of the admissions office? I tried to reach them by phone and email multiple times over a week and a half and they never responded about my fee waiver. I decided to just submit my secondary and hope for a refund then forgot to attach the essay before hitting finish. I just emailed them again with the essay attached asking if there's anything I can do to fix it myself when I get a username and password, or if I won't get a login because it might not show as complete.
As I understand it, they only refund after you pay, they don't waive the fee before you pay. You should be fine because sending in the essay by email is what they would have you do in that situation.

Hey guys, quick question. How long after you submitted your secondary did you get login information for the self-service portal?

Pre-secondary rejection :/ bummer.
Good luck guys!!

• Sad
Anyone else submit secondary 7/17 and still have rec letters listed as incomplete?

Reactions: 3 users
Anyone else submit secondary and still have rec letters listed as incomplete?

Anyone else submit secondary and still have rec letters listed as incomplete?

Yeah, mine took a little over 2 weeks. Submitted 07/17 and they were marked complete as of yesterday evening

Yeah, mine took a little over 2 weeks. Submitted 07/17 and they were marked complete as of yesterday evening
Just emailed the Adcom, they told me it is because they didn't access my app file, they will attach the letters by themselves when they review my app. Hope it helps!

IS and pre-secondary rejected just now :(

• Sad
Thank you for helping to quell my increasing neuroticism

Update: just got an email giving my credentials for Self Service Account!

I called the admission the other day. The lady on the phone said that it takes up to 2 weeks for LOR to be attached to your account. Just FYI in case anyone if wondering

Submitted my secondary today. Verified 6/27, secondary received 7/18. WA resident

A little over two week turnaround, but it's fine, right? (Kinda worried)

Submitted my secondary today. Verified 6/27, secondary received 7/18. WA resident

A little over two week turnaround, but it's fine, right? (Kinda worried)
I think you’re absolutely fine. I’ve had almost a month turn around time. Definitely not ideal, but life happens and I think that med school understand that. Congrats on secondary!

Last edited:
My letters of rec say "Past Due". This is just because they're behind schedule right?

Hi all. First post so forgive if I get the stats wrong. Just looking for feedback on WAMC. Submitting secondary today.
OOS Traditional
sGPA - 3.48 cGPA - 3.56 (final semester would boost both w/grad in December)
MCAT - 512 (128, 127, 128, 129)
MD Shadowing - 36 hrs + LOR
DO Shadowing - 0 (COVID)
Volunteer 200+ hrs
Research - 200+ hrs w/publication as secondary author

Hi all. First post so forgive if I get the stats wrong. Just looking for feedback on WAMC. Submitting secondary today.
OOS Traditional
sGPA - 3.48 cGPA - 3.56 (final semester would boost both w/grad in December)
MCAT - 512 (128, 127, 128, 129)
MD Shadowing - 36 hrs + LOR
DO Shadowing - 0 (COVID)
Volunteer 200+ hrs
Research - 200+ hrs w/publication as secondary author
For PNWU or in general? This might be the wrong area for either.

Sorry, I should have clarified. For PNWU. I don't have "strong ties" by the school's standards. But, I have lots of family (sister, aunts/uncles/cousins) in Seattle area and grandparents north of Spokane (on a ranch in very rural area near Usk and Cusick. I visit from VA at least once nearly every year.

Sorry, I should have clarified. For PNWU. I don't have "strong ties" by the school's standards. But, I have lots of family (sister, aunts/uncles/cousins) in Seattle area and grandparents north of Spokane (on a ranch in very rural area near Usk and Cusick. I visit from VA at least once nearly every year.
You're fine, just wanted to tailor my answer as best as possible! I would say your stats are phenomenal for PNWU or really any DO and quite a few MD schools. Your MCAT scores are better than mine and probably a substantial amount of other applicants. If anything, you might have to explain why you went DO vs MD, as I would personally encourage you to apply to MD (it saves $$ and gives you better opportunities later down the road). Otherwise, if your adamant about this particular school and the DO route for reasons XYZ I would prepare a good answer for that question.
As far as ties go, I know PNWU is pretty big on regional ties/applicants- as we don't have nearly the amount of medical schools in the NW region as you do in your region, and I would think it would have a minimal effect on you applying. BUT, I'm no expert, just an applicant like you. Good luck!

SEE: https://www.pnwu.edu/inside-pnwu/fast-facts

Last edited:
Does any one else have their LOR changed to "past due"? I assume they just haven't gotten to em yet but its a bit weird.

Haven't heard anything from PNWU, but AACOMAS was only verified on 7/20 so I'm probably decently far down the queue. Hard to not be neurotic lol

Does any one else have their LOR changed to "past due"? I assume they just haven't gotten to em yet but its a bit weird.

I emailed after the 2-week mark and they said they are just a little behind schedule and it’s nothing to worry about!

Reactions: 2 users
I sent them an email on Friday. Should I email again or wait. I wanna see if they actually got my secondary lol.
Dude which schools gave you an interview already!? Congrats btw!!!

Ditto to all comments about
Kcom
ICOM
LECOM Bradenton
RVU Colorado!

Thanks!!
Congrats! Good to see the cycle in motion after a long summer. PNWU is the only school I have yet to hear anything from.
When did you submit you're primary Voppp? Trying to put my feelers out.