2020-2021 Pacific Northwest University of Health Sciences (PNWU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Lol if and when you get any sort of reply, can you let me know please? I’ll do the same.

I’m going to wait until the ending of this week for a response before I contact again. (One full week)
I emailed them again lol tbis is like my 2nd fave school (behind ICOM) I’ll be annoying for y’all

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Okay so I just got an email from admissions on my school email, disconnected from my app, about my secondary lol. Wild.

Edit: It's an email confirming I sent it in and then I'll receive portal login stuff soon.

Reactions: 1 users
Okay so I just got an email from admissions on my school email, disconnected from my app, about my secondary lol. Wild.

Edit: It's an email confirming I sent it in and then I'll receive portal login stuff soon.

SAME EMAIL SAME TIME YOU POSTED YOUR MESSAGE!!!

I WANT THE PORTALLLL
Are you guys current MSU students?!?! I am and did not receive this email lol

Edit: omigod.... I thought I was in the MSUCOM file because my page did not refresh lolllllll
best of luck, guys!!! :)

Last edited:
Are you guys current MSU students?!?! I am and did not receive this email lol

Edit: omigod.... Ithought I was in the MSUCOM file because my page did not refresh lolllllll
best of luck, guys!!! :)
LOL No worries!

Hey, just got access to the account. Is anybody else showing that their LOR are missing in the checklist tab? I have 3 missing LOR...hmm. hopefully they just haven't pulled from AACOMAS

Hey, just got access to the account. Is anybody else showing that their LOR are missing in the checklist tab? I have 3 missing LOR...hmm. hopefully they just haven't pulled from AACOMAS
Yeah my portal shows no AACOMAS LORs. And they should just pull them like previous schools do. It might just take a bit.

In the email they sent last night they mentioned it can take up to 2 weeks to attach LOR’s but they are trying to move as fast as possible

Members don't see this ad :)
The portal is supposed to state "No Decision" right?

I am missing my three LORs on portal but they are on AACOMAS.

Did anyone else notice the LORs all have deadlines?

It stated that PNWU requested date was yesterday (the day I got the complete email) and the due date for all LORs from AACOMAS is August 4.

Did anyone else notice the LORs all have deadlines?

It stated that PNWU requested date was yesterday (the day I got the complete email) and the due date for all LORs from AACOMAS is August 4.

Where did you see the deadline?

Just checked and mine have the same deadlines

that's exactly two weeks from today, maybe that's when we'll be under review. Or, maybe the deadline is completely irrelevant and SDN has me going crazy lol, constantly looking through old posts etc

that's exactly two weeks from today, maybe that's when we'll be under review. Or, maybe the deadline is completely irrelevant and SDN has me going crazy lol, constantly looking through old posts etc

Maybe it’s their internal deadline for themselves lol since they said it can take up to two weeks to attach them to our apps

How are you guys formatting the essay?
I've seen many different formats from last year's post, but 12 font, Times New Roman, and double spaced seems to be the majority.

I've seen many different formats from last year's post, but 12 font, Times New Roman, and double spaced seems to be the majority.
I did like 1.5 pt spacing. I just wanted it to fill the page

Not going to lie, my essay last year when I applied was single spaced one page and I got an interview invite approximately 2 weeks after submitting it. I did do 12 point font and Times New Roman though.

Not going to lie, my essay last year when I applied was single spaced one page and I got an interview invite approximately 2 weeks after submitting it. I did do 12 point font and Times New Roman though.

Ok cool. Mine is single spaced and fills the page

Does this school look over the primary before sending out secondaries? I haven't received the secondary yet and I applied towards the beginning of June.

4th-year PNWU student here. Let me know if you guys have any specific questions that I can help with.
Thanks for offering to do this! I have a few questions.
1. This is less relevant in COVID times, but can you speak at all to student life in Yakima? Are there certain areas/neighborhoods that students live in, or is there on-campus housing?
2. I see from the website that there are clinical rotation sites all over the PNW. Do students get to choose where they go? Is it a lottery system? As a 4th year, how have your experiences on rotations been?

Is it okay to submit the essay as a PDF?
I did last year. I was told my an old business professor that the professional thing is to submit PDF files for applications, etc., since it looks more official when they recipient is unable to open a file in Word.

Thanks for offering to do this! I have a few questions.
1. This is less relevant in COVID times, but can you speak at all to student life in Yakima? Are there certain areas/neighborhoods that students live in, or is there on-campus housing?
2. I see from the website that there are clinical rotation sites all over the PNW. Do students get to choose where they go? Is it a lottery system? As a 4th year, how have your experiences on rotations been?

I am only starting this fall, but I can try to answer with my limited knowledge.

1. There is no on-campus housing, however many students live at the apartment complex right next to town, where PNWU is literally a short walk away and visible from the buildings. I cannot speak to life in Yakima though as I just moved here myself.

2. Again, I am nowhere near this part of my education, but I was told during my interview that they do someone like a point system. If you want to go to a certain location, you can gain points in your favor by certain things, like having lived in that town, having family in that area, etc. Those who are out of state and have less of the "criteria" to give them points have lower chances of getting to some of the more popular sites. That is not to say they can't. If anyone older can speak to this though for better information, please feel free to provide more clarification!

Portal changed to complete overnight.

All LORs completed and received last night.

Does anyone know if this school reviews/interviews with MCAT on file? My score is the only thing I am missing.

Did anyone receive a portal to view their status? I submitted my secondary over the weekend but haven’t received portal info

Did anyone receive a portal to view their status? I submitted my secondary over the weekend but haven’t received portal info

I think it takes 2 business days

Portal changed to complete overnight.

All LORs completed and received last night.

Does anyone know if this school reviews/interviews with MCAT on file? My score is the only thing I am missing.
When did you submit or get invited to do the secondary? Mine are still pending /:

When did you submit or get invited to do the secondary? Mine are still pending /:

Secondary portal link received July 20 and I think I submitted it either the same night or maybe within a day or two? I can’t remember.

But my LORs were all marked completed last night, July 27.

I submitted on 07/25 and have yet to receive the portal. I'll probably reach out if I don't get it by the 30th.

I submitted on 07/25 and have yet to receive the portal. I'll probably reach out if I don't get it by the 30th.
I’d give them time, they will probably get to you by the 7th. They are most likely swamped with applications, new student orientation, and the beginning of the semester.

How long did it take for you to receive a secondary?
Sorry for the delayed response. It took about 2 weeks after they started accepting applications. I got my secondary on the 10th of July and it was marked complete on the 16th. Got my interview invite at the end of the month. However, this was not in a COVID world, so I suspect that things are very different now.