2020-2021 Ohio University Heritage College of Osteopathic Medicine (OU-HCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Are you considering a dual degree ? If you are then it has to be Athens I believe. When I applied, I picked Athens because I thought the main campus would have more resources, but after the interview I realized they were all very similar as in resources/support across all three campus. Athen is more rural and more of a college environment in my opinion. I think it just depends on if you would like to live closer/further from home.

Are you sure if this is true for the DO/MPH program? or only the PhD?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
How are people entering working as an EMT/other clinical experiences under clinical experiences?

Members don't see this ad :)
Got the complete email today. Submitted letters 3 weeks ago on 7/22. OOS

They must be going through a batch today. Submitted secondary on 8/04, complete today 8/11. In-state.

My f-ng letters haven't been uploaded and I submitted everything almost a month ago...

Members don't see this ad :)
Are you all who are still waiting IS or OOS? Just curious if that might matter

I'm OOS. Submitted primary in mid-June, secondary within days of receiving it (too lazy to look up the exact dates though).

What is TCC?
They have this special program that’s like a fast track to family medicine. You have to commit to family medicine, but you only have 3 years of medical school vs 4 and you are guaranteed a spot in the residency program at either Cleveland Clinic in Lakewood or Akron. They said something about after reviewing my secondary it seemed like something I would be a fit for/be interested in. It’s super competitive, want to say maybe 8 spots? It’s considered separate from the Cleveland/Dublin/Athens cycle from what I was reading. You would interview for the TCC then if you don’t get in you still can interview with OUHCOM from what I read.

Reactions: 1 user
Congrats on being considered for the expedited track @ackerman824 !! What kinda stats are you working with, if you don't mind sharing?

They have this special program that’s like a fast track to family medicine. You have to commit to family medicine, but you only have 3 years of medical school vs 4 and you are guaranteed a spot in the residency program at either Cleveland Clinic in Lakewood or Akron. They said something about after reviewing my secondary it seemed like something I would be a fit for/be interested in. It’s super competitive, want to say maybe 8 spots? It’s considered separate from the Cleveland/Dublin/Athens cycle from what I was reading. You would interview for the TCC then if you don’t get in you still can interview with OUHCOM from what I read.
Thanks for the info and congrats! Second the request for stats if you dont mind sharing because of being invited, just curious.

Congrats on being considered for the expedited track @ackerman824 !! What kinda stats are you working with, if you don't mind sharing?

Idk if it really has to do with stats for that. It seemed more based on wanting to work in Northeast Ohio type of thing? I’m a native and want to stay/work in Cleveland once I’m done. Stats are honestly right in line with their averages not too bad, but not super amazing ‍

Idk if it really has to do with stats for that. It seemed more based on wanting to work in Northeast Ohio type of thing? I’m a native and want to stay/work in Cleveland once I’m done. Stats are honestly right in line with their averages not too bad, but not super amazing ‍
Thank you! And good luck!

Just completed the TCC supplemental application. Took a lot longer than expected.

update: I emailed admissions and they said there doesn't necessarily need to be a difference in the essays, they just want candidates to explain why they want to attend that campus or some type of connection they have to attend that campus.

Hi! Just for some clarification: the essay prompt does not ask explicitly why we want to attend the campus, it asks how we want to impact our community around the campus. seems weirdly worded, but are people going about this by talking about why they want that specific campus, for personal reasons outside of the essay prompt?

How's everyone's letter situation looking? Submitted my secondary on 7/5 and my letters still aren't checked off...

How's everyone's letter situation looking? Submitted my secondary on 7/5 and my letters still aren't checked off...
Same. I'd recommend not emailing them about it haha I did and they seemed pretty irritated with my asking.

• Sad
Same. I'd recommend not emailing them about it haha I did and they seemed pretty irritated with my asking.

Yup that's what happened when I hit the 3.5 week mark... like I take "couple weeks," as they said, to be like 2 weeks. But now I'm getting nervous.

• Care
I submitted my secondary on 8/04 and was verified 8/11 with all my letters checked off. I am in-state. Did you use AACOMAS for your letters. I think its weird how some people have been waiting so long. I havent heard anything since being complete though.

I think they're just prioritizing in-state over OOS tbh. Seems like in-state people have been checked off. I'm OOS and have been waiting a long time as well.

I submitted my secondary on 8/04 and was verified 8/11 with all my letters checked off. I am in-state. Did you use AACOMAS for your letters. I think its weird how some people have been waiting so long. I havent heard anything since being complete though.

I'm OOS (you all might be on to something there), and I used AACOMAS. They're definitely attached to my application, so I guess they'll get checked off when they get checked off.

I'm definitely seeing a pattern @let-me-take-my-mcat :( IS given priority over OOS. I'm in your boat too w/ the LoRs not checked off yet <3

Reactions: 1 users
I’m OOS and had my letters checked off the day after I emailed them... I waited till my letters were at 3.5 weeks. I’m from a bordering state so idk if that means anything either

I’m OOS and had my letters checked off the day after I emailed them... I waited till my letters were at 3.5 weeks. I’m from a bordering state so idk if that means anything either
Don't tell us that!! We're neurotic enough as it is *Pulls hair out in frustration*

They are super nice, if you email them about your letters, they normally get them checked off pretty quickly.

I do we know if OH reaches 80% of that year? Do they announce to all OOS acceptance?
I don't have the answer to that question, I would assume they inform you once they reach the goal. According to the current admission staff, they have no problem hitting the percentage every year.

They are super nice, if you email them about your letters, they normally get them checked off pretty quickly.
Emailed them yesterday after submitting my secondary on 7/15 and basically said "Please be patient" but I got an email today saying my app was complete so I guess it worked

Emailed them yesterday after submitting my secondary on 7/15 and basically said "Please be patient" but I got an email today saying my app was complete so I guess it worked

Instate or OOS? Pretty much same timeline except my email hasn't led to anything.

Neighboring state or super far out? Anyways, what does it take for some transparency? Jesus christ.
I have high doubt that neighboring state changes anything. It's either in or out lol

Complete email today, 8/25. Submitted secondary on 8/16. Hopefully they wait for my updated MCAT (took 8/14) before they reaaally review me!