2020-2021 Mayo Clinic (Alix), Minnesota

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got on hold! Mind blowing I didn't get a straight R (complete first week August)

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
+1 hold, also curious what a hold means for Mayo

Members don't see this ad :)
Hold. Probably a soft R. good luck to everyone who got IIs!

I'm also curious if this is a universal mayo hold or mn/az specific? Seems universal but last year it looked like people reported holds at one and IIs at the other?

II for the 2+2 MN/FL track! Complete 8/4.
Just curious - does anyone know if we're bound to this track, or is there an option later for switching?

Reactions: 1 users
I'm also curious if this is a universal mayo hold or mn/az specific? Seems universal but last year it looked like people reported holds at one and IIs at the other?

I'm another applicant so I have no definitive answer, but I would wager that this is likely more of a universal hold especially since the secondary application was unified this year instead of Mayo sending distinct secondary applications. Just a gut feeling without any evidence though lol.

II for the 2+2 MN/FL track! Complete 8/4.
Just curious - does anyone know if we're bound to this track, or is there an option later for switching?
Congrats! I'm not sure if you're able to switch but I'm curious, was the 2+2 MN/FL option your first choice when you submitted the secondary?

Do they send actual rejections at some point or is this it?

They send actual rejections.

I applied last year, was put on hold for something like a month, and then got a rejection.

They don't do rolling admissions, so it's pretty slim chances if you don't get a first round II.

Reactions: 5 users
Congrats! I'm not sure if you're able to switch but I'm curious, was the 2+2 MN/FL option your first choice when you submitted the secondary?

Yup it was! (MN 4 year was my 2nd choice)
I'm not sure if I would want to switch actually, but just curious to see if we had the option.

Members don't see this ad :)
Wish they had a date for the latest apps reviewed placed on hold

I applied last year, was put on hold for something like a month, and then got a rejection.

They don't do rolling admissions, so it's pretty slim chances if you don't get a first round II.

Do you know if you're allowed to send an update after being on hold?

So if you heard nothing then what?

I am wondering this as well, since we know that Mayo doesn't do rolling admissions and my understanding is that these II's/holds go out in bulk.

I am wondering this as well, since we know that Mayo doesn't do rolling admissions and my understanding is that these II's/holds go out in bulk.
Well it prolly means we’re still in the game riggt? These go out Untill December form what I know

Well it prolly means we’re still in the game riggt? These go out Untill December form what I know

True, but I wouldn't think that they would leave a bunch of people with just no response. I would think that, if they are considering you in the coming months but don't want to give you an invite yet, they'd just put you on hold.

I also completed before some of the II's here, so timing of submission isn't an issue.

Maybe they don't send the emails literally all at once and we'll get one later today?

Coincidentally, I woke up to an email from Mayo today and got really excited for a second before I realized that it was just asking me to reset my password because it was expiring.

True, but I wouldn't think that they would leave a bunch of people with just no response. I would think that, if they are considering you in the coming months but don't want to give you an invite yet, they'd just put you on hold.

I also completed before some of the II's here, so timing of submission isn't an issue.

Maybe they don't send the emails literally all at once and we'll get one later today?
Was definitely wondering this too. Complete on 7/23 so definitely curious to see if I'll get that hold email soon (or an II if I'm lucky haha!)

So I guess this is what I get for saying "hold the mayo" on my sandwiches

• Haha

Coincidentally, I woke up to an email from Mayo today and got really excited for a second before I realized that it was just asking me to reset my password because it was expiring.
nah fam, my buddy got an II last year and she aploied in august but didn't get the II till late oct. Never placed on hold.

Any news for anyone complete mid- to late-August?

Did anyone look at last year's thread to see if many people got II's after holds? Trying to make sure it's a soft R before I accept the L. I saw @PatchAdamsWannabe said one person did but wasn't sure if anyone else knew anything.

nah fam, my buddy got an II last year and she aploied in august but didn't get the II till late oct. Never placed on hold.

This is good to know.

Also could be that we're just going to get a flat R without a hold. Has anyone gotten one of those yet?

Last year's thread seems like a Mayo hold is an actual hold and not necessarily a soft R as in Drexel. For those of us who got nothing...it also looks like II/hold waves came out with a few days in between them last year too

Reactions: 2 users
@Sterlinyx You're feeding me hope my man so you're telling me there's a legitimate chance? How many people did you see catch IIs?

@Sterlinyx You're feeding me hope my man so you're telling me there's a legitimate chance? How many people did you see catch IIs?

I'm just quickly browsing through since there are so many pages but someone mentioned 3 pre-II holds turned to IIs in 2018-2019's thread and I just saw one on the 2019-2020 thread on page 8 so I'm guessing there're more down the thread too

It looks like a lot of the holds are for high stat applicants. It probably just means they haven't moved on to peasant applications like mine yet. I fully expect to join the Hold/R ranks soon, lol.

• Haha
Reactions: 13 users
It looks like a lot of the holds are for high stat applicants. It probably just means they haven't moved on to peasant applications like mine yet. I fully expect to join the Hold/R ranks soon, lol.

We have practically the same LM so...see you in a few days lol

This is like the Boston University massacre all over again

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users
The silence is killing me rn. Like will there be another wave and we're saved for that? Or are they waiting to reject us. Agh.

Can you clarify your last point? Why would it be slim chances for admission if you don't receive the first II that they send out?