2020-2021 Johns Hopkins

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey guys, MSTP here. I submitted my app on 7/29 and my last rec letter came in 8/9. However, I forgot to upload my photo until today. Is my application delayed because of this? Thanks!
In the same boat now unfortunately. Did you end up finding out?

Yikes I'm emailing the admissions office just in case, thank you!

Have you heard back from the admissions office? I jus realize that my photo uploaded but I didn't click "done uploading" :(

Members don't see this ad :)
For those who interviewed already, did you receive any response to Thank you notes/updates that you sent to Admissions office email provided to us

For those who interviewed already, did you receive any response to Thank you notes/updates that you sent to Admissions office email provided to us
I received an email confirming that my note would be passed along, but I'm not expecting anything from my interviewer.

Reactions: 1 user
anyone know which secondary complete dates / interview dates they're on here?

Holy dear sweet !@#$, II just now! Complete 7/22, OOS.

• Love
Reactions: 13 users
Members don't see this ad :)
II! Absolutely absurd. OOS, Submitted 7/16 not sure when complete.

Reactions: 9 users
Just got the complete email after submitting my secondary on 9/7. Did anyone else take that long? I have a feeling its because I never hit the I have finished uploading documents part of the secondary form after uploading the photo until like a few days ago FML

I also got mine today but I submitted like.. yesterday. I get a feeling that since they were doing IIs today that they cleared their backlog of complete applications?

Does not having a complete email mean I am not complete? Submitted 8/2. Everything on portal says finished, but I can't find communication history and I don't see any old complete emails in my inbox.
I would suggest contacting admissions office to make sure it will be reviewed.

Does not having a complete email mean I am not complete? Submitted 8/2. Everything on portal says finished, but I can't find communication history and I don't see any old complete emails in my inbox.

Yeah the their portal is on the simple side and I dont think there is a communication history (but dont quote me on that). The complete email made it sound like they were just forwarding the application for review FWIW

For anyone who has interviewed so far, 2 quick questions:
1) What is the dress code for the Wednesday night "greeters" thing?
2) Do they tell you in advance who your interviewers are?

For anyone who has interviewed so far, 2 quick questions:
1) What is the dress code for the Wednesday night "greeters" thing?
2) Do they tell you in advance who your interviewers are?

Greeters thing is completely casual :) Wear whatever!

They don't tell you who your interviewers are in advance, but I think they try to match them to your interests (my student interviewer had a similar gap year background to mine, my faculty was part of the specialty I talked about in my secondary)

It's a pretty laid back interview day, try not to stress too much!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Would any of those who have been invited to interview be kind enough to share with me the exact e-mail address you received the interview invite from? I had trouble receiving the link to access the secondary application because the emails kept getting “dropped,” so I want to make sure the same thing doesn’t happen with a possible interview invite email. Thank you!

Would any of those who have been invited to interview be kind enough to share with me the exact e-mail address you received the interview invite from? I had trouble receiving the link to access the secondary application because the emails kept getting “dropped,” so I want to make sure the same thing doesn’t happen with a possible interview invite email. Thank you!
It looks like it came from the same address as the secondary invite? Just an automated email, not a specific Hopkins email.

It looks like it came from the same address as the secondary invite? Just an automated email, not a specific Hopkins email.
I didn’t receive the secondary invite directly. Someone in admissions had to send it to me because the emails were being dropped and I wasn’t getting them. Where did your interview invite come from?

I didn’t receive the secondary invite directly. Someone in admissions had to send it to me because the emails were being dropped and I wasn’t getting them. Where did your interview invite come from?
It was just a generic donotreply type email address. I don't want to share the specific info on here and your profile doesn't allow private messages. If you had trouble getting the secondary, it comes from the same address so you'd likely have trouble getting the invite. I'd reach out to the admissions office and let them know about the issue and ask if they could send you the invite directly if they plan to send you one.

Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine <[email protected]> via sendgrid.me

To anyone who has interviewed, did the interviews take the full hour? Just trying to mentally prepare for what to expect, and also see if I'll have time to grab a snack/run to the bathroom in between two time slots or not lol.

• Haha
To anyone who has interviewed, did the interviews take the full hour? Just trying to mentally prepare for what to expect, and also see if I'll have time to grab a snack/run to the bathroom in between two time slots or not lol.

I think it varies - mine both took the full hour with no break between, but a friend of mine had their interviewers stick closer to half an hour. Some other applicants in the waiting room were around 45 minutes. Either way though I think you should be able to finesse a snack/potty break as needed :)

I think it varies - mine both took the full hour with no break between, but a friend of mine had their interviewers stick closer to half an hour. Some other applicants in the waiting room were around 45 minutes. Either way though I think you should be able to finesse a snack/potty break as needed :)
Thanks!! Stupidly booked my interviews right before and after the student panel so no breaks haha.

How far is Hopkins on reviewing applications? Have they started sending IIs to people who submitted their secondary in August?

7/19 secondary - total silence so far!!!!

Reactions: 4 users
People who already interviewed, how was the experience (were you grilled or was it chill) Really nervous for my upcoming interview

People who already interviewed, how was the experience (were you grilled or was it chill) Really nervous for my upcoming interview
I had mine this week and found it really wonderful. Loved the greeters program on Wednesday. My interviews were reasonably chill, more thematic than grilling, but definitely be prepared for some random questions (not hard ones, just the kind that make you pause for a second).

I had mine this week and found it really wonderful. Loved the greeters program on Wednesday. My interviews were reasonably chill, more thematic than grilling, but definitely be prepared for some random questions (not hard ones, just the kind that make you pause for a second).
When were you complete with your secondary?

Alright, officially trying to manifest an ii :lol: but really...please

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
how long after submitting secondary (or i guess getting the "complete" email) does it usually take to hear about potential II?

how long after submitting secondary (or i guess getting the "complete" email) does it usually take to hear about potential II?
Anywhere from one day to 6 months.

Honestly, theres no way of predicting

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 2 users
I heard if you are a high stats applicant and didn't receive an II within 30 days of completion your odds are very low. Again these are all speculations so don't put too much into it.

• Haha
I heard if you are a high stats applicant and didn't receive an II within 30 days of completion your odds are very low. Again these are all speculations so don't put too much into it.

idk if the advice you heard was JHU specific or what, but I am a high stat applicant and just started hearing back from schools I was complete at back in July haha, I think this cycle especially is very weird and no one really knows what's going on

Reactions: 10 users
idk if the advice you heard was JHU specific or what, but I am a high stat applicant and just started hearing back from schools I was complete at back in July haha, I think this cycle especially is very weird and no one really knows what's going on
+1

Reactions: 3 users
It's based on my N=1 current cycle applicant :)

It's based on my N=1 current cycle applicant :)
And who doesn't love n=1??? :cool:

The crazy thing is that the person who posted the question has been posting on all the relevant individual school threads, has received what looks like a few IIs, and seems to know damn well what the relationship is between submitting secondaries and IIs, so it's really not clear what the point of the question is! For those who are wondering, the answer is, IIs come when they come, unless they don't. :cool:

Last edited:
And who doesn't love n=1??? :cool:

The crazy thing is that the person who posted the question has been posting on all the relevant individual school threads, has received what looks like a few IIs, and seems to know damn well what the relationship is between submitting secondaries and IIs, so it's really not clear what the point of the question is! For those who are wondering, the answer is, IIs come when they come, unless they don't. :cool:
I agree, there is no pattern for these IIs and my recommendation is don't waste time asking for completion date and stats. I am keeping track of 3 high stats applicants and did find any pattern so far.