2019-2020 Johns Hopkins

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone hear from MSTP?

Rumor has it (aka one of my friends went thru the old acceptance threads and I have not verified their claims) that we might not hear until january at the earliest :(

Members don't see this ad.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user
Rumor has it (aka one of my friends went thru the old acceptance threads and I have not verified their claims) that we might not hear until january at the earliest :(
Not gonna lie, this made me infinitely sad

• Sad
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if Hopkins gives merit aid? and if they do, when that is released?

Also, do we ask Valerie for our interviewers’ contact info for thank-you’s?
I emailed two thank you notes in pdf form addressed to my interviewers to Valerie. She takes care of making sure your interviewers receive them.

• Love
Lol survived the R wave..... until now :( congrats to all this accepted!!!! (Pre-II R, MSTP)

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 4 users
Withdrew my A here :) Hope it goes to one of you guys! I did get into one of my top 3 today :) I still think JHU is amazing!

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 9 users
Withdrew my A here :) Hope it goes to one of you guys! I did get into one of my top 3 today :) I still think JHU is amazing!
Thanks, but I found out from a little bird that it’s in Baltimore. Have you heard? :p

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 8 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks! Can I ask how you know? Are you a current student?

Also does that mean second look starts on Thursday evening (the 16th)?

Yep, current student here! We just got the save the date today - based on last year it will probably start with an evening event on the 16th and a small breakfast ending on the 19th, but Friday the 17th and Saturday the 18th are the main days.

what's with these notions that you'll get mugged or something at Hopkins?

night before the interview I got lost trying to find Ekiben, ended up in the hood, but felt absolutely safe and confident in myself

you princesses need to take a chill pill

what's with these notions that you'll get mugged or something at Hopkins?

night before the interview I got lost trying to find Ekiben, ended up in the hood, but felt absolutely safe and confident in myself

you princesses need to take a chill pill
9197_Pepe_YIKES.png

Apparently, there was a small wave of interview invites in January last cycle.
I hope that happens again this year... fingers crossed

Reactions: 3 users
I guess the MSTP decisions are gonna come in January.... sad faces

I knew they were meeting in December, I guess I just hoped they'd be quicker with the calls.

Anyone know when in January the next round of decisions will be?

Does anyone know when people who interviewed in mid November will hear back? I vaguely remember the office saying that there are 3 interview waves and ours would be Mid February, can anyone confirm?

Does anyone know when people who interviewed in mid November will hear back? I vaguely remember the office saying that there are 3 interview waves and ours would be Mid February, can anyone confirm?
I believe they said decisions would be released in early February when I interviewed in late November.

Does anybody know if people waitlisted for first release date could get in on second release date? Like should I be busting booty to write an update letter or can I chill a sec

• Haha
  • Dislike
Reactions: 1 users
Does anybody know if people waitlisted for first release date could get in on second release date? Like should I be busting booty to write an update letter or can I chill a sec

Not sure if it is the same bc I'm on the alternate list but my email said "You will receive further correspondence from us when we have completed the remainder of our interviews"... so you can probably wait.

What do you mean by “busting booty”

• Haha
  • Hmm
Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know when the last interview day is? Thanks!

Interview invite today at 9:13 am. Secondary complete on 8/14. Available dates are 2/6, 2/7, 2/13, 2/14. Currently discerning if I should attend or withdraw application.

Reactions: 5 users
Does anyone know where we are supposed to send letters of update/intent to?

Do we think the next decision wave will be next week? Or the week after....

@tardigrade88 Welp another week of endless panic. I should find a new hobby...

The website says decision letters for the MSTP will be mailed out by mid-February. I personally would not be expecting to hear anything until February 15.

The website says decision letters for the MSTP will be mailed out by mid-February. I personally would not be expecting to hear anything until February 15.

When I was at the interview, the administrative director said there would be a winter and spring decision release. So the committee was meeting in December to decide the first half of interviews.

idk maybe they decided to wait...

When I was at the interview, the administrative director said there would be a winter and spring decision release. So the committee was meeting in December to decide the first half of interviews.

idk maybe they decided to wait...

They didn't say anything like this at my interview, but they did say they planned to send acceptances in one batch (though I don't remember if they said when). It might be that they decided on a set of people to accept but held off on sending those acceptances until interviewing a later group?

Edit: I'm talking about MSTP admissions, not MD.

Last edited:
  • Wow
They didn't say anything like this at my interview, but they did say they planned to send acceptances in one batch (though I don't remember if they said when). It might be that they decided on a set of people to accept but held off on sending those acceptances until interviewing a later group?

They said nothing at all at mine, but if that's the case (which seems unusual compared to the last few years but who knows) then we shouldn't expect to hear until mid-feb. RIP in peace.

• Wow
Do we think the next decision wave will be next week? Or the week after....
I'd put money on this week. It lines up with when previous years' decisions have been released. Anyway, here's to hoping this is the last week of waiting !

• Wow
Financial Aid submission question: anyone else confused by the "scholarship application" requested in IDOC? I don't see that form anywhere on the school's website
Yeah, I was a bit confused too.
Filled it out anyway, it was super quick.

Yeah, I was a bit confused too.
Filled it out anyway, it was super quick.
do we think the sports question is just referring to college athletes? Or would you include high school? I can't tell if they are just trying to get to know us or if there's some special student-athlete scholarship. For instance, they ask about hobbies at the end, and I have no idea how that could be in reference to a particular scholarship.