2020-2021 Idaho College of Osteopathic Medicine (ICOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Maltese :D

Super tiny with a lot of attitude lol

I f-ing LOVE malteses! I'm such a tiny dog person (except I have a cat... I guess I'm also a cat person...). Tiny with lots of attitude is the best combo in a dog, never a dull moment. Also sorry for barging into this conversation, I just really love animals haha.

I submitted my primary here on 7/2 and still haven't received a secondary if that makes anyone feel better! and sent my MCAT score to AACOMAS today, not sure how long it takes though.

I submitted my primary here on 7/2 and still haven't received a secondary if that makes anyone feel better! and sent my MCAT score to AACOMAS today, not sure how long it takes though.
Should take only 2-3 days!

I f-ing LOVE malteses! I'm such a tiny dog person (except I have a cat... I guess I'm also a cat person...). Tiny with lots of attitude is the best combo in a dog, never a dull moment. Also sorry for barging into this conversation, I just really love animals haha.

Haha, you're good.

She has a wardrobe of about 100+ dresses, shirts, swimwear, jackets, etc. And she wears pajamas and socks and hats and a matching bow for every outfit lol

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
Haha, you're good.

She has a wardrobe of about 100+ dresses, shirts, swimwear, jackets, etc. And she wears pajamas and socks and hats and a matching bow for every outfit lol

That's amazing. I'm trying to get my cat to wear a harness so we can take her outside. We rescued her from a shelter, so no idea if she used to be an indoor/outdoor cat (although she was previously front declawed so I hope her old owners didn't let her outside), but she's verrryyy spoiled so I don't want her outside unleashed in case she gets away, cause I don't think she has very good survival skills haha.

Last year's thread became an animal and pet thread so I figured if we did the same, we could invoke the IIs.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys I just got this update
“We have completed the final review of your application and are excited to let you know you have moved into the interview stage of the application cycle. We will begin virtual interviews in mid to late August and will continue through the Fall semester. Communication regarding these interviews will be sent out in the coming weeks.”

Anyone else get this email? And does this mean I got an interview?

Reactions: 2 users
IT WORKED!
1595366221413.png

Hey what if we all go to the same school and our pets become friends too?

Also @mdclowncar congrats! I can't imagine that means they didn't give you an II.

“We have completed the final review of your application and are excited to let you know you have moved into the interview stage of the application cycle. We will begin virtual interviews in mid to late August and will continue through the Fall semester. Communication regarding these interviews will be sent out in the coming weeks.”

YES that's an II!

Just got this email as well! I interpreted it as an II

Congrats! Now if they could please send me my secondary I'd appreciate it.

Me and you both!!! Actually super interested in this school and it would be perfect region for my partner as well. ICOM please send me a secondary

Me and you both!!! Actually super interested in this school and it would be perfect region for my partner as well. ICOM please send me a secondary

I should've just submitted ICOM's primary with the rest of my primaries, but I was still undecided about if I wanted to apply, so I didn't end up submitting my primary there until 7/2.

That's amazing. I'm trying to get my cat to wear a harness so we can take her outside. We rescued her from a shelter, so no idea if she used to be an indoor/outdoor cat (although she was previously front declawed so I hope her old owners didn't let her outside), but she's verrryyy spoiled so I don't want her outside unleashed in case she gets away, cause I don't think she has very good survival skills haha.
BTW! I love your name and your profile pic!

Are you in-region? What makes ICOM your first choice? Super pumped for you!
I'm actually about as far as you can get from Idaho hahah. I have family in the area, love Idaho with a passion and the people at the school, the building itself, and the local area has been so amazing.

I'm actually about as far as you can get from Idaho hahah. I have family in the area, love Idaho with a passion and the people at the school, the building itself, and the local area has been so amazing.

I’m from florida... I’m far far too lol

Also I emailed someone at ICOM's admissions and it is confirmed an II, or like pre-II acknowledgement you're getting the interview!

BTW! I love your name and your profile pic!

Hahahaha thank you!!! Joined SDN at the height of the pandemic, was really focused on the fact that my MCAT got cancelled. Finally took it on 6/20, and since then several people have mentioned it's too bad I can't change my username, hence the profile pic lol. Figured I should let people know I'm no longer MCAT-less.

Oh wow that's cool! I'm sure all of that will be big bonus points with the ADCOMS.

Oh wow that's cool! I'm sure all of that will be big bonus points with the ADCOMS.
My secondary was probably way longer than it should have been, but then again maybe they shouldn't have given me a "why ICOM" prompt with no word limit LOL

• Haha
My secondary was probably way longer than it should have been, but then again maybe they shouldn't have given me a "why ICOM" prompt with no word limit LOL

Honestly I feel like schools that don't give a max word limit don't care so much about having to read a lot -like, they genuinely want to read your responses. I'm sure they appreciated the enthusiasm.

Honestly I feel like schools that don't give a max word limit don't care so much about having to read a lot -like, they genuinely want to read your responses. I'm sure they appreciated the enthusiasm.
i have dreamt about this school for over a year. I’m probably super annoying to them at this point hahahah. Plus boise has some amazing food and culture.

Hello, I do not want to re-litigate the whole situation that happened on the first page of this thread, but can anyone give me more insight into pros/cons of this program? When writing my secondaries I did not include anything related to the school (more stuff related to location). Thanks in advance

Hahahaha thank you!!! Joined SDN at the height of the pandemic, was really focused on the fact that my MCAT got cancelled. Finally took it on 6/20, and since then several people have mentioned it's too bad I can't change my username, hence the profile pic lol. Figured I should let people know I'm no longer MCAT-less.
You can change your username, FYI.

Do they interview in waves or do you think they sent the interview out to everyone they wanted to in general? I applied early in the cycle but my stats aren't as good as average

Hello, I do not want to re-litigate the whole situation that happened on the first page of this thread, but can anyone give me more insight into pros/cons of this program? When writing my secondaries I did not include anything related to the school (more stuff related to location). Thanks in advance
Sure!

Pros: Idaho is a big area with lots of need for physicians, both in terms of primary and specialities. It's great for people who like wilderness and rural medicine. Boise and Meridian area is gorgeous and tbh the people at the school are some of the best I've spoken/had meetings with. The building is gorgeous and brand new. Fully Apple oriented.

Cons: It's new, no COMLEX scores yet. Big issue for a lot of people, but know that COMLEX is a mainly self-study exam anyways and from students I've spoken to, they feel like they're being prepped well. Another issue is no accreditation as of 2020, they're expecting it in 2021 but this means for right now, there's not government loans and thus no debt relief programs available.

It's a risk going to a new school, but if you love the area and the people and feel at home there, that's kinda the point of the first 2 years.

Do they interview in waves or do you think they sent the interview out to everyone they wanted to in general? I applied early in the cycle but my stats aren't as good as average
Not sure. Could be in waves. They're rolling admissions so that's more likely.

Doubtful, personally, I've been super communicative with the admissions people, so that might have helped them move me along. They're not strict with stats.

Thanks for letting me know! I wonder if there's anything I can email them to make things move along haha

Sure!

Pros: Idaho is a big area with lots of need for physicians, both in terms of primary and specialities. It's great for people who like wilderness and rural medicine. Boise and Meridian area is gorgeous and tbh the people at the school are some of the best I've spoken/had meetings with. The building is gorgeous and brand new. Fully Apple oriented.

Cons: It's new, no COMLEX scores yet. Big issue for a lot of people, but know that COMLEX is a mainly self-study exam anyways and from students I've spoken to, they feel like they're being prepped well. Another issue is no accreditation as of 2020, they're expecting it in 2021 but this means for right now, there's not government loans and thus no debt relief programs available.

It's a risk going to a new school, but if you love the area and the people and feel at home there, that's kinda the point of the first 2 years.
Thank you. It is unfortunate that we cannot go there in person to interview. I feel for some programs (ICOM in particular) being there makes all the difference and can make up for the cons