2020-2021 Idaho College of Osteopathic Medicine (ICOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just received an email stating they "prefer to make a decision regarding [my] candidacy once [my] planned MCAT score has been received". Taking the MCAT August 8, so my app will be placed on hold until they get my scores.

I got this email too. Others have gotten their secondaries even without having taken the MCAT through... Do you think this is because they have a super high GPA? Mine isn't anything crazy good so I am wondering that is the reason for getting that email.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I got this email too. Others have gotten their secondaries even without having taken the MCAT through... Do you think this is because they have a super high GPA? Mine isn't anything crazy good so I am wondering that is the reason for getting that email.
I got my secondary without MCAT, sGPA is 3.77

Reactions: 1 user
How long did it take everyone to get verified on AACOMAS and for ICOM to receive/review apps?

I submitted my AACOMAS June 29 and I am anxiously awaiting any sort of update lol

Members don't see this ad :)
How long did it take everyone to get verified on AACOMAS and for ICOM to receive/review apps?

I submitted my AACOMAS June 29 and I am anxiously awaiting any sort of update lol

hi! it took 6 days for my aacomas to be verified---submited 6/24

No idea but I noticed that others who haven't taken the MCAT received secondaries too. My GPA is pretty good but I'm a nontrad so I'm a bit more complicated than your average applicant I think haha

Just received email that the AdCom wants my MCAT retake score before making any further decisions :/

I still haven't heard from their initial "we've received your application" email, and I got that on 7/2. Should I email them and be like "hi did you forget about me?"

Just received email that the AdCom wants my MCAT retake score before making any further decisions :/

If you don’t mind me asking, what was your score? I also have a low MCAT score so I feel ya

My email said:

Thank you for finishing your secondary application. We have received all of your required documents to move your application to final review. This process can take a few weeks, but the Admissions team will inform you via email when a final application review has been completed.

Before I even took my MCAT, I updated the ADCOM with notice that my MCAT was completed a few days back.

If you don’t mind me asking, what was your score? I also have a low MCAT score so I feel ya
I took the MCAT twice already and both scores were sub 500 but I kinda did worse on the retake exam so totally my fault and literally why I'm a reapplicant....The first score was *** FYI!

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone hear anything recently? I saw last years IIs were out mid August.

I haven't even heard anything since they initially received my application (14 days ago).
The last thing I recieved was
1594749809431.png

this 2 weeks ago today. UGH. Dream school plz don't leave me hanging.

Yeah they haven't even sent me a secondary yet. I think they recommend an sGPA above 3.2, but I don't think it's a hard requirement right (I'm 3.18)? That's the only thing I can think of.

Yeah they haven't even sent me a secondary yet. I think they recommend an sGPA above 3.2, but I don't think it's a hard requirement right (I'm 3.18)? That's the only thing I can think of.
Maybe? But you have your MCAT too, and afaik it’s higher than mine. Really weird. I have a good connection With the school and adcoms but that shouldn’t mean much.

Maybe? But you have your MCAT too, and afaik it’s higher than mine. Really weird. I have a good connection With the school and adcoms but that shouldn’t mean much.

I was thinking my MCAT could balance out my GPA since it's like a standard deviation above the average -but Campbell was very strict on their GPA mins. I'm starting to wonder if there's something in my personal statement that's getting me held up everywhere...

I was thinking my MCAT could balance out my GPA since it's like a standard deviation above the average -but Campbell was very strict on their GPA mins. I'm starting to wonder if there's something in my personal statement that's getting me held up everywhere...
Idk, I don't think I wrote a stellar work of art by any means

Idk, I don't think I wrote a stellar work of art by any means

Let's just say there's one sentence in there that was a bit risky -very vulnerable/raw, but 100% is why I want to be a doctor- and no one that read my ps (a former adcom, my premed advisor, a bunch of professors) thought it was a bad idea. I obviously decided to go for it, but I'm now wondering if I shouldn't have.

Let's just say there's one sentence in there that was a bit risky -very vulnerable/raw, but 100% is why I want to be a doctor- and no one that read my ps (a former adcom, my premed advisor, a bunch of professors) thought it was a bad idea. I obviously decided to go for it, but I'm now wondering if I shouldn't have.

I don't think it's going to be an issue, but I have no idea what adcoms look for.

I only received my primary received email July 6 but it feels like an eternity since then

ICOM show some love with anything

Idaho not showing me any love, not sure why. Do they have residency preference?

Maybe ADCOMS took a break*** (sorry type lol) to prepare for the incoming class since they’re starting soon.

Last edited:
Maybe ADCOMS took a bring to prepare for the incoming class since they’re starting soon.

That's a good point. I forgot orientation is starting soon at most schools. I'm dying to hear something from LECOM and get my secondary from ICOM.

FWIW I got my secondary only a few days ago after complete silence. I didn't call or email them, it just showed up alongside with an email requesting my citizenship documents. My guess is that they're doing it by batches?

FWIW I got my secondary only a few days ago after complete silence. I didn't call or email them, it just showed up alongside with an email requesting my citizenship documents. My guess is that they're doing it by batches?

Maybe yeah. It's only been a little over 2 weeks for me -feels like forever though! Just gotta be patient I guess.

Maybe yeah. It's only been a little over 2 weeks for me -feels like forever though! Just gotta be patient I guess.
As a reapplicant I can tell you this will be a loooooooong run, you really have to learn how to relax and maybe shift away from sdn lol best of luck mate

As a reapplicant I can tell you this will be a loooooooong run, you really have to learn how to relax and maybe shift away from sdn lol best of luck mate

SDN became my alarm clock honestly. Can’t start the day or end the night without checking.

And ICOM only received my AACOMAS July 6 so I’m just being anxious lol

same here

Hey guys! I submitted my primary June 26th and got the email that it will take 2-4 weeks for them to review it. Do you guys think I should send in an email if I do not get my secondary once the 4 week mark hits?
Tbh, they're taking a long, long time to move thru this process. I submitted my primary on 5/5 and got the secondary on like 6/29 or something. I wouldn't worry if it takes 4 weeks, but maybe send an update.

I say, since we haven’t heard anything in weeks, we try what last years thread did and send pet photos to summon IIs. I’ll start:

this is Fiona, my corgi!

Attachments

• 85D99535-76CC-4F0A-ADF6-E801F53F4F7D.jpeg
    85D99535-76CC-4F0A-ADF6-E801F53F4F7D.jpeg
    75 KB · Views: 107
  • Haha
  • Love
I say, since we haven’t heard anything in weeks, we try what last years thread did and send pet photos to summon IIs. I’ll start:

this is Fiona, my corgi!

Soooo cute! Mine is a total princess lol, she has her own instagram account and models for her insurance company haha