2020-2021 Howard

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey I didn't get a confirmation email after submitting secondary/fee -did anyone else get a payment confirmation?

Finally submitted 8/2

Reactions: 1 user
Y’all are lucky. I’m still waiting for AMCAS to review my app

Do you have to complete the CASPer before you get an invite to interview?

I don’t see anything in my secondary portal about submitting ACT/SAT. Is it because I already have an MCAT score?

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm hoping to get some info on this at the next First Friday! I'm curious too!

Anyone else attending the First Friday for the first time virtually? What do they do/what can we expect?

bumping. I got a registration emailand it says it’s going to be on Zoom do we have to turn our cameras on/look presentable or is it webinar style?

bumping. I got a registration emailand it says it’s going to be on Zoom do we have to turn our cameras on/look presentable or is it webinar style?
also planning to attend! was wondering the same thing

FYI they do screen, and I don't think you will get a secondary if you score below 494. You don't have to have your CASPer complete to receive the secondary, though.

Darn, almost. Well in the meantime, if you haven't already, you could pre-write so that once you do receive it, you can submit ASAP.

Darn, almost. Well in the meantime, if you haven't already, you could pre-write so that once you do receive it, you can submit ASAP.

do they actually accept people at 494, or is that just the minimum they will consider?

do they actually accept people at 494, or is that just the minimum they will consider?
That's a question only the admissions committee knows lol. But they are holistic and mission driven, so if you like them then go for it. You won't know unless you try.

The prompt states "in 250 words or less" however they give us a 3000 character limit. Did you guys try to stay around 250 words or did you use all 3000 characters?

The prompt states "in 250 words or less" however they give us a 3000 character limit. Did you guys try to stay around 250 words or did you use all 3000 characters?
I stayed within 250 words.

I would stay with the written instructions.

Everything can count against you during this process lol

Reactions: 1 users
hey...just wanted to put this out there that this is my third time applying and I interview and was waitlisted last year. If anyone has any questions about this oh so wonderful process, I would be happy to answer in any questions that I can. Good Luck!!! :)

Reactions: 2 users
hey...just wanted to put this out there that this is my third time applying and I interview and was waitlisted last year. If anyone has any questions about this oh so wonderful process, I would be happy to answer in any questions that I can. Good Luck!!! :)

did they tell you why you were waitlisted?

how long from your secondary submission did you get an II?

What was your interview experience like?

for people who got a confirmation/under review email, how long did that take from the day you submitted your secondary app?

for people who got a confirmation/under review email, how long did that take from the day you submitted your secondary app?
I submitted 7/23 and received the complete/under review email on 7/31.

It was very cool and very relaxed. Not very stressful

+1

I interviewed in late February. Very nice interview with two great faculty members. Biggest thing is to apply early, I added Howard late in the game (October or November) and got an II in January, but they’re usually a full class by then. Normally though, there’s a lot of WL movement but everything constricted bc of COVID and not that many people turned down their acceptance.

I got the the e-mail the day after I submitted (8/2)

can any current Howard students or anyone else applying direct me to some of the student activities and community engagement Howard has? I've searched their medical school website but haven't found anything, unless I'm just missing it? found it on the undergrad site but not otherwise

can any current Howard students or anyone else applying direct me to some of the student activities and community engagement Howard has? I've searched their medical school website but haven't found anything, unless I'm just missing it? found it on the undergrad site but not otherwise
The students run a clinic called the Freemen’s Clinic

Did you get the email today? It had a PDF with a list of instructions, including wearing business casual, having video on, plain background, etc.

Does anyone know how long the open house is tomorrow?

In the secondary email it says:

Open House Format:

12:00 - 12:45 p.m.
Admissions information and Q & A

12:45 - 1:30 p.m.
Virtual tour of HUCM

THERE WILL BE NO INDIVIDUAL ADVISEMENT AFTER THE OPEN HOUSE

Did you get the email today? It had a PDF with a list of instructions, including wearing business casual, having video on, plain background, etc.

I just did! Thank you!!!

In the secondary email it says:

Open House Format:

12:00 - 12:45 p.m.
Admissions information and Q & A

12:45 - 1:30 p.m.
Virtual tour of HUCM

THERE WILL BE NO INDIVIDUAL ADVISEMENT AFTER THE OPEN HOUSE
This however was not in the email! LOL. An hour and a half?! Whew.

anyone write only a few sentences for question 2? nearly my entire primary is evidence of my interest in working with underserved populations so I was just going to state my goal, where, and specialty interest in like two sentences. is this way too short? I was very thorough in 1 & 3. these questions just overlap so much :rolleyes:

anyone write only a few sentences for question 2? nearly my entire primary is evidence of my interest in working with underserved populations so I was just going to state my goal, where, and specialty interest in like two sentences. is this way too short? I was very thorough in 1 & 3. these questions just overlap so much :rolleyes:

I feel you but I would write a few more sentences. You should be able to talk at length about it, especially for this school.
Lol find new ways to say the same things!

Reactions: 2 users