2020-2021 Howard

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
ACT score are we serious howard. I took that 7 years ago

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
In the link they have sent for the secondary, it is taking me to another school's website where I have already completed a secondary for. Is this happening with anyone else?

Reactions: 1 user
In the link they have sent for the secondary, it is taking me to another school's website where I have already completed a secondary for. Is this happening with anyone else?
This happened for me with other schools. Log out from that school exit the browser and reopen and try to HU link again

Members don't see this ad :)
I would like to just go ahead and claim my seat in the HU COM 2025 class well in advance. Hallelujah and amen!

Reactions: 9 users
Hey guys, I don't know about everyone else, but I got an email that said "Please visit your Howard University College of Medicine Regular M.D. program Applicant Gateway" with a link, but when I pressed the link it takes me to an application portal for a secondary from a different school?? Maybe they're using the same gateway, but like I can't see Howard's Secondary Questions. Is anyone else having this issue?
This happened for me with other schools. Log out from that school exit the browser and reopen and try to HU link again

Hi Everyone! To anyone who has received a secondary invitation -- would you mind posting the prompts?! Thank you!!!!

Is the word count the same for essays? 250 words or less?

Members don't see this ad :)

If anyone else has this issue and only has one browser downloaded, just clear your cookies and you should be fine. I had this issue with multiple schools as well. Using the gateway link must be hot this cycle.

Does anyone know if secondaries are being sent to those pending mcat?

Also, secondary essay(s) prompt(s) anyone?

Does anyone know if secondaries are being sent to those pending mcat?

Also, secondary essay(s) prompt(s) anyone?
I took the mcat once before but still have a pending date on my AMCAS, I'm not sure about those who are first time test takers. The prompts are the same as last years!

• Have you lived (for three years or more) in communities which are medically underserved, or where the majority of the population is economically and/or educationally disadvantaged?
  • After residency, do you plan to practice medicine in an underserved or disadvantaged community?
  • Have you worked (volunteer or paid employment) with medically underserved, economically disadvantaged and/or educationally disadvantaged populations?
  • Please provide below any additional information you believe is important in evaluating your application (e.g. additional coursework, problems with academic record; disadvantaged, etc.)

Are they asking y'all to self-report ACT or do they want an official score report?

IDK which is worse. Waiting for the secondary or waiting for the II.

Reactions: 2 users
Secondary questions and word counts look exactly the same as last year as far as I can tell!

Regarding the SAT, "Please respond providing your total score on the 400-1600 scale or the 200-800 scale depending on whether you took the old SATs......."What do you do when they were out of 2400 in my time.... (when did it even change back to 1600.......)? Do you just add the Math & Critical Reading scores?

Secondary received!

Reactions: 1 users
Bless Howard for the prerequisite selection tool haha

No essays it seems like, ya'll better submit ASAP!
No secondary essays?? I already had mine drafted :( So what exactly are they asking for this year? Please elaborate!

what prerequisite selection tool?
They havean interactive, digital version of your transcript uploaded and you can just click and choose the prereqs, rather than having to refer to your transcript and type it out.

They havean interactive, digital version of your transcript uploaded and you can just click and choose the prereqs, rather than having to refer to your transcript and type it out.
That’s so cool, Where is this?

I have an aunt who did her residency at Howard. Do y’all think I should include this?

Anybody know when they typically send out interviews?
I'm hoping to get some info on this at the next First Friday! I'm curious too!

Anyone else attending the First Friday for the first time virtually? What do they do/what can we expect?

Reactions: 2 users
lol @ me ..

*completes pre-written howard secondary prompts by 7/10*

me (7/30): oh no everyone is receiving their secondaries, why haven't i?

*check amcas medical school list and realize i forgot to add the school*

me: *faceplants on desk*

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Does anyone have any information for the first Friday, in terms of how we can join?