2020-2021 Howard

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone get an interview with a MCAT score below 500?????
From the First Friday Event, the admission said they would take sub 500 but you would need a high GPA to offset the low mcat. In my case, I have a 501 mcat and trash gpa soooo I'm out of luck since I'm low on both end lol.

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
From the First Friday Event, the admission said they would take sub 500 but you would need a high GPA to offset the low mcat. In my case, I have a 501 mcat and trash gpa soooo I'm out of luck since I'm low on both end lol.
Whats considered high by their standards? 3.5+?

Got waitlisted this morning! Interviewed feb 24.

Reactions: 1 users
And, when was the last time someone got an A, and when did they interview? Thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
If they haven’t review your application by now you’ve essentially been rejected right?

If they haven’t review your application by now you’ve essentially been rejected right?
I guess you could also make the argument that if they've reviewed you, and you haven't heard anything, then they just don't want to bother with you (ex. myself). It's hard to tell. We just know they interview until April.

I guess you could also make the argument that if they've reviewed you, and you haven't heard anything, then they just don't want to bother with you (ex. myself). It's hard to tell. We just know they interview until April.
What if you didn’t get a review notification?

Thanks but I wasn’t really asking for advice, just wondering if anyone got an interview with those stats because it does happen
I understand completely. I was just advising you to be in the 500's. It will open a lot of doors for you.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey guys! I submitted my secondary application end of august and I still haven't heard back about an interview. YOu guys think I should give up on Howard? My stats: 508 mcat 3.85 GPA.

Hey guys! I submitted my secondary application end of august and I still haven't heard back about an interview. YOu guys think I should give up on Howard? My stats: 508 mcat 3.85 GPA.
I wish we knew if they are still sending out IIs or not. I’m in a similar position as you. I hope we find out soon. Best of luck!!!

Congrats! Fingers crossed for you. Did anyone else receive waitlist notification recently?
I haven’t yet and I interviewed on Feb 10. I emailed them because I was suppose to hear back by March 5th. They said that they’ve gotten a little behind but will hopefully notify soon.

Bro you serious? Cause that don’t make no sense.

Complete silence from this school. At this point? Is it a silent rejection?

I don’t know if this affecting any communication but when I emailed earlier this week I was informed that they are on “spring break” until the March 15th. I don’t know if this is affecting admissions and how often they meet during this time.

Bro this is not real. Your trolling.
This is a HBCU so if he/she doesn't meet their mission then it's no surprise they get the silent treatment even with good stats.

Reactions: 5 users
This is a HBCU so if he/she doesn't meet their mission then it's no surprise they get the silent treatment even with good stats.
Not necessarily I have things that meet their mission 3.5 gpa 513 MCAT and I also have heard nothing. It just happens. We have no idea why adcom does what they do

If they're going to send me an R can they just do it already 😥

Reactions: 12 users
Man, I volunteer and work in underserved communities. Still nothing. You can meet their mission statement, have the stats, and whatever else. There is obviously a matter of other factors as well. And apparently, I don’t meet them

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Just received my first interview invite of the cycle! 😭 These are the dates that are still available:

INTERVIEW DATES AVAILABLE:

Interview date (#1) 03/30/21 (1 more slot)
Interview date (#2) 04/06/21 (10 more slots)
Interview date (#3) 04/07/21 (10 more slots)

SO THERE IS STILL HOPE GUYS.

My stats are a 512 MCAT, and above 3.0 GPA (undergrad was 3.5 cumulative, grad was 3.0). Secondary was submitted 11 August, CASPer results were out 23 September, and I received the "Application Reviewed" email 18 February.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Care
Reactions: 37 users
Just received my first interview invite of the cycle! 😭 These are the dates that are still available:

Damn still?

My stats are a 512 MCAT, and above 3.0 GPA (undergrad was 3.5 cumulative, grad was 3.0). Secondary was submitted 11 August, CASPer complete 23 September, and I received the "Application Reviewed" email 18 February.
Congrats!

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Damn still?
Yeah! They mentioned at the last First Friday that they were holding off on issuing the more invites till they reviewed the last 32 applications; they must've finally completed that. 😲

Yeah! They mentioned at the last First Friday that they were holding off on issuing the more invites till they reviewed the last 32 applications; they must've finally completed that. 😲
Wow that's good then, congrats and good luck!

• Love