2019-2020 Western University of Health Sciences (Lebanon, Oregon)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I was placed on the alternate list as well. Does anyone know how many people they usually accept from the alternate list?
Yesterday also? Judging from last years thread it seems like they’re very receptive to LOIs and pull a fair amount of people off it, idk how many though for sure.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted this morning! Top choice!! I'm over the moon!

Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewed 12/7 and got an acceptance call on Tuesday, so excited!

Reactions: 1 user
First choice- Interviewed 12/13 and placed on the alternate list today... yippee time to write a letter of intent and cross my fingers

• Sad
II less than an hour ago!! IS, complete 11/29. I am so excited!!!

Reactions: 1 users
Interview Invite today! Best Christmas present. Submitted 11/18
Only date available 1/25

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
+1

Only available dates were 01/25 and 02/15. February date was filled already. Super excited!!
Submitted 08/28. Completed 09/06.

Reactions: 2 users
Got an II here a couple of days ago but I turned it down. Good luck everyone! OOS LM 67 complete mid-August.

Paid both deposits already!! For sure going to this school. I’m moving from the midwest and trying to secure housing ASAP. If anyone wants to chat about rooming or just to talk before classes start, feel free to message me :) Can‘t wait to meet everyone!

Reactions: 3 users
Just a heads up, I know around this time last year I was super excited to start planning and meetIng my fellow students. The Facebook page for class of 2024 won’t be active for awhile, the school likes to have the majority of the class settled before they start it. Also, the apartments next to campus won’t even know if they will have availability till 3ish months before school starts.

I would call anytime now and see when they will start adding people to wait lists so you are ready to go when they start having openings.

Cascade Ridge is cheaper (the one a little further away but still walking distance) there apartments are first come first served, they don’t have a waiting list from what we found last year but as you get closer to summer you basically have to call everyday 3 ish months before school starts and see if they have any apartments available. The Lodges (one you can see from school) does have a waiting list but from what I remember the list gets pretty long pretty quick.

So if anyone has any questions over the next couple months feel free to reach out. Basically It is a waiting game until all the fun begins when FB group is opened and you can actually start finding a place later this spring.

Just a heads up, I know around this time last year I was super excited to start planning and meetIng my fellow students. The Facebook page for class of 2024 won’t be active for awhile, the school likes to have the majority of the class settled before they start it. Also, the apartments next to campus won’t even know if they will have availability till 3ish months before school starts.

I would call anytime now and see when they will start adding people to wait lists so you are ready to go when they start having openings.

Cascade Ridge is cheaper (the one a little further away but still walking distance) there apartments are first come first served, they don’t have a waiting list from what we found last year but as you get closer to summer you basically have to call everyday 3 ish months before school starts and see if they have any apartments available. The Lodges (one you can see from school) does have a waiting list but from what I remember the list gets pretty long pretty quick.

So if anyone has any questions over the next couple months feel free to reach out. Basically It is a waiting game until all the fun begins when FB group is opened and you can actually start finding a place later this spring.
so you're saying we should make a facebook if we don't currently have an account? :sorry:

so you're saying we should make a facebook if we don't currently have an account? :sorry:

I probably would. It’s the major way we all communicate throughout the year as well.

Put my 2nd deposit down this morning. Can't wait to meet y'all! @snowcrawler85 what's your opinion on living in Albany or Corvallis during 1st and 2nd year?

Put my 2nd deposit down this morning. Can't wait to meet y'all! @snowcrawler85 what's your opinion on living in Albany or Corvallis during 1st and 2nd year?

I would say about 5-10 people in the class live in Albany or Corvallis. Mandatory class is Monday, Tuesday afternoons and usually mornings/early afternoon fridays. Pretty often we have a mandatory chunk on Wednesday or Thursday as well. So if you’re comfortable driving to lebanon 3-4x a week it shouldn’t be an issue at all. Albany, I think is a little closer but Corvallis is more fun.

After having paid the deposits, about how long will it be until a school email is assigned? My portal still says "deposit due by x date".

After having paid the deposits, about how long will it be until a school email is assigned? My portal still says "deposit due by x date".

I got mine a week or two after my deposit was due. Being winter break campus is closed till Monday anyway. I would suspect most of that would be handled in January.

PS those interested in ISAC, last year they emailed info about applying to ISAC in March last year.

Got an email today saying I’m still under review. Complete late Oct. OOS Lizzy M 62.

II received !!! So excited !!!

Hey guys, despite loving Oregon I think I'm gonna give up my interview seat. Hope it goes to one of you all still pending!

MD vs DO? I have been accepted here, but I am curious if anyone selected DO over MD.

Last edited:
  • Dislike
It really depends on what you value. I wanted to stay close to home and be able to do rotations in Washington. Very few schools would allowed me to do that and Western is one of the established schools that would. Thus, if I didn’t get into my state school I probably would have

Think this is generally self explanatory.

MD vs DO? I have been accepted here, but I am curious if anyone selected DO over MD.
Personally I am choosing DO over MD due to the extra knowledge of OMM. I want to give my patient's the best possible treatment plans and having this could help one of my future patient's.

When I'm done with my prerequisites I'm hoping to get in here or Pacific Northwest University of Health Sciences College of Osteopathic Medicine !