2019-2020 University of Pikeville College of Osteopathic Medicine (UP-KYCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got a call for interview on 2/7. Any tips on how long the interview will be and what to expect?

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
First ii! Interviewing December 12. Was complete 10/20.

Also interviewing Thursday, Dec 12th! Although I am a little confused and a bit skeptical if there's an error because the confirmation email I received said it's a Friday interview. Also on their application portal under the Interview tab has only "Friday Interview Itinerary" and "Saturday Interview Itinerary." This is an excerpt of the email I received:

"This is to confirm that your interview date has been scheduled for 12/12/2019.
The interviews will take place in the Coal Building on the University of the Pikeville campus from 12:15 to approximately 5:00 PM for Friday interviews. Check-in begins at noon."

Please let me know if this is the same for you as well.

Reactions: 1 user
Also interviewing Thursday, Dec 12th! Although I am a little confused and a bit skeptical if there's an error because the confirmation email I received said it's a Friday interview. Also on their application portal under the Interview tab has only "Friday Interview Itinerary" and "Saturday Interview Itinerary." This is an excerpt of the email I received:

The interviews will take place in the Coal Building on the University of the Pikeville campus from 12:15 to approximately 5:00 PM for Friday interviews. Check-in begins at noon."

Just treat it as a Friday interview even though it’s on a Thursday

Yes it's an error treat it like a friday

Just got the Acceptance call. Interviewed 11/22.

Interviewing also for Dec 12th. Still confused though, do we attend on Thursday and Friday or Friday and Saturday? Also curious how anyone else is getting there, would love to carpool and split the cost of driving from the airport if anyone is interested esp since I dont have a license lol.

Interviewing also for Dec 12th. Still confused though, do we attend on Thursday and Friday or Friday and Saturday? Also curious how anyone else is getting there, would love to carpool and split the cost of driving from the airport if anyone is interested esp since I dont have a license lol.

PM me. It won't let me do it because of your settings.

Has anybody heard anything new about the class of 2024 facebook page?

i’m interviewing tomorrow as well, if anyone is down to link up this evening Holla

Members don't see this ad :)
First II, going on February 7th, if anyone else is trying to carpool from the airport let me know!

Just withdrew my acceptance. Pikeville is an absolutely beautiful place and I totally will be visiting in the near future!

Had my interview on Dec 13. My interview went great and was very very relaxed. They really want you to feel comfortable while you're there.

The school is nice and everyone in the city is super friendly. I arrived into town the afternoon before I was scheduled for my interview day to walk around the city. They are really trying to make the town into a tourist spot with little boutiques, distilleries, and activities to draw people in.

It is a small town though and I'm coming from a big city. I think having a solid group of friends will definitely solve any worries of being in a small town.

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know if they provide gym facilities for their students? I was going to ask but spaced it on my interview day!

Does anyone know if they provide gym facilities for their students? I was going to ask but spaced it on my interview day!
They have a school gym but I heard most students go to the ymca close by

Accepted from 12/12 interview

Just got the call of acceptance-Interviewed 12/13! Hoping for good news for everyone!

Accepted! Interviewed 12/13 as well

Accepted as well!! Interviewed Dec 13
My first acceptance :)

Got the call right after I got off from work! I was huffing and puffing on the call after chasing a bus. hope they like me still hahah!

2nd acceptance

Anyone had their application marked complete but is missing a requirement? I don't have my second science prof letter in yet they marked me complete and said that my app is under review... weird because this has happened at some other schools too

Update: maybe because that second prof is kinesiology? But I did research with him so maybe they just look at credentials when marking?

Last edited:
Got the call right after I got off from work! I was huffing and puffing on the call after chasing a bus. hope they like me still hahah!

2nd acceptance
Aww I saw you applied to MUCOM congratulations!! I also interviewed on Dec 12th...waiting patiently

for current students, has anyone received a scholarship through the disadvantaged status? and what was the avg amount if you have?

for current students, has anyone received a scholarship through the disadvantaged status? and what was the avg amount if you have?
second this^
also, are incoming students eligible to receive it?
School awards around 25 students each year. The amount is around 25k/year.
Besides being disadvantaged, you have to be academically strong also. So for the first year, the committees met to select people after receiving our first 3 block exam scores. So the decision usually comes out around early-mid November. Then you can adjust/cancel the loan amt however u want

School awards around 25 students each year. The amount is around 25k/year.
Besides being disadvantaged, you have to be academically strong also. So for the first year, the committees met to select people after receiving our first 3 block exam scores. So the decision usually comes out around early-mid November. Then you can adjust/cancel the loan amt however u want
okay thank you so much!

Does anyone have an estimate of how long it typically takes to hear back after an interview?

II today lol. For Feb 21st. Congrats to those accepted :)

I am scheduled to interview on Feb 7th and any tips that can share? Please PM if possible. Thank you.
interview was very laid back. you interview with one person, i think it's either a faculty or staff member, but it's pretty chill. my interview we just strayed off in talking about random stuff after he asked me a few questions on my app.

interview was very laid back. you interview with one person, i think it's either a faculty or staff member, but it's pretty chill. my interview we just strayed off in talking about random stuff after he asked me a few questions on my app.
I agree that the interview was very laid back. I did have a 2 on 1 interview, and I believe most others who interviewed with me did as well. It is an open interview and I was asked a few questions about grades and MCAT scores, but I did not feel attacked or caught off guard by any questions. I would recommend you know your application and just be yourself!

II today lol. For Feb 21st. Congrats to those accepted :)
What did you see on your interview tab? I also got an II this week but the first date available was 3/20 do you think its because someone might have canceled that you were able to get an earlier date? Thanks :)

h
What did you see on your interview tab? I also got an II this week but the first date available was 3/20 do you think its because someone might have canceled that you were able to get an earlier date? Thanks :)

hmmm I pulled up the interview page and the calendar appeared. And it had 2/21, 3/6, and 3/20 available and so on. So its possible that multiple people cancelled

Just putting another message in - current OMS-I here. If you have any questions, feel free to shoot me a PM.

Hi guys, I can't seem to find information on the interview format. Is it going to be just a traditional interview or will it have MMIs as well?

Hi guys, I can't seem to find information on the interview format. Is it going to be just a traditional interview or will it have MMIs as well?

Traditional interview, very laid back conversation. It is open file, so make sure you know your application.

Withdrew my interview! Hope it goes to one of you.