2019-2020 University of Pikeville College of Osteopathic Medicine (UP-KYCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Last year they started going out on July 25...so let’s hope we start hearing something soon
Fingers crossed!

Members don't see this ad.

Is the minimum MCAT requirement to get an II the same as for receiving a secondary application? Sadly my MCAT was below 498 and I received a secondary, but the rest of my application is good.
last year I received a secondary but was screened pre-interview... so

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everyone! I am an OMS-1 here at KYCOM and I wanted to offer my assistance with anything you may have questions about during the application cycle. Feel free to ask on this thread or shoot me a DM. Thanks!

Hey everyone! I am an OMS-1 here at KYCOM and I wanted to offer my assistance with anything you may have questions about during the application cycle. Feel free to ask on this thread or shoot me a DM. Thanks!
Stats? Always a good starting point lol. How do you feel about Pikeville? Where were you from?

Stats? Always a good starting point lol. How do you feel about Pikeville? Where were you from?

498 MCAT, 3.85 cGPA and 3.8 sGPA. Had a pretty solid research, shadowing and volunteering background but I believe my main asset on my application was my work experience in healthcare. I really enjoy Pikeville. I am from a small rural town in the Midwest so the adjustment wasn’t hard. Everyone in the town and staff have been beyond nice to the medical students.

Reactions: 1 users
498 MCAT, 3.85 cGPA and 3.8 sGPA. Had a pretty solid research, shadowing and volunteering background but I believe my main asset on my application was my work experience in healthcare. I really enjoy Pikeville. I am from a small rural town in the Midwest so the adjustment wasn’t hard. Everyone in the town and staff have been beyond nice to the medical students.
Do you know of anyone in your class who was accepted with an MCAT below 498?

I forgot to put the number of hours in the secondary essay. Is that bad? :nailbiting:

I forgot to put the number of hours in the secondary essay. Is that bad? :nailbiting:

It shouldn’t be a problem as long as you indicated the number of hours in the primary application.

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you know of anyone in your class who was accepted with an MCAT below 498?

Honestly I’m not sure. I would say that if your MCAT is <498 and/or GPA is <3.0, you should contact admissions prior to sending your primary in to make sure that you meet the requirements to receive a secondary. If you’re good on those fronts, make sure the rest of your application is strong and you submit your primary and secondary early!

Honestly I’m not sure. I would say that if your MCAT is <498 and/or GPA is <3.0, you should contact admissions prior to sending your primary in to make sure that you meet the requirements to receive a secondary. If you’re good on those fronts, make sure the rest of your application is strong and you submit your primary and secondary early!
This may be a stretch but do you know when they will start sending out interview invites?

Thanks! I have a great application and received a secondary, which I submitted a long time ago. I was just curious if they interview at less than 498.

Reactions: 1 user
This may be a stretch but do you know when they will start sending out interview invites?

I received my interview invitation last year in late July so I’m assuming that as long as everything is going according to plan there should be interview invitations rolling out soon.

Finally got a secondary this morning!

Edit: Submitted!

Have heard lots of good things about this school!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Do you know if there is a subsection minimum?
I'm gunna have to lean towards no. My SO had a 122 in CARS and she got accepted.

Funny story actually, she submitted her primary and didn't get a secondary for months! she finally called and they said the email for it must have never went through. So he sent it to her and said the review would be expedited. She finished it that day and got an II the next day.

• Wow
Do you know if
Finally got a secondary this morning!

Edit: Submitted!

Have heard lots of good things about this school!
would you mind sharing what youve heard? also randomly, do you know if theres a dog park in the citY?

I'm gunna have to lean towards no. My SO had a 122 in CARS and she got accepted.

Funny story actually, she submitted her primary and didn't get a secondary for months! she finally called and they said the email for it must have never went through. So he sent it to her and said the review would be expedited. She finished it that day and got an II the next day.
wow im glad she figured it out! I have a low CARS score too which is why I was asking. Was she in state and do you by chance know her total score?

wow im glad she figured it out! I have a low CARS score too which is why I was asking. Was she in state and do you by chance know her total score?
She was OOS and her total score was a 498

would you mind sharing what youve heard? also randomly, do you know if theres a dog park in the citY?
I've heard the town is nice (I am from a small town myself so I don't enjoy cities lol), the facilities i have heard are nice, they give you a computer (or iPad? i forget which one) and you get your own OMM table. And I'm not entirely sure (someone correct me if i am wrong) but I believe they give you medical equipment too. They have it on their website about how they give you all this good stuff.

Just got a complete email! Has anyone been reached out to yet regarding interviews?

Just got a complete email! Has anyone been reached out to yet regarding interviews?
I don’t think anyone has heard of interviews yet I read somewhere they don’t start sending them until late August apparently.

I don’t think anyone has heard of interviews yet I read somewhere they don’t start sending them until late August apparently.
The wait is on! Thanks for letting me know!

I just submitted my secondary and 3 seconds later got an email that my application is complete before I got the email that my secondary was submitted. Is this normal? Was it a glitch? It's weird my application was complete right after I sent my secondary in, right?

I just submitted my secondary and 3 seconds later got an email that my application is complete before I got the email that my secondary was submitted. Is this normal? Was it a glitch? It's weird my application was complete right after I sent my secondary in, right?
Were your LORs submitted to AACOMAS? They could have already received your LORs that way and were just waiting on you to submit your secondary before you were complete. I submitted my secondary either yesterday or the day before (I'm losing my mind) and i got a complete email today cause they were just waiting on my LORs.

Yeah AACOMAS already had my LORs and MCAT... its weird to me. I submitted everything at once to all schools and for this one I was complete but for others I'm not... thats why I was worried or thought it was a glitch... I'm glad they handle everything quickly though, very respectable.

Got my interview invite yesterday morning.

Good luck to everyone!

Reactions: 3 users
II invite right now!!!! It’s my first one!! See you all on August 16th!!

Anyone know their post-interview acceptance rate?

Got my II, too, via e-mail! First one this cycle. :)
Submitted my secondary on 8/2.

II here, 2nd one. Are you all driving there?

II here, 2nd one. Are you all driving there?

Texas resident here. Thinking of flying in and renting a car.

Congrats! You submitted your secondary two days ago and already got an II? That’s like a record.

Thanks! I actually heard of someone getting an II the day after submitting, so maybe it's not too uncommon(?)

Last edited: