2019-2020 Tufts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Maine Track Acceptees: Are you doing the Boston second look on 03/13 or 03/27?

I got the same email and the Save the date card for Ap 16. If you go to one of the 2 March dates, do you think there’s any other benefit to going Ap 16 2nd look, or just more of the same?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I got the same email and the Save the date card for Ap 16. If you go to one of the 2 March dates, do you think there’s any other benefit to going Ap 16 2nd look, or just more of the same?
I think there's both a Boston and Portland Second look day on April 16th, and then the Boston (for Maine students) second look day in March. I was going to do the March date for Boston and then the April date for Portland

hahaha my exact thoughts when I saw that post.

Im neurotic asf so here is some data I dug up:

Jan 29th: 3 A reported
Jan 31st: 3 A reported
Feb 3rd: 5 A reported and 4 deferred reported
Feb 4th: 1 A reported

This trend is consistent w past release weeks- first couple days are A heavy and then an even amount of As and deferreds on the later days
Laughs nervously in 2/10 intervew*

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi! Did anyone accepted on Wednesday via phone call receive an email acceptance yet? I haven't and I'm nervous! My portal hasn't changed yet.

Hi! Did anyone accepted on Wednesday via phone call receive an email acceptance yet? I haven't and I'm nervous! My portal hasn't changed yet.

Why are you nervous? It'll probably come through on Monday/early this coming week. They might wait until everyone has been called in the last cohort before sending out the email & updating the portal. You should also get a letter in the mail several days later. For now, try to soak up the good news and celebrate! Congratulations :)

Do you all accepted people at least have tufts on your choose your medical school tool? that can be good written confirmation

Reactions: 1 users
I think there's both a Boston and Portland Second look day on April 16th, and then the Boston (for Maine students) second look day in March. I was going to do the March date for Boston and then the April date for Portland
+1

Just accepted via phone call! interviewed 2/3 . anyone who has been accepted, have you received any scholarship offers? / how long after acceptance?

Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted an hour ago! Boston, 1/29 interviewee

Reactions: 3 users
2/10 interviewer -> deferred. Really starting to sweat as I stack up these deferrals

• Sad
Any Maine track students accepted yesterday?

^ I'm a 01/31 interviewee for the Maine Track who still hasn't heard anything. :/ Frustrating and nerve wracking to be waiting this long. Have any other Maine Trackers from this last month of interviews heard back?

• Sad
^ I'm a 01/31 interviewee for the Maine Track who still hasn't heard anything. :/ Frustrating and nerve-wracking to be waiting this long. Have any other Maine Trackers from this last month of interviews heard back?

+1. I interviewed for the Maine Track on 02/07 and have not heard anything.

Based on past trends I think it is reasonable to expect to hear within this week but it's possible the admissions committee is waiting to release decisions so they can compare candidates from multiple interview groups/months against one another.

Just keep your phone charged and hope for the best!!

Reactions: 4 users
+1. I interviewed for the Maine Track on 02/07 and have not heard anything.

Based on past trends I think it is reasonable to expect to hear within this week but it's possible the admissions committee is waiting to release decisions so they can compare candidates from multiple interview groups/months against one another.

Just keep your phone charged and hope for the best!!
WOOF! Still no word

• Sad
  • Okay...
Reactions: 2 users
To all Maine Track Students: I called the office today to get more information about the second look and thought I'd share some info. They will announce this soon but there is actually NO second look day in Portland this year. The Maine track reps are coming to the Boston campus, so if we want to do second look day we should go only for the Boston April 16th one, and they will have a separate part of the day for Maine track students only.

The March orientation sessions dates in Boston will be very short days (about 2-3 hours) and mainly cover curriculum and a brief tour (ie the things we would've seen from the Boston interview day). However, the curriculum presentation will be the same as what we received in Maine and there is a chance to tour the school on second look day, so this orientation isn't completely necessary....

Additionally, I was told that all Maine trackers will receive fully paid hotel housing for our orientation week in Portland!

Last edited:
I was under the assumption that Tufts gave no merit aid, but looking at previous years threads it seems that some got scholarships. Can anyone accepted comment on whether they've received a merit scholarship? (Tufts Boston)

I was under the assumption that Tufts gave no merit aid, but looking at previous years threads it seems that some got scholarships. Can anyone accepted comment on whether they've received a merit scholarship? (Tufts Boston)
Where did you see that? A scholarship is available to Maine Track students, and some students are eligible to receive grant aid as a part of their financial aid package, but everything I've seen points to no merit aid availability.

Where did you see that? A scholarship is available to Maine Track students, and some students are eligible to receive grant aid as a part of their financial aid package, but everything I've seen points to no merit aid availability.
Upon further inspection I see that the threads I looked at were for Tufts Dental. I’m sorry for the confusion everyone! As far as I know there is no merit aid here.

Any hope for people who heard nothing since July? lol

Any idea when we can expect financial aid notifications

I called in January regarding a separate question and asked if we submit earlier than March 27th, do we get earlier notification. They said no. I asked if we submit earlier, is our application prioritized. They said no. So anytime after March 27th is my guess?

Any hope for people who heard nothing since July? lol
Based on what I've heard, interviews end this week. There are currently no open spots on the calendar, I guess if someone decides to cancel at this point it's possible they'll send out another interview, but it's extremely unlikely at this point :(

Has anyone chatted about 2nd look with them lately or the 2 Maine Track visit dates? Still on?

It’s over a month away so it’s too soon for them to cancel it. We’ll find out how bad it will get in the next couple of weeks but it’s possible it might stabilize by then. Harvard just closed down campus so I can’t imagine the other schools in the area don’t follow suit

for maine track scholarship people, when did you interview and were you a resident of maine?

Last edited:
Have all Maine Track scholarships been awarded already?

for maine track scholarship people, when did you interview and were you a resident of maine?
Interviewed 11/8 and not technically a Maine resident currently but I grew up there and went to college there

Just heard 2nd look in April is cancelled.

• Sad
Reeeejected (pre ii) bye boston :/ good luck everyone!

Have all Maine Track scholarships been awarded already?
I believe so; however, there's always a chance that the recipients don't enroll. I would assume that the school would re-award the scholarship in these cases. I know numerous past acceptees who received the scholarship and enrolled elsewhere, so there's hope!!

Hey, anyone else nervous that with everything going on that events such as white coat, orientation, and the start of 2020 class may be postponed, disrupted, or cancelled?