2019-2020 Ohio State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone been awarded any merit scholarship? If so, when did they start sending those out?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Did you guys receive confirmation that your update sent via email was received? If so, how long did it take to receive that confirmation email?

Did you guys receive confirmation that your update sent via email was received? If so, how long did it take to receive that confirmation email?

I sent mine a month back and got a confirmation email 3 days later (12/5)

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I never got a confirmation email but I called and asked them if they got it and they said yes

still holding out hope for an II

Reactions: 15 users

When I sent my update last year I never got confirmation, but they are very open to calls checking to see if its been added to your application file. If you're worried about it you can always call the admissions office!

still holding out hope for an II

Definitely still hold out hope! Ohio State interviews all the way until the end of March, so the interview season is only about half over. I got my II in February and was ultimately accepted so don't lose hope yet!

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
My interview here was great! OSU definitely exceeded my expectations on all fronts. LM 67, submitted secondary 9/3/19.

Reactions: 2 users
anyone know if they take letters of intent, i’m currently an osu undergrad student and i would really like to stay here next year, but haven’t gotten an interview yet

Got an II this morning!

OOS and a nontrad. Complete around early September

Reactions: 15 users
Members don't see this ad :)
anyone know if they take letters of intent, i’m currently an osu undergrad student and i would really like to stay here next year, but haven’t gotten an interview yet

I submitted a letter of intent after my interview when I was placed on the waitlist, but am not sure how receptive they are to LOI's prior to an interview. You could always send an update and in the update indicate how keen you are to attend, which would essentially do the same thing as a letter of intent!

Congratulations! You have given me some hope. I wish you luck on the interview.

Thank you so much! I hope you hear good news from this and any other schools that you have applied too as soon as possible:clap:

Anyone have an idea of how long it take post Interview to hear back? Whether it is an acceptance, deferred , wait list, or rejection?

Also could anyone please speak to the difference between defer vs wait list if you know? Are people on the deferred list before being put on the waitlist, or do some people go to either deferred or wait list, and thus defer is slightly better than being waitlisted? Thanks! :)

Anyone have an idea of how long it take post Interview to hear back? Whether it is an acceptance, deferred , wait list, or rejection?

Also could anyone please speak to the difference between defer vs wait list if you know? Are people on the deferred list before being put on the waitlist, or do some people go to either deferred or wait list, and thus defer is slightly better than being waitlisted? Thanks! :)

I have a friend that is an M1 at OSU. He told me that they typically answer in around 2 weeks post interview. For my interview though, they told me I'd hear back in 3.

An applicant that is deferred is what they describe as "too strong to reject but not quite strong enough to accept". It basically means hang on, we'll get back to you. I know some people who got deferred and got accepted 2 weeks later. The adcoms release decesions roughly every two weeks so your file is constantly being reviewed. After around mid April, all candidates that are deferred are moved into a wait-list. That's about as much as I know.

I have a friend that is an M1 at OSU. He told me that they typically answer in around 2 weeks post interview. For my interview though, they told me I'd hear back in 3.

An applicant that is deferred is what they describe as "too strong to reject but not quite strong enough to accept". It basically means hang on, we'll get back to you. I know some people who got deferred and got accepted 2 weeks later. The adcoms release decesions roughly every two weeks so your file is constantly being reviewed. After around mid April, all candidates that are deferred are moved into a wait-list. That's about as much as I know.

Okay gotcha, thanks a bunch for the info! Seems like OSU has a pretty high post interview acceptance rate, so I'm hoping for some favor haha. Best of luck to you! :)

Are merit scholarships offered here? What does financial aid look like?

Someone correct me if I'm wrong (just remembering what they said on interview day) but they have money for ~20 full merit scholarships but usually split it up in some fashion. There is also need-based aid from the university + federal loans. Also I saw that they have merit scholarships for returning students based on class rank (which can be good or bad depending on how you look at it)

Trying to schedule for flights but what time does the interview end? It says no later than 3 pm but I just want to make sure.

Just got an interview invite. OOS, LM 76. They scheduled me for early February.

Reactions: 5 users
Trying to schedule for flights but what time does the interview end? It says no later than 3 pm but I just want to make sure.
They stick to the schedule pretty well so I don’t think you’ll have any trouble getting out by 3. Rush hour in Columbus usually starts around 4:30 just so you can plan according! Good luck!

• Love
My guy. Put in a word for all of us ISers while youre there

Me to the Admissions Committee: I will conditionally accept my II here...the condition is that every remaining IS applicant gets an II!

(But in all seriousness, fingers crossed for everyone. I'll ask about IS stats/interview likelihood and stuff when I'm in Columbus!)

Reactions: 4 users
Me to the Admissions Committee: I will conditionally accept my II here...the condition is that every remaining IS applicant gets an II!

(But in all seriousness, fingers crossed for everyone. I'll ask about IS stats/interview likelihood and stuff when I'm in Columbus!)

Lead the way hahah

Still confused after the whole Vitals portal thing, sorry guys. Are II's received through email here or do you just have to keep checking the portal?

Still confused after the whole Vitals portal thing, sorry guys. Are II's received through email here or do you just have to keep checking the portal?
It seems like most people received an email and subsequently scheduled/confirmed their interview on Vitals. That being said, a few people didn't receive an email whatsoever, so it may be worth checking Vitals every so often.

• Love
Is there a facebook group here?

There is a facebook group for the class of 2023, but I don't think it was made until sometime in May... not positive on that though. If there isn't one for the class of 2024 right now there will be at some point.

II just now. OOS and complete on 9/12/19

Reactions: 10 users
Hey, so I interviewed recently and the decision date is tomorrow. Does anyone know what time they update vitals?
Thanks

Deferred this morning on Vitals

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is this before or after u interviewed?

I think you can only be deferred after interview right? I interviewed beginning of January.

Hi all! I’m super excited to be interviewing here soon! I was wondering if anyone can give me some insight into how they prepared for the interview and what to expect. Also, I sent a letter of interest; should I reiterate the reasons I listed of why I want to go there, or should I list new reasons why I want to go there during my interview? I have loved everything I’ve read online, and am honestly looking forward to seeing what more the school has to offer!

Last edited: