2019-2020 New York Institute of Technology College of Osteopathic Medicine (NYITCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I haven't even gotten any information for the masters program, is it invite only to apply? I didn't even know about it, so don't have much of an opinion on it. From what it seems if it is a guaranteed acceptance it seems like a good opportunity. However, there is always still a chance you could get off waitlist now. Are you on waitlist for OW or JB?
OW! if i accept this offer i will be off the waitlist for this cycle. SO i got in but did not accept yet. I do not mind having a masters plus i got a scholarship. All students last year who were in it are in the med school this year. I think its only by invitiation.

Members don't see this ad.

OW! if i accept this offer i will be off the waitlist for this cycle. SO i got in but did not accept yet. I do not mind having a masters plus i got a scholarship. All students last year who were in it are in the med school this year. I think its only by invitiation.
Ohh that is so tough ! Do you have to accept a spot into the masters program by a certain date? Maybe, give it another week or two on WL for medical school, if you can.

Ohh that is so tough ! Do you have to accept a spot into the masters program by a certain date? Maybe, give it another week or two on WL for medical school, if you can.
they said by this friday so i have no choice by the way it looks rn i think the class might be full so the chance of me getting off the waitlist is slim so i dont wanna shut all my chances.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
they said by this friday so i have no choice by the way it looks rn i think the class might be full so the chance of me getting off the waitlist is slim so i dont wanna shut all my chances.
I see what you mean, I wish you the best of luck! Hope you get the guidance you need to make this decision.

So this is a little bit complex, and I would say a little bit of both. For the Fall, I mostly used school material exclusively. The content of the course wasn't very overwhelming, and a lot of times I felt like they were presented better than B&B or First Aid. I would say that online lecture resources like the two mentioned are great for review, but not the best when it comes to learning a concept. The exams were over mostly conceptual train of thought, with a few exceptions. I think it is very common to get advice to just use boards prep material to learn, and while I don't disagree with that train of thought, in my experience at least, if that is the only source you learn from, then it is very difficult to pass the exams here. Mostly because boards prep really cover the minimum or basics, so there is heavy emphasis on high-yield topics based on the proportions that Step/COMLEX is divided into. In our case, however, every single lecture is weighted the same way. In other words, if you only focused on high yield topics for boards, that is approximately 60% of our in-house exams. If anything, boards prep is not necessary YET in the Fall, but do make sure you look at all of the Powerpoints.

Now, the Spring is a little bit different. The exams are also of the same nature in that all the material is weighted equally; however, the questions are much more in-depth than they were in the Fall. In this case, most of the lectures will focus on what details and specifics you need to recognize, but they do a pretty poor job in explaining the big picture. In this case, I would read the provided textbooks on the subject, watch B&B, and then look through the PowerPoints to see which parts of the overall big picture I should pay more attention to. In this scenario, Zanki Decks are pretty helpful, but even they do not cover everything you'll need, so I often make my own cards in addition to using Zanki.

Overall, they do a good job in teaching some subjects while others may need a little more work on your part to study. Anatomy/Gross anatomy here is phenomenally taught. I have no complaints in that department now that I no longer have to take any more practicals (lol). However, neuro was hard for me, so I used a lot of B&B plus textbooks for that block, same thing with Heme/Oncology.

So I am only a first-year going into OMSII, therefore I do not take boards yet. In other words, I am not able to give you accurate suggestions for boards, so do take what I'm about to say with a grain of salt. As far as I know, I will be taking both Step and COMLEX. From what I've heard told to me by current 2nd and 3rd years, the school does a pretty good job of being consistent with what the Boards want. Our faculty do write for both USMLE and COMLEX, so they are pretty accurate in conveying what we need to know. I will say that the people who struggle with our in house exams typically struggle for the boards as well... in this case, they may feel as if the school did not do enough to prepare them for boards. And don't get me wrong, the school isn't perfect, and I will definitely have to relearn some things over the summer because I either didn't learn it well or it was not presented as well by the faculty, but I honestly feel like they did the best they could given the circumstances.

If you don't mind, could u go a bit more in detail about how you set up your day? Like what's your usual schedule, how many hours you end up studying, what's your study strategy, etc. Thanks for taking the time to write this stuff out.

Reactions: 2 users
So this is a little bit complex, and I would say a little bit of both. For the Fall, I mostly used school material exclusively. The content of the course wasn't very overwhelming, and a lot of times I felt like they were presented better than B&B or First Aid. I would say that online lecture resources like the two mentioned are great for review, but not the best when it comes to learning a concept. The exams were over mostly conceptual train of thought, with a few exceptions. I think it is very common to get advice to just use boards prep material to learn, and while I don't disagree with that train of thought, in my experience at least, if that is the only source you learn from, then it is very difficult to pass the exams here. Mostly because boards prep really cover the minimum or basics, so there is heavy emphasis on high-yield topics based on the proportions that Step/COMLEX is divided into. In our case, however, every single lecture is weighted the same way. In other words, if you only focused on high yield topics for boards, that is approximately 60% of our in-house exams. If anything, boards prep is not necessary YET in the Fall, but do make sure you look at all of the Powerpoints.

Now, the Spring is a little bit different. The exams are also of the same nature in that all the material is weighted equally; however, the questions are much more in-depth than they were in the Fall. In this case, most of the lectures will focus on what details and specifics you need to recognize, but they do a pretty poor job in explaining the big picture. In this case, I would read the provided textbooks on the subject, watch B&B, and then look through the PowerPoints to see which parts of the overall big picture I should pay more attention to. In this scenario, Zanki Decks are pretty helpful, but even they do not cover everything you'll need, so I often make my own cards in addition to using Zanki.

Overall, they do a good job in teaching some subjects while others may need a little more work on your part to study. Anatomy/Gross anatomy here is phenomenally taught. I have no complaints in that department now that I no longer have to take any more practicals (lol). However, neuro was hard for me, so I used a lot of B&B plus textbooks for that block, same thing with Heme/Oncology.

So I am only a first-year going into OMSII, therefore I do not take boards yet. In other words, I am not able to give you accurate suggestions for boards, so do take what I'm about to say with a grain of salt. As far as I know, I will be taking both Step and COMLEX. From what I've heard told to me by current 2nd and 3rd years, the school does a pretty good job of being consistent with what the Boards want. Our faculty do write for both USMLE and COMLEX, so they are pretty accurate in conveying what we need to know. I will say that the people who struggle with our in house exams typically struggle for the boards as well... in this case, they may feel as if the school did not do enough to prepare them for boards. And don't get me wrong, the school isn't perfect, and I will definitely have to relearn some things over the summer because I either didn't learn it well or it was not presented as well by the faculty, but I honestly feel like they did the best they could given the circumstances.
This gives me a lot of insight into the school and what they have to offer. Also gives me a heads up in terms of how I might have to study in the coming semester. Thank you so much for taking the time to explain us your experience. This is very much appreciated.
Thank you again.

Thanks for taking the time to share all these info with us! I have never taken anatomy before, so bit worried about being able to catch up during the first semester. Can you please share the study strategy for anatomy (books/atlas/app) especially on identifying the spotter or tagged cadaver structures. Is it just identifying the tagged anatomical structure or will they ask questions orally about the tagged structure.

Reactions: 1 users
Thanks for taking the time to share all these info with us! I have never taken anatomy before, so bit worried about being able to catch up during the first semester. Can you please share the study strategy for anatomy (books/atlas/app) especially on identifying the spotter or tagged cadaver structures. Is it just identifying the tagged anatomical structure or will they ask questions orally about the tagged structure.
So I've never taken anatomy before either. I was an engineer before medical school so I had very little background in physiology and anatomy. I know what it is like to be able to not understand a topic like anatomy, especially when it seems like everyone has their stuff together (because they've either taken it before or studied it before). I really liked Netter's for referencing where certain structures are supposed to be. I believe NYIT will give you access to the Complete Anatomy app, and that one is really helpful in visualizing structures in 3 dimensions. So how I would study is, read Grant's dissector, highlight ANY information that they throw in within the instructions or intro of the chapter that has anything to do with anatomical relationships (i.e. nerve is deep to which specific muscle, etc.). Pay attention to the triangles (you'll know what I'm talking about when you get there), very high yield stuff. Pay attention to structures that are clinically relevant (structures that are involved in surgeries, for example). Take notes about these structures. Then, I would study the pictures that are included in the Dissector, they do a pretty good job in keeping everything pretty straight forward. If you start with Netter's or the app, it can be really overwhelming and you're not likely to retain much since most of your effort is just trying to find what you cannot identify. This all happens before the lab, then I would watch the prosection videos released by the faculty so I can have a better reference of what these structures look on a cadaver.

In the lab, try your best to study while you're there. I understand it can be overwhelming, and you're all tired... But my reasoning for studying while you're in lab is because you want to avoid going into the lab as much as possible, only when it is necessary. You'll hear a lot of advice about how you need to always be in the lab to practice, and yeah, parts of that is true. But. Y'all simply don't have time to do that. You also have Comps and OMM to worry about, and Anatomy is just one course. So while you're in the lab, if you are not dissecting for that lab, go to the faculty cadaver and study/ID what you learned in the Dissector. I'm not sure if this is the case in OW, but in JB, when we are in the lab, and we want help reviewing structures, we can always ask one of the Anatomists or Scholars (TA) to explain the structures or quiz us. If you are dissecting, those are pretty heavy days and you'll be really tired. Try to learn if you can, but honestly, I was always so tired (and hungry) after I dissect that I just go home and learn what I missed in the following lab when I am not dissecting.

Now, to review for the labs, I recommend around ~Friday to review for that week's structures. This is where those notes come in handy. Look through your notes, look at all the structures you listed, and then identify them on Netter's. You can also use Rohan (photographic cadaver atlas) for this as well. If you can't ID them on Netter's, you won't be able to ID them in the lab, and you'll only waste time being in there. Then, I would spend MAX 2hrs on the weekends in the lab identifying the structures. I don't recommend staying longer than that, mostly because it's easy to get burned out in there and it can actually become less productive and more discouraging. In addition, like I said... y'all simply don't have the time to do so.

The exam is 50 pinned questions and 50 written (computerized) questions that are taken on the iPad (provided by the school). The pinning portions are purely identification, no second or third-order questions for that portion of the exam. The written portion for some people is a little more challenging, which is why I really recommend the notes and paying attention to clinically relevant structures. To test knowledge in this portion, I highly highly recommend BRS gross anatomy review. NYIT has the digital version in their online library, but I bought my own copy. The questions are very hard, but I guarantee you it will make the practical and even the Comp seem like a walk in the park.

Reactions: 6 users
Has anyone received information from Vicky on how to apply for Medicaid?

-JB campus

So I've never taken anatomy before either. I was an engineer before medical school so I had very little background in physiology and anatomy. I know what it is like to be able to not understand a topic like anatomy, especially when it seems like everyone has their stuff together (because they've either taken it before or studied it before). I really liked Netter's for referencing where certain structures are supposed to be. I believe NYIT will give you access to the Complete Anatomy app, and that one is really helpful in visualizing structures in 3 dimensions. So how I would study is, read Grant's dissector, highlight ANY information that they throw in within the instructions or intro of the chapter that has anything to do with anatomical relationships (i.e. nerve is deep to which specific muscle, etc.). Pay attention to the triangles (you'll know what I'm talking about when you get there), very high yield stuff. Pay attention to structures that are clinically relevant (structures that are involved in surgeries, for example). Take notes about these structures. Then, I would study the pictures that are included in the Dissector, they do a pretty good job in keeping everything pretty straight forward. If you start with Netter's or the app, it can be really overwhelming and you're not likely to retain much since most of your effort is just trying to find what you cannot identify. This all happens before the lab, then I would watch the prosection videos released by the faculty so I can have a better reference of what these structures look on a cadaver.

In the lab, try your best to study while you're there. I understand it can be overwhelming, and you're all tired... But my reasoning for studying while you're in lab is because you want to avoid going into the lab as much as possible, only when it is necessary. You'll hear a lot of advice about how you need to always be in the lab to practice, and yeah, parts of that is true. But. Y'all simply don't have time to do that. You also have Comps and OMM to worry about, and Anatomy is just one course. So while you're in the lab, if you are not dissecting for that lab, go to the faculty cadaver and study/ID what you learned in the Dissector. I'm not sure if this is the case in OW, but in JB, when we are in the lab, and we want help reviewing structures, we can always ask one of the Anatomists or Scholars (TA) to explain the structures or quiz us. If you are dissecting, those are pretty heavy days and you'll be really tired. Try to learn if you can, but honestly, I was always so tired (and hungry) after I dissect that I just go home and learn what I missed in the following lab when I am not dissecting.

Now, to review for the labs, I recommend around ~Friday to review for that week's structures. This is where those notes come in handy. Look through your notes, look at all the structures you listed, and then identify them on Netter's. You can also use Rohan (photographic cadaver atlas) for this as well. If you can't ID them on Netter's, you won't be able to ID them in the lab, and you'll only waste time being in there. Then, I would spend MAX 2hrs on the weekends in the lab identifying the structures. I don't recommend staying longer than that, mostly because it's easy to get burned out in there and it can actually become less productive and more discouraging. In addition, like I said... y'all simply don't have the time to do so.

The exam is 50 pinned questions and 50 written (computerized) questions that are taken on the iPad (provided by the school). The pinning portions are purely identification, no second or third-order questions for that portion of the exam. The written portion for some people is a little more challenging, which is why I really recommend the notes and paying attention to clinically relevant structures. To test knowledge in this portion, I highly highly recommend BRS gross anatomy review. NYIT has the digital version in their online library, but I bought my own copy. The questions are very hard, but I guarantee you it will make the practical and even the Comp seem like a walk in the park.
Thank you so much!

If you don't mind, could u go a bit more in detail about how you set up your day? Like what's your usual schedule, how many hours you end up studying, what's your study strategy, etc. Thanks for taking the time to write this stuff out.

Haha so it actually took a few tries for me to get to a system that actually works for me. This is the system that works for me, but do keep in mind that I am definitely NOT a Type A person, I'm also not the competitive type. I'm also very lazy, a big procrastinator, etc etc... So in other words, I need a system that keeps me accountable but also isn't so rigid that I just spiral into despair my mind is rather weak lol

So at the beginning of each block, I would make my "Weekly List." Basically, it's just a way for me to be accountable for how much I've reviewed or looked through a lecture. Watching the lecture, reading over it, writing notes/summarizing the powerpoint, making an Anki deck, going through an Anki deck equate to 1 checkmark. The goal is to have 3 checkmarks by the time of the pre-comp and 5 checkmarks for the comp.

My week would look something like this:

Monday: Lectures 8-11. Lunch, preview very quickly for today's anatomy lab. Anatomy 1-5pm. If I dissected that day, I go home immediately, take a shower, eat, and take my dog out. Then I study for lectures of that day ONLY (from 7-11pm). I do not study for anatomy at that time.

Tuesday: Lectures 8-11. Lunch. Preview for DPR (doctor-patient relationship lab, basically this is where we learn how to do physical exams/clinical skills, etc) very quickly. Max 20min, DPR lab 1-3pm. Go home, eat a pretty early dinner, shower, take dog out. Study from 5-11pm. I would start with reviewing yesterday's anatomy lab and preview tomorrow's anatomy lab (5-7pm). Study today's lectures (7-11pm)

Wednesday: Lectures 8-11. Lunch. Quick preview for anatomy. Anatomy 1-5pm. When I can during the lab, I would go to the faculty cadaver and look at what the structures actually look like vs. how they are portrayed in the Dissector. This may seem selfish while your classmates are dissecting, but if you know it well, you can tell them where to cut and where to look for the structures and you can actually get your group out of lab earlier. So this benefits everyone in the group, then y'all will have more time to study. Go home, dinner, shower, take dog out. Study from 7-11pm. Start with today's lectures, and preview OMM lab. Short review of this week's anatomy last (max 45min).

Thursday: Lectures 8-11. Lunch. Quick preview for OMM. OMM 1-3pm. *one thing about OMM: take it seriously. NYIT is really serious about OMM to the point you'll feel like you're in a cult sometimes... no really... But if you can learn it well in the lab, that's less time that's needed to practice for the practicals. In addition, OMM lab materials are included on the pre-comps and comps.* Go home, dinner, shower, take dog out. Study from 5-11pm. Review OMM, and any lecture material I was not able to finish earlier this week, save anatomy for Fridays.

Friday: typically no lectures, sometimes there are mandatory events. I'll sleep in a little, then review lectures, OMM, and anatomy in no particular order. In the afternoons, the faculty in JB hosts a comprehensive anatomy review that goes over this week's and the past weeks' labs in detail. I will only go to those if I have studied the labs in detail. If I was falling behind that week, I do not go to those review sessions. Mostly because, I've learned that if you don't know 70% of anatomy material before the reviews, you won't be able to get anything out of it, and it's honestly just a few hours wasted. From around 9-11pm, I typically plan an off time here where I watch TV or play some League of Legends or hang out with my friends in either the dorm or my off-campus apartment.

Saturday: Same routine as Fridays. I may go to the Anatomy lab for a couple of hours and review. (MAX 2 hours)

Sunday: Preview upcoming anatomy labs in detail. Review lectures and OMM labs. In no particular order. Bed by 11pm.

For studying material, sometimes you'll have a lot of diseases included in a few lectures that are related. I really recommend organizing pathology/diseases/immunology/micro/pharm into tables like the one I included here (Rheumatology_comp 4). When you've seen so many of these terms, their definitions and what sets them apart can start blending together and they can start sounding the same (esp. when you're very tired). This is a table I created for my rheumatology lectures for this last comp I just took.

In addition, if you want, you can make the Weekly List into something like a Google spreadsheet like my screenshot. Get a couple of friends, everyone will map their progress, and this can keep everyone accountable. In addition, it's a quick and easy way to see who studied what more, and where people seem to be struggling. So if you guys need to organize a group study session, you'll know who to ask and who should teach which portions of the material.

Whew. I think I covered most things. Let me know if y'all have more questions!

In addition, you guys are welcome to PM me even during the school year. I'll always try my best to help (for both OW and JB).

Attachments

• Rheumatology_comp 4.docx
    28.7 KB · Views: 133
  • Weekly List.docx
    23.7 KB · Views: 142
  • Screen Shot 2020-06-03 at 10.09.31 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-06-03 at 10.09.31 PM.png
    283.8 KB · Views: 133
Last edited:
Reactions: 11 users
Haha so it actually took a few tries for me to get to a system that actually works for me. This is the system that works for me, but do keep in mind that I am definitely NOT a Type A person, I'm also not the competitive type. I'm also very lazy, a big procrastinator, etc etc... So in other words, I need a system that keeps me accountable but also isn't so rigid that I just spiral into despair my mind is rather weak lol

So at the beginning of each block, I would make my "Weekly List." Basically, it's just a way for me to be accountable for how much I've reviewed or looked through a lecture. Watching the lecture, reading over it, writing notes/summarizing the powerpoint, making an Anki deck, going through an Anki deck equate to 1 checkmark. The goal is to have 3 checkmarks by the time of the pre-comp and 5 checkmarks for the comp.

Monday: Lectures 8-11. Lunch, preview very quickly for today's anatomy lab. Anatomy 1-5pm. If I dissected that day, I go home immediately, take a shower, eat, and take my dog out. Then I study for lectures of that day ONLY (from 7-11pm). I do not study for anatomy at that time.

Tuesday: Lectures 8-11. Lunch. Preview for DPR (doctor-patient relationship lab, basically this is where we learn how to do physical exams/clinical skills, etc) very quickly. Max 20min, DPR lab 1-3pm. Go home, eat a pretty early dinner, shower, take dog out. Study from 5-11pm. I would start with reviewing yesterday's anatomy lab and preview tomorrow's anatomy lab (5-7pm). Study today's lectures (7-11pm)

Wednesday: Lectures 8-11. Lunch. Quick preview for anatomy. Anatomy 1-5pm. When I can during the lab, I would go to the faculty cadaver and look at what the structures actually look like vs. how they are portrayed in the Dissector. This may seem selfish while your classmates are dissecting, but if you know it well, you can tell them where to cut and where to look for the structures and you can actually get your group out of lab earlier. So this benefits everyone in the group, then y'all will have more time to study. Go home, dinner, shower, take dog out. Study from 7-11pm. Start with today's lectures, and preview OMM lab. Short review of this week's anatomy last (max 45min).

Thursday: Lectures 8-11. Lunch. Quick preview for OMM. OMM 1-3pm. *one thing about OMM: take it seriously. NYIT is really serious about OMM to the point you'll feel like you're in a cult sometimes... no really... But if you can learn it well in the lab, that's less time that's needed to practice for the practicals. In addition, OMM lab materials are included on the pre-comps and comps.* Go home, dinner, shower, take dog out. Study from 5-11pm. Review OMM, and any lecture material I was not able to finish earlier this week, save anatomy for Fridays.

Friday: typically no lectures, sometimes there are mandatory events. I'll sleep in a little, then review lectures, OMM, and anatomy in no particular order. In the afternoons, the faculty in JB hosts a comprehensive anatomy review that goes over this week's and the past weeks' labs in detail. I will only go to those if I have studied the labs in detail. If I was falling behind that week, I do not go to those review sessions. Mostly because, I've learned that if you don't know 70% of anatomy material before the reviews, you won't be able to get anything out of it, and it's honestly just a few hours wasted. From around 9-11pm, I typically plan an off time here where I watch TV or play some League of Legends or hang out with my friends in either the dorm or my off-campus apartment.

Saturday: Same routine as Fridays. I may go to the Anatomy lab for a couple of hours and review. (MAX 2 hours)

Sunday: Preview upcoming anatomy labs in detail. Review lectures and OMM labs. In no particular order. Bed by 11pm.

For studying material, sometimes you'll have a lot of diseases included in a few lectures that are related. I really recommend organizing pathology/diseases/immunology/micro/pharm into tables like the one I included here (Rheumatology_comp 4). When you've seen so many of these terms, their definitions and what sets them apart can start blending together and they can start sounding the same (esp. when you're very tired). This is a table I created for my rheumatology lectures for this last comp I just took.

In addition, if you want, you can make the Weekly List into something like a Google spreadsheet like my screenshot. Get a couple of friends, everyone will map their progress, and this can keep everyone accountable. In addition, it's a quick and easy way to see who studied what more, and where people seem to be struggling. So if you guys need to organize a group study session, you'll know who to ask and who should teach which portions of the material.

In addition, you guys are welcome to PM me even during the school year. I'll always try my best to help (for both OW and JB). If you need a quicker response, Facebook and Instagram (@yu2nc) messaging are okay too.

dude

what a godsend. Seriously. Thank you very much. I never got a comprehensive answer like this from anyone I've asked. Thanks for taking the time man.

Members don't see this ad :)

In addition, you guys are welcome to PM me even during the school year. I'll always try my best to help (for both OW and JB). If you need a quicker response, Facebook and Instagram (@yu2nc) messaging are okay too.

So the curriculum is traditional and not blocking scheduling, correct?

Did anyone understand the email sent out about the hybrid plan for the fall semester and the in-person orientation? When will the official schedule/classes be sent out?
anyone have any insights on this? for OW campus

Anyone has insight on the JB campus? Any movement? Is the class full?

Looking at the JB Facebook group for the class of 2024, there's around 158 members and a good junk of that number are upperclassmen. Compare it to 2023, the number of a full class in that group is around 237. So, I'm going to safely assume the class isn't full yet. Everyone is probably still waiting on other first choice institutions to get back to them, therefore delaying their withdrawals or acceptance.

I was in contact with admissions and they informed me that students have been holding their offers and currently no spots are open for JB. They informed me that some waitlist movement may happen before class starts

I was in contact with admissions and they informed me that students have been holding their offers and currently no spots are open for JB. They informed me that some waitlist movement may happen before class starts
Hey thanks for the info! How did you get in contact with admissions? I haven’t been able to get ahold of anyone. Did you just email?

Does that mean there will be no movement today most likely?

Hey thanks for the info! How did you get in contact with admissions? I haven’t been able to get ahold of anyone. Did you just email?
Yes! I emailed them and heard back pretty quickly (within a couple hours).

I used the normal admissions email but CC’d Ramon and Dr. Cohen
Is there anyway I could do this for OW?
If I know there is not chance of getting in, I'd be able to dive into a reapp more effectively.
How do I do this?

Just got the email! Accepted at OW! Keep up hope everyone! Things are still moving!
Stats: 504 MCAT, 3.8 grad GPA, 3.3 undergrad, overall science 3.2.

Reactions: 11 users
Is there anyway I could do this for OW?
If I know there is not chance of getting in, I'd be able to dive into a reapp more effectively.
How do I do this?
Yes I am sure you could! I included what campus I interviewed for in the email just to make sure they knew

Question: How often do MS-1s interact with upper class men? Like MS-2/MS-3/Ms-4? Do you see them on a daily basis?

Question: How often do MS-1s interact with upper class men? Like MS-2/MS-3/Ms-4? Do you see them on a daily basis?
On my end in JB, if you have a peer mentor then you may see your mentor some times... when I say some times maybe like once every month or so. In other words, we actually don't see upperclassmen much at all, unless you are direct friends with them. We're all pretty isolated to our own class.

Accepted OW!! I was just starting on submitting my application for the next cycle. Stay in there guys! :bow:

Reactions: 7 users
Guys, I'm in! I got accepted this afternoon!
But I have some questions-
I got one email notifying me that I got in ( time stamped today) , then an email saying that I failed to complete the background check and they made numerous attempts to contact me and I didn't do so so now they are withdrawing my application, a third email saying that withdrawal email was a glitch and their system made a mistake so please disregard it, and then my formal acceptance letter in email format.

These were all in my spam folder btw, so be sure to check your spam.

Also! What does technical standard for admissions mean? How would I do that?

Also, for immunizations, I'm pretty sure I'm up to date on my vaccines , but I don't have a PCP right now. What do I do? Do I just ask my last PCP to provide proof of immunization? Can I do the blood titer thing at Urgent Care?

Reactions: 25 users
Seriously guys I don't have a PCP right now so how do provide proof of immunizations? Could I just get the blood titers from Urgent Care if I can't contact my old PCP?

I got one email notifying me that I got in ( time stamped today) , then an email saying that I failed to complete the background check and they made numerous attempts to contact me and I didn't do so so now they are withdrawing my application, a third email saying that withdrawal email was a glitch and their system made a mistake so please disregard it, and then my formal acceptance letter in email format.

Also, for immunizations, I'm pretty sure I'm up to date on my vaccines , but I don't have a PCP right now. What do I do? Do I just ask my last PCP to provide proof of immunization?
I got the same email about the criminal background check, its a glitch in their system.

If someone who has been admitted and gone through the admission process can better clarify what the next steps are it would be greatly appreciated!

• Love

Also, for immunizations, I'm pretty sure I'm up to date on my vaccines , but I don't have a PCP right now. What do I do? Do I just ask my last PCP to provide proof of immunization? Can I do the blood titer thing at Urgent Care?

Congrats on your acceptance!! You should have gotten an email with a link to the admitted students’ checklist which gives you all the info you need in order to meet matriculation requirements. Here is the link:

• Love

wow I think I'm more excited about your acceptance than my own!! been seeing your posts for a while!! looking forward to being classmates with ya!! :)

• Love
Reactions: 7 users

Also, for immunizations, I'm pretty sure I'm up to date on my vaccines , but I don't have a PCP right now. What do I do? Do I just ask my last PCP to provide proof of immunization?
Holy Guacamole! Congrats! I think I speak for others when I say I was secretly praying for you. The forms you need are the acceptance reply form, the title VII form, and the immunization form. For the immunization form, I talked to a nurse at my old pediatrician's office she handed the form to a doctor and he signed it. No appointment or insurance needed. Welcome to the show!

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Still stuck on WL also :/ today definitely made me lose a lot of hope seeing all this movement
Yeah this definitely was a huge blow to my hopes too. Trying to turn my attention to the other school's I'm waitlisted at but might have to come to terms with the A across the country. I've been procrastinating that A soo much lol

I'm a firm believer in the saying that whatever is meant to happen will happen. Can't say it doesn't hurt tho

Reactions: 6 users
wow I think I'm more excited about your acceptance than my own!! been seeing your posts for a while!! looking forward to being classmates with ya!! :)
Thank you!!!!! I appreciate it :) I look forward to being classmates with you, also :)

Holy Guacamole! Congrats! I think I speak for others when I say I was secretly praying for you. The forms you need are the acceptance reply form, the title VII form, and the immunization form. For the immunization form, I talked to a nurse at my old pediatrician's office she handed the form to a doctor and he signed it. No appointment or insurance needed. Welcome to the show!
Thank you so much! I appreciate the prayers :) I'm so glad we are all going to be classmates!

That last part is so encouraging! She hasn't been my PCP since 2019, and I was about to start with a new PCP and then COVID hit. I think I'll do what you described, give them the part 3 of the form, and then fax it to NYIT. I'm sure if I had a legit issue getting it done within two weeks, I could contact the school and they could help me out.

I always have this nightmare scenario in my mind of getting in but now being able to complete the admissions requirements and will then not be able to start med school.:eek:

Thank you so much! I appreciate the prayers :) I'm so glad we are all going to be classmates!

That last part is so encouraging! She hasn't been my PCP since 2019, and I was about to start with a new PCP and then COVID hit. I think I'll do what you described, give them the part 3 of the form, and then fax it to NYIT. I'm sure if I had a legit issue getting it done within two weeks, I could contact the school and they could help me out.

I always have this nightmare scenario in my mind of getting in but now being able to complete the admissions requirements and will then not be able to start med school.:eek:

for my other acceptance, I literally went to a walk in clinic and they drew blood and they gave me my titers the next day

• Love

Oh, they have those glitches all the time. Be prepared for that during the year. Like I would get an email saying I have to remediate the semester, and then on said oops MB, and then another one that said summer research opportunities.

You can get everything you need for immunization at any urgent care. For PCP, you can just list whoever saw you at the urgent care.

• Love
Yeah this definitely was a huge blow to my hopes too. Trying to turn my attention to the other school's I'm waitlisted at but might have to come to terms with the A across the country. I've been procrastinating that A soo much lol

I'm a firm believer in the saying that whatever is meant to happen will happen. Can't say it doesn't hurt tho
Wow I also have an A across the country! Obviously I'm super thankful to be accepted somewhere, but leaving the state I spent my entire life in was not the ideal :(

• Sad
Reactions: 3 users