2019-2020 Morehouse

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thats not accurate. That would imply that the entire class comes from the waitlist. To my knowledge, they said about half of the class comes from the waitlist which would be about 50 or so

Actually it might be accurate. They probably accept about 100 applicants off of the waitlist by the end of the cycle. Since Morehouse isn’t everyone’s top choice about 50 end up accepting the offer

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Actually it might be accurate. They probably accept about 100 applicants off of the waitlist by the end of the cycle. Since Morehouse isn’t everyone’s top choice about 50 end up accepting the offer
The class is only 100. About half drop initial acceptance and about half get in off the alternate list

Thats not accurate. That would imply that the entire class comes from the waitlist. To my knowledge, they said about half of the class comes from the waitlist which would be about 50 or so
this actually is pretty accurate, a lot of people accepted off the wait list take acceptances at other schools

Reactions: 1 user
does anyone know the chances if morehouse has been completely silent towards us !! ?

Reactions: 4 users
this actually is pretty accurate, a lot of people accepted off the wait list take acceptances at other schools
Do you know when we should expect to see waitlist movement?

I got accepted off of the wait list last year around feb 20th

Reactions: 6 users
does anyone know the chances if morehouse has been completely silent towards us !! ?

I'm in the same boat as you. I'm hoping there is still a chance. Keep positivity alive! :xf::)

Reactions: 1 users
Is Morehouse sending out any more IIs? Are there any interview dates for March?

Is Morehouse sending out any more IIs? Are there any interview dates for March?
I got my II a little over two weeks ago and all four dates that were given were in March.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm in the same boat as you. I'm hoping there is still a chance. Keep positivity alive! :xf::)
Thank you !!! Love the encouragement my mom keeps telling me that I need to have faith that whatever will happen will be for my good !! Good luck to you !

Reactions: 3 users
Thank you !!! Love the encouragement my mom keeps telling me that I need to have faith that whatever will happen will be for my good !! Good luck to you !
Good luck to you all. I interviewed at Morehouse in January and must say it's a great school.

Does anyone know what this MD second look event is about? The flyer had no real details about the event.

Your mother is a very wise woman! Good luck to you as well! :giggle:

Reactions: 5 users
Does anyone know what this MD second look event is about? The flyer had no real details about the event.
From what I know about second look events in general, I would imagine that they'll be wining and dining accepted applicants who are still on the fence about which school to attend. I have already committed to this school, however, so I'll most likely choose to save my money and not go. But, you're right; it's odd that absolutely no details were provided.

From what I know about second look events in general, I would imagine that they'll be wining and dining accepted applicants who are still on the fence about which school to attend. I have already committed to this school, however, so I'll most likely choose to save my money and not go. But, you're right; it's odd that absolutely no details were provided.
Thank you! I wasn't sure, but that's what I assumed. I've already made up my mind and I'm committed to MSM too!

Thank you! I wasn't sure, but that's what I assumed. I've already made up my mind and I'm committed to MSM too!
Hey, make sure you check out the email that MSM recently sent out; there is an attached housing form for applicants who live out-of-state. I am now considering attending the event, since I would not have to worry about making hotel arrangements!

Hey, make sure you check out the email that MSM recently sent out; there is an attached housing form for applicants who live out-of-state. I am now considering attending the event, since I would not have to worry about making hotel arrangements!
I have, but I'm going to sit this one out. I may be driving down to look at apartments though.

I interviewed on Jan 10 and still have not heard back from MSM

Just received my R! Good luck to everyone!
Don't give up hope. Every school that rejected me last cycle, invited me for interview this cycle including Morehouse. Believe in yourself and know that you will make it. I wish you luck in everything.

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Don't give up hope. Every school that rejected me last cycle, invited me for interview this cycle including Morehouse. Believe in yourself and know that you will make it. I wish you luck in everything.
Thanks so much! What did you do differently ?

Thanks so much! What did you do differently ?
I improved my MCAT significantly and wrote my essays without loosing my voice. I was simply myself this time. Present yourself as you and not who you think the school wants to see. Good luck mate!

Just received an interview invite! Dates available for March 4, 7, 13, and 27.

Reactions: 10 users
Does anybody know when those on the post-interview waitlist might hear back?

1.) I have an interview here next week and am very nervous. What did everyone think of the interviews here?

2.) Does this school do post-II rejections?

II earlier today! :D Dates available throughout March!

1.) I have an interview here next week and am very nervous. What did everyone think of the interviews here?

2.) Does this school do post-II rejections?
First things first, be relaxed. But, also come prepared. I took notes beforehand on MSM’s mission statement and made sure to have a good grasp on why I chose medicine as well as why I feel like this school would be a good fit for me. Keep in mind that HBCU’s are very protective about who they allow into their space, so being as sincere as possible will work to your advantage. Above all else, expect to be treated and fed very well...and, smile!

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
First things first, be relaxed. But, also come prepared. I took notes beforehand on MSM’s mission statement and made sure to have a good grasp on why I chose medicine as well as why I feel like this school would be a good fit for me. Keep in mind that HBCU’s are very protective about who they allow into their space, so being as sincere as possible will work to your advantage. Above all else, expect to be treated and fed very well...and, smile!
To answer your other question, I’m not sure. I would expect so, but don’t worry about that yet. Dr. Jordan (the director of admissions) made it very clear that even being invited is a huge accomplishment given how few applicants they invite for interviews as compared to how many applications they receive, so I would imagine that the post-II acceptance rate is fairly decent.

I spoke to Dr. Jordon, the Director of Admissions, today, and she told me if you didn't receive an interview invite by the end of this week, then it's a wrap for this cycle.

Just received my II last night!

Also, I live in ATL, so ask me any questions about housing you have.

Plus, the only available interview date I saw was March 27th. It's coming to a close, guys.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 10 users
I spoke to Dr. Jordon, the Director of Admissions, today, and she told me if you didn't receive an interview invite by the end of this week, then it's a wrap for this cycle.

Just received my II last night!

Also, I live in ATL, so ask me any questions about housing you have.

Plus, the only available interview date I saw was March 27th. It's coming to a close, guys.
When did you apply/was your application complete?

Hey Everyone! I am currently a first-year student at MSM. For those accepted, Welcome to the MSM Family! Our class has created a Facebook page for all the accepted candidates where you guys can ask us questions about the upcoming year. Please don't create any pages yourself since the current first-years won't be able to join. I've attached the link below. We'll add you once we have checked with admin on your acceptance. For those still waiting to hear back, good luck!

• Love
Has anyone’s upcoming interviews been affected by COVID-19?
Interviewed on Friday. They cancelled the Grady tour part of the interview day, and there weren't too many students on campus but everything else they tried to keep normal. Not sure if they'll keep it moving forward, though.