2019-2020 Morehouse

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I was able to get into contact with the leasing agent for the new housing complex (it’s called Entra West End), and this was the information I was provided with, for anyone who is wondering:
PNG image.png

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
The proximity is appealing, but I will personally be looking for cheaper places with more square footage.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm not sure if I want to live in that area. I'm used to living in rural areas and suburbs.
I've lived in the suburbs all my life and still currently live in the suburbs of Atlanta right now but. I hate driving in the city. I'd rather walk 2 minutes to class
I was able to get into contact with the leasing agent for the new housing complex (it’s called Entra West End), and this was the information I was provided with, for anyone who is wondering: View attachment 290554
Yikes! Lmao

Has anyone who submitted their primary in late October received a secondary application or a rejection letter yet? I submitted mine on Oct 25th and received a confirmation email but still no further contact. Any people in the same boat here?

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone who submitted their primary in late October received a secondary application or a rejection letter yet? I submitted mine on Oct 25th and received a confirmation email but still no further contact. Any people in the same boat here?
Yes! I submitted my secondary in mid October. And still nothing.

Same boat. I sent my stuff in like beginning of September I believe, still no secondary

I submitted my primary in late September, received my secondary a few days later. I didn't submit my secondary application until Nov. 19th and was confirmed on Dec. 2. I have not heard back from them since. Hoping to hear something between this week and next week.

Same boat. I sent my stuff in like beginning of September I believe, still no secondary
The secondary deadline was yesterday 1/3. Did you check your spam folder? I got the secondary within the same day after I sent my primary.

The secondary deadline was yesterday 1/3. Did you check your spam folder? I got the secondary within the same day after I sent my primary.
:/ oh wasn’t aware of that and yes i religiously check my spam folder, but I still haven’t received anything. I even sent updates twice. One at the end of October and the other one Jan 2nd; To which they responded:
“Great work! Thank you for this update.

Best,

MD Admissions”

So now I don’t know what to think

so excited for my 01/24 interview, this is my top choice! :D

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Submitted my secondary the first week of August, portal/checklist thing said my app was complete so I assumed I was, and just got a complete email this past weekend o_O

Complete on 8/28, sent an update this week and received a II three days later!

Reactions: 4 users
anybody get off the post-interview waitlist yet? :/

I sent an email inquiring about the status of my application. The response I received was, "Applications are currently under review. Best." on January 14th. Not very informational at all.

Has anyone who completed their secondary application in November heard anything yet?

I sent an email inquiring about the status of my application. The response I received was, "Applications are currently under review. Best." on January 14th. Not very informational at all.

Has anyone who completed their secondary application in November heard anything yet?
I completed my secondary in November and haven’t heard anything either.

Completed Sept 19th but they needed an additional science letter, so they had everything by Oct 1st and still haven’t heard anything

It has been complete radio silence for MSM. Are they a little behind with interviewing and accepting students? I got a II pretty fast and haven't heard anything since (secondary submitted Nov 2019). Anyone else got accepted? Received an update? Know what is going on with the process?

It has been complete radio silence for MSM. Are they a little behind with interviewing and accepting students? I got a II pretty fast and haven't heard anything since (secondary submitted Nov 2019). Anyone else got accepted? Received an update? Know what is going on with the process?
At my interview earlier this month they stated they’re still having interviews. They said for our group we should hear back towards the end of February. Not sure what’s been said for earlier groups.

Completed my secondary in July and received an email shortly after saying "Morehouse School of Medicine is pleased to acknowledge receipt of your supplemental application. Your application is now complete and will be screened for a possible interview" then didn't hear anything until today when I received an email saying "Thank you for submitting your supplemental application. You will receive a confirmation of completion email once your application is complete" but my application is complete

Not sure what the difference is between the two emails/if I was sent the second one by mistake?

At my interview earlier this month they stated they’re still having interviews. They said for our group we should hear back towards the end of February. Not sure what’s been said for earlier groups.
Thank you for the update.

Completed my secondary in July and received an email shortly after saying "Morehouse School of Medicine is pleased to acknowledge receipt of your supplemental application. Your application is now complete and will be screened for a possible interview" then didn't hear anything until today when I received an email saying "Thank you for submitting your supplemental application. You will receive a confirmation of completion email once your application is complete" but my application is complete

Not sure what the difference is between the two emails/if I was sent the second one by mistake?
Once you submit your secondary application your file has to be considered "complete". So the second email is just stating that your file is complete and technically ready for committee review.

Has anyone that's been accepted gotten anything in terms of communication since the original acceptance?

• Sad
Hi everyone,

Everything for me was confirmed as of Oct. 14 (secondary etc.) but I have not heard anything else. Is anyone else still in this position? I assume rejection will happen at this point.

Thanks

Hi everyone,

Everything for me was confirmed as of Oct. 14 (secondary etc.) but I have not heard anything else. Is anyone else still in this position? I assume rejection will happen at this point.

Thanks

Hello! I am in the same boat. Confirmed on Dec. 2nd. I haven’t heard anything either.

I will be withdrawing from my application and interview I hope one of you all gets it!

If anyone has canceled or withdrawn an interview at the school could you send me the contact information?

Anybody placed on hold post-interview here anything yet?

In case anyone was interested, Admissions sent me the welcome packet on friday and second look is March 20-22

patiently waiting :(

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-02-11 at 12.10.34 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-02-11 at 12.10.34 PM.png
    102.5 KB · Views: 186
patiently waiting :(
Thats not accurate. That would imply that the entire class comes from the waitlist. To my knowledge, they said about half of the class comes from the waitlist which would be about 50 or so

Thats not accurate. That would imply that the entire class comes from the waitlist. To my knowledge, they said about half of the class comes from the waitlist which would be about 50 or so
I know the numbers aren't accurate, but I am aware that half the people on the waitlist get off and make up a good portion of the class. Thanks for the more accurate numbers!