2019-2020 Michigan State University College of Osteopathic Medicine (MSUCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II just an hour ago!! Complete 8/6 OOS LizzyM 67

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Canadian sitting here in silence like :(

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if this school is responsive to ITA emails? I'm interviewing at an MD school in the area, and tickets were EXPENSIVE. I attempted to call the admissions office, but nobody answered :(

Is anyone else starting to get worried? I have been complete since the end of June and have not heard anything back. I wonder if it would be appropriate to reach out to them if I reach the three month mark of having been complete.

Edit 1: Thoughts?
Edit 2: I see others are feeling the same way. Hang in there!
Edit 3: So I did email them and received a generic response. Do not waste your time if you are considering reaching out to them.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Is anyone else starting to get worried? I have been complete since the end of June and have not heard anything back. I wonder if it would be appropriate to reach out to them if I reach the three month mark of having been complete.

Edit 1: Thoughts?
Edit 2: I see others are feeling the same way. Hang in there!
I think about this often. However, it actually is still early in the cycle (in terms of receiving an II and interviewing). I would advise against calling. If you do want to call, what would you ask? It may also not be a good look but then again I dont know
I will personally call at the end of October/start of November. The DO app cycle typically runs longer and they interview until late Spring.

I think about this often. However, it actually is still early in the cycle (in terms of receiving an II and interviewing). I would advise against calling. If you do want to call, what would you ask? It may also not be a good look but then again I dont know
I will personally call at the end of October/start of November. The DO app cycle typically runs longer and they interview until late Spring.
If I do reach out to them it will probably be via email. I would say something akin to "I would like to know the status of my application given that I have been complete for 90 days". I suppose my logic is that this school is my number one choice, so I would like to know sooner rather than later if I am going to have to make other plans.

If I do reach out to them it will probably be via email. I would say something akin to "I would like to know the status of my application given that I have been complete for 90 days". I suppose my logic is that this school is my number one choice, so I would like to know sooner rather than later if I am going to have to make other plans.
Yea i understand where youre coming from and feel the same.
Im sure others will chime in and recommend the next action step

Does anyone know if this school is responsive to ITA emails? I'm interviewing at an MD school in the area, and tickets were EXPENSIVE. I attempted to call the admissions office, but nobody answered :(

Just wanted to bump this to see if anyone knew! Thanks :)

ACCEPTED!! good luck to everyone waiting to hear back!

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Do we have to pay the deposit now to secure our campus location preference? (It says deadline is in Dec 1 2019)

are there any recent threads comparing the pros and cons of each campus site (EL, MC, and DMC)? If not, any current students or alums have any advice?

Last edited:
are there any recent threads comparing the pros and cons of each campus site (EL, MC, and DMC)? If not, any current students or alums have any advice?
Thats what I am trying to figure out right now

IS, unbalanced MCAT: 499 (127,122,126,124), GPA: 3.97, complete 9/10, ORM.
Do I have hope? I know other parts of the application factors in, but would they put away my application to review later (to fill waitlist) because of MCAT score? It doesn't seem like they review application chronologically.
I got an interview for 8/15 with a 499. I got my 511 score post-interview which I think helped in my acceptance but I still think you have a shot

Accepted!! OOS, LM 64.5, interviewed 8/30

Reactions: 6 users
Sorry if this was previously posted, but does anyone happen to know the post-interview acceptance rate for this school? particularly for IS students?

Hi everyone! I am a current 1st year at MSUCOM and would be more than happy to answer any questions you may have (admissions, what it's like to be at MSUCOM, etc.) Feel free to slide in the PMs I'll try to help out as much as possible! Good luck to everyone applying :)

Hi everyone! I am a current 1st year at MSUCOM and would be more than happy to answer any questions you may have (admissions, what it's like to be at MSUCOM, etc.) Feel free to slide in the PMs I'll try to help out as much as possible! Good luck to everyone applying :)
Were you OOS?? If so, when did you recieve an interview?

To those that have already interviewed, was there a place for storage of luggage during interview day? I’m planning on heading straight to the airport after. Please advise. Thanks.

Hey everyone! Has anyone who interviewed on August 30th and is not OOS heard anything back yet?

• Wow
Canadian here, 3.95/518. Submitted secondary late July. Not heard anything from them yet.

To those that have already interviewed, was there a place for storage of luggage during interview day? I’m planning on heading straight to the airport after. Please advise. Thanks.

yup

Have been complete since July 4th. Does it seem like I still have a chance?? In state applicant. This is my top choice school!

Have been complete since July 4th. Does it seem like I still have a chance?? In state applicant. This is my top choice school!
You definitely do!! I was complete earlier than that and JUST got an interview (IS as well). Sit tight! The waiting game is not fun ! It’s still super early