2019-2020 Michigan State University College of Osteopathic Medicine (MSUCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone gotten a II without getting the "your application is complete" email?

Members don't see this ad :)
Anybody else with a submitted secondary prior to July still not received completion email?

I called them and they said sometimes the emails just don’t go through. They “resent” my completion email after I got off the phone. Haven’t heard anything else yet though!

Anyone else still not get an interview that was complete around 7/8? Seems like most people around that time already got interviews so I wasn’t sure it it’s a silent rejection

IS, 507 MCAT, 3.9 GPA
It's way too early in the cycle for you to get "silently rejected". Your submission date has (in most cases) no barring as to when you'll receive an interview invite. There are many others (myself included) who have been complete since June and haven't heard anything back yet. Besides, only four people in this thread have reported receiving an interview invite (two of them being out of state). That's hardly a significant sample size.

Edit: You also have great GPA and MCAT score! Assuming everything else is in place, there's no reason you shouldn't get an interview.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Anyone else still not get an interview that was complete around 7/8? Seems like most people around that time already got interviews so I wasn’t sure it it’s a silent rejection

IS, 507 MCAT, 3.9 GPA
Submitted 6/29 OOS here so maybe it’s just early.

I submitted my secondary app two weeks ago and I received a very strong letter of rec from the physician I am doing research under. I had the new letter sent to AACOMAS but I am unsure if MSUCOM will be able to see this new letter as I received it after submitting my secondary. Any advice would be appreciated.

I submitted my secondary app two weeks ago and I received a very strong letter of rec from the physician I am doing research under. I had the new letter sent to AACOMAS but I am unsure if MSUCOM will be able to see this new letter as I received it after submitting my secondary. Any advice would be appreciated.
They will add it, it just might take them so time to add it and for you to see it on the MSUCOM secondary app website. Or you can call them and they will add it to your app and you will be able to see it right away

Reactions: 1 user
For those of you who have not yet submitted your secondary, are you also experiencing difficulty with the portal? I cannot currently access this site.

For those of you who have not yet submitted your secondary, are you also experiencing difficulty with the portal? I cannot currently access this site.
I already submitted mine for this school, but the site might shut down at a certain time. I had this problem with other secondaries where they were only accessible during a certain time frame. Maybe try again in the morning. Hopefully that works!

Members don't see this ad :)
I already submitted mine for this school, but the site might shut down at a certain time. I had this problem with other secondaries where they were only accessible during a certain time frame. Maybe try again in the morning. Hopefully that works!

Working now! Thanks

Hey Y'all. Sorry if I'm being neurotic, but I was complete on 7/1 with a LizzyM of 70.3, 515, and IS and still haven't heard anything back yet. Does anybody know if it's possible I have gotten a silent rejection? The rest of my app was decent with clinical experience and research.

Hey Y'all. Sorry if I'm being neurotic, but I was complete on 7/1 with a LizzyM of 70.3, 515, and IS and still haven't heard anything back yet. Does anybody know if it's possible I have gotten a silent rejection? The rest of my app was decent with clinical experience and research.

Still so early. Not a lot of people have mentioned IIs recently. You have strong stats and you can still be offered an II until around April.

For the impact on your community question, can I include academic research in a lab that lead to a publication and another shortly (part volunteering over summer, rest was part of a thesis course)? Or is it just more volunteering-related?

I don't think there's a wrong answer here. As long as you feel that your research can contribute to progress within your community, I think that's valid.

Is anyone else having an issue with their letters on the portal? If I go to document status, it says that my letter packet was received, but it shows as incomplete under the status page, making my application incomplete as well.

Is anyone else having an issue with their letters on the portal? If I go to document status, it says that my letter packet was received, but it shows as incomplete under the status page, making my application incomplete as well.

How long has it been like that? Usually it just takes the staff to go in and confirm it even though the letters have been received.

How long has it been like that? Usually it just takes the staff to go in and confirm it even though the letters have been received.
I had just submitted the application, but I e-mailed them right away and they had it taken care of by this morning!

Just wanted to follow up on this since I also just submitted a letter after sending my secondary. Did they receive it? Or did you have to call/email?

Should I email them concerning my application completed status? I was completed 6/29 and haven't received anything. Or are others in the same boat as me?

Should I email them concerning my application completed status? I was completed 6/29 and haven't received anything. Or are others in the same boat as me?
I called them awhile ago and they said that sometimes the complete email just does not go through. They resent mine though just for comfort. They are super nice/helpful
!

It it is still very early in the application process so don't sweat it if you haven't heard any news yet.

Agree that you should feel free to contact the admissions office for any concerns! They're a good bunch and expect lots of phone calls/e-mails.

It is early still...but still there is alot of silence for MSUCOM lol other threads are loud

Reactions: 5 users
Hey everyone current 1st year, just finished summer semester :) Let me know if you have any questions

Reactions: 2 users
Just wanted to follow up on this since I also just submitted a letter after sending my secondary. Did they receive it? Or did you have to call/email?
I logged into my secondary app and went to letters of rec and it was submitted to the secondary app right after being sent to AACOMAS. So check the secondary app and see if it is there.

I logged into my secondary app and went to letters of rec and it was submitted to the secondary app right after being sent to AACOMAS. So check the secondary app and see if it is there.

Yep! Happened for me as well, easier than I thought it’d be.

If this helps for the people worried about silent rejections, I'm currently a second-year and when I applied, my app was complete by July but I didn't get an interview invite until March. So not getting an early interview even though your app was complete early doesn't mean anything.

• Love
Reactions: 11 users
For the "What is your impact on your community" question, did you guys answer for your hometown/undergrad/somewhere else? I lived in the same spot for 18 years, college several hours away for 4, and after college I moved to a new location.. so not sure if I should touch upon all, the most recent, or just pick one.

For the "What is your impact on your community" question, did you guys answer for your hometown/undergrad/somewhere else? I lived in the same spot for 18 years, college several hours away for 4, and after college I moved to a new location.. so not sure if I should touch upon all, the most recent, or just pick one.
I didn't understand it to be literally your community (like where you live). I took it to mean just how you impacted those around you (could be in any setting).

I didn't understand it to be literally your community (like where you live). I took it to mean just how you impacted those around you (could be in any setting).

Ah gotcha. Secondaries have burnt out my brain I didn't really consider that a possibility until you said that.

Also, follow-up question (in general, to anyone who knows) - is there an MCAT/GPA cutoff for OOS applications? The site says 80% of matriculants will be from MI. I'm curious because the allopathic side appears to have much lower MCAT/GPA data for OOS acceptances.