2019-2020 Michigan State University College of Osteopathic Medicine (MSUCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
When did I say I would do that? Paying for summer tuition with a loan allows me to buy time and have the opportunity to get off the waitlist from another school up until June which is when I would either withdraw my acceptance from MSUCOM if accepted elsewhere so the spot can go to someone else or commit to going to MSCOM.
When did I say I would do that? Paying for summer tuition with a loan allows me to buy time and have the opportunity to get off the waitlist from another school up until June which is when I would either withdraw my acceptance from MSUCOM if accepted elsewhere so the spot can go to someone else or commit to going to MSCOM.

Ahh I gotcha, my bad! I incorrectly interpreted it as you paying for and attending summer classes before getting off a waitlist. My friend knew someone that did that and it upset a lot of people.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Same , extremely confused and anxious .. I don’t know if I should consider calling them ? Do you think it’s a good idea

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It is not a bad idea to call and ask, they won't deny you because you called lol. But that is if they actually pick up the phone. I just do not know how they will call everyone on waitlist in one month if that is possible. Still have my hopes up tho.

Reactions: 1 users
It is not a bad idea to call and ask, they won't deny you because you called lol. But that is if they actually pick up the phone. I just do not know how they will call everyone on waitlist in one month if that is possible. Still have my hopes up tho.

I don’t think we can reach them through phone . Tried calling and got no response. I think the best thing is to just wait it out or email if we really need to ask about something . And omg ikr ?

Is the total summer tuition due in mid-May or are we supposed to pay the end of April? The dates on the StuInfo site doesn't seem to overlap with what their emails say.

Is the total summer tuition due in mid-May or are we supposed to pay the end of April? The dates on the StuInfo site doesn't seem to overlap with what their emails say.
Go by the dates they email as they are most up to date.
My question is if the loans we accept automatically get applied by those dates.

Someone posted in the Facebook group that they reached out to financial aid and were told there wouldn’t be a late fee if you pay before May 11tg

Hi everybody, my first post here. Has anyone heard or knows of any waitlist movement this week? Currently on the 1st tier waitlist and anxiously waiting for an email/call.

Hi everybody, my first post here. Has anyone heard or knows of any waitlist movement this week? Currently on the 1st tier waitlist and anxiously waiting for an email/call.

That’s my question as well ! Currently waitlisted and haven’t heard any news so far . April 30th is tomorrow , so hopefully some movement should happen in the next few days or week .

That’s my question as well ! Currently waitlisted and haven’t heard any news so far . April 30th is tomorrow , so hopefully some movement should happen in the next few days or week .

The admissions website says the "biggest waitlist movement" occurs late April-Mid May, but lasts till a week before classes start. I'm just hoping we hear something within the next two weeks!

Reactions: 2 users
The admissions website says the "biggest waitlist movement" occurs late April-Mid May, but lasts till a week before classes start. I'm just hoping we hear something within the next two weeks!
There are a lot of people on the waitlist for numerous schools this year. So it is not only MSUCOM. Again, hopefully these next days we will hear some good news.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I hope they call some people today. It doesn't have to be me yet as long as the list is moving.

Reactions: 6 users
Thanking me for expressing my interest in MSUCOM...my heart dropped when I saw it.
Well atleast they are sending emails. It has been pretty dry couple of weeks.

Will be withdrawing my acceptance soon. Hopefully it goes to one you amazing people on the waitlist :)

Reactions: 8 users
Omg Congratulations!! Like you legit just got the call? What area code ?

517! I thought it was my 25th robo call about my cars warranty or whatever but then it said lansing and my heart dropped lol

517! I thought it was my 25th robo call about my cars warranty or whatever but then it said lansing and my heart dropped lol

If you don’t mind me asking , are you T1? And when we’re you waitlisted I’m T1 and haven’t heard anything yet . Did they mention if they had more calls to make ?

Last edited:
Also just accepted off the T1 waitlist about an hour ago!

Mid-march

Did they mention if they were calling anyone else ? My guess is it’s after 5 so the calls are probably going to stop today ? But I still have hope

Did they mention if they were calling anyone else ? My guess is it’s after 5 so the calls are probably going to stop today ? But I still have hope

She did not mention any other calls and I didn't think to ask. I was getting accosted by everyone at my work, I'm sorry. But I'm sure there will be more acceptances to go around soon! Praying for you guys because I know exactly what it feels like to wait. Good luck!

Accepted off the T1 waitlist yesterday (kinda late, I know). Hopefully all of you get accepted soon.

Reactions: 4 users
Accepted off the T1 waitlist yesterday (kinda late, I know). Hopefully all of you get accepted soon.
Congratulations!!!
When did you have your II and get placed in waitlist? I don’t think MSU has a ranked waitlist so I think they are getting to people that interviewed in late February/early March and got waitlisted end March/ early April

Congratulations!!!
When did you have your II and get placed in waitlist? I don’t think MSU has a ranked waitlist so I think they are getting to people that interviewed in late February/early March and got waitlisted end March/ early April
Thanks. I had my interview back in September and was waitlisted early October, so yeah that wait was harsh. My guess is they are now pulling from the waitlists regardless of when you interviewed??

Last edited:
Withdrew my acceptance to the school today, hope one of you are picked from the waitlist!

Reactions: 5 users
Waitlist movement has been quite silent here *sigh*
It seems like next week has to be the week !! As may 15 is coming up next Friday !! Hoping for more waitlist movement soon

Waitlist movement has been quite silent here *sigh*
It seems like next week has to be the week !! As may 15 is coming up next Friday !! Hoping for more waitlist movement soon

We may not see a lot of movement on May 15. About 85% of MSUCOM students are IS. I don't think there will be many who would choose a OOS DO school over a good IS DO school... so not a lot of spaces will open up on May 15. This school's waitlist movement is largely dependent on the movement of MD schools, which has been really slow this year. I am sure MD schools will start moving later, but we won't benefit from it caz this school won't offer acceptance after first week of June. I hope MD starts moving a little faster now.

Based on facebook group, it seems like about 20 people were pulled off the waitlist so far. At this time, last year, there were about 100 accepted off the waitlist. Being on T1 and knowing 100% T1 were accepted last year, I don't even have the motivation to prepare for next cycle.

We may not see a lot of movement on May 15. About 85% of MSUCOM students are IS. I don't think there will be many who would choose a OOS DO school over a good IS DO school... so not a lot of spaces will open up on May 15. This school's waitlist movement is largely dependent on the movement of MD schools, which has been really slow this year. I am sure MD schools will start moving later, but we won't benefit from it caz this school won't offer acceptance after first week of June. I hope MD starts moving a little faster now.

Based on facebook group, it seems like about 20 people were pulled off the waitlist so far. At this time, last year, there were about 100 accepted off the waitlist. Being on T1 and knowing 100% T1 were accepted last year, I don't even have the motivation to prepare for next cycle.
That’s true I think it does depend on MD schools. Since you said 20 have got pulled of waitlist. How many are in each tier?

Also do you guys think they’ll extend the deadline instead of first week of June it’ll be later on? I hope they do since it’ll give them and us more time!!

That’s true I think it does depend on MD schools. Since you said 20 have got pulled of waitlist. How many are in each tier?

This is my question as well how many people are on each tier because there are a quite a few of us still on the first tier that haven’t been called ! And I hope they extend the deadline past first week of June a bit , but wouldn’t that be unlikely unless they postpone the start of classes ?

This is my question as well how many people are on each tier because there are a quite a few of us still on the first tier that haven’t been called ! And I hope they extend the deadline past first week of June a bit , but wouldn’t that be unlikely unless they postpone the start of classes ?

Just talked to one of my friends who got accepted and they are just having online classes. But the labs have been extended. I want to email the school to ask of what’s going on but I doubt they will answer. It’s just frustrating tbh.

I read this in one of the previous two threads: there are 100 people in each tier and about 150-160 got off of them.

Also, classes will start second week of june. Some school calls till first day of classes but msucom wants to give every accepted student enuf time to prepare. It's highly unlikely that they will continue to offer acceptances after first week of June.

Hey guys! I know a few people who have recently accepted other offers at schools, so hopefully you're up next! Don't give up hope just yet.

Hey guys! I know a few people who have recently accepted other offers at schools, so hopefully you're up next! Don't give up hope just yet.

Thank you for sending this motivational post it’s been so silent this week , I was starting to lose hope

Thank you for sending this motivational post it’s been so silent this week , I was starting to lose hope

Highly recommend having someone close to you (and, more favorably, in medicine) cold call; it will definitely help your chances. I know people who have done this in the past and gotten in within a week.

Highly recommend having someone close to you (and, more favorably, in medicine) cold call; it will definitely help your chances. I know people who have done this in the past and gotten in within a week.

they won’t pick up. It is only email right now.

Thank you ! And people doing this for MSUCOM Specifically ? I’ve heard of this helping some but never knew someone that actually did it personally. And there’s the fear that it somehow negatively impacts you in some way lol ?That sounds really nice as you’re able to have someone vouch for you , but I don’t think they’re picking up their phones . I called a few times throughout April / May and it goes to voicemail . So , I guess communication has shifted to email

Good news, they're making acceptance calls! I just got one a few minutes ago. Good luck to you guys :)

Reactions: 5 users
Good news, they're making acceptance calls! I just got one a few minutes ago. Good luck to you guys :)

Congratulations!! And thank you hopefully we hear something soon !! Did they say if they’re calling anyone else ?

I guess they concluded the calls for today. We have to look forward to yet another week :(