2019-2020 Florida State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Since there hasn't been anyone mentioning II's, I got one for late Feb like two weeks ago. I suspect they may be in March now but I am not sure :(

Members don't see this ad.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Completion email on 11/12:

“This is to notify you that your application for admission to the FSU COM is now complete and will be forwarded for review by the Office of Admissions.”

Doesn’t mean much, but thought I’d share. Complete 10/11

Hey 'Nole friends! II yesterday, IS, LM 74, Secondary submitted Sept. 12, took I think the last Jan. position, still offering Feb dates.

Crossing my fingers for you all, would never have made it this far without the incredible support of the premed community.

Reactions: 9 users
Hey 'Nole friends! II yesterday, IS, LM 74, Secondary submitted Sept. 12, took I think the last Jan. position, still offering Feb dates.

Crossing my fingers for you all, would never have made it this far without the incredible support of the premed community.
Congrats! Good luck! What are your stats if you don’t mind sharing?

Anyone else from interview dates 11/1 and 11/4 freaking out about not hearing back yet? Hoping they send out the emails today or tomorrow!! So anxious

FSU show me some II love plzzzzzz

Reactions: 5 users
Did anyone else who interviewed feel like one of the interviewers tried to do a “stress” interview? I was under the impression that the interviews here were very laidback but I felt like one of mine was very intense, which I did not expect.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone else who interviewed feel like one of the interviewers tried to do a “stress” interview? I was under the impression that the interviews here were very laidback but I felt like one of mine was very intense, which I did not expect.
What do you mean by stress? Like ask tough questions that make you think on your feet? Just asking since I got one in a couple months.

Also what it a student interview?

I interviewed last year & this year and both times felt as though one of my interviewers was putting pressure on me. They both kinda disagreed and challenged pretty much all of my answers and asked pretty tough questions that were very specific.

I interviewed last year & this year and both times felt as though one of my interviewers was putting pressure on me. They both kinda disagreed and challenged pretty much all of my answers and asked pretty tough questions that were very specific.
I should also add that it was mostly their tone/attitude that made it feel like a stress interview

Reactions: 2 users
I interviewed back in October and had one extremely relaxed interview that was completely conversational and the other one was definitely different in terms of being way more structured (the interviewer had pre written questions about my application to ask me) and I also got significantly more challenging / ethical questions. I don't feel like they do that on purpose but maybe they do

Accepted today!!

interviewed Nov 1!

Well those negative "tones/attitudes" didn't seem to matter much. Congrats!

Why do you think you got accepted this year and not last year when you interviewed? What changed?

Well those negative "tones/attitudes" didn't seem to matter much. Congrats!

Why do you think you got accepted this year and not last year when you interviewed? What changed?
Well for one I applied pretty late last year, and I didn’t have an outstanding amount of medical experience aside from average shadowing/volunteering. So my increase in medical experience by working full time as a scribe was a huge addition to my application. I also felt much more relaxed in the interview this year. I think I was more confident due to having more experience which led to better interviews overall as far as my responses

Well for one I applied pretty late last year, and I didn’t have an outstanding amount of medical experience aside from average shadowing/volunteering. So my increase in medical experience by working full time as a scribe was a huge addition to my application. I also felt much more relaxed in the interview this year. I think I was more confident due to having more experience which led to better interviews overall as far as my responses
What other volunteering experiences did you have by any chance? I have an II but I feel like my experiences are average also. I suppose speaking to the experiences well plays a role.

What other volunteering experiences did you have by any chance? I have an II but I feel like my experiences are average also. I suppose speaking to the experiences well plays a role.
As for healthcare volunteering, less than 100 hours volunteering at a local hospital in various positions during college. This year in my gap year I began volunteering at a free healthcare clinic weekly or biweekly.

for nonhealthcare experiences, I volunteered at camp boggy creek as a camp counselor for a week, and I also talked about dance marathon.

i also wanna add that I wrote about working throughout college as well since that is the reason I didn’t have as much time for volunteering.

Anyone else from interview dates 11/1 and 11/4 freaking out about not hearing back yet? Hoping they send out the emails today or tomorrow!! So anxious
Could you PM me? I think we might have had the same interviewer and I have a couple questions

What should we include in the updates? If we still haven’t received the completion email after 1 month since I submitted my secondaries.

I would probably call the admissions office to see if you’re application is complete then send an update if you need to add things. I sent update after publishing two papers

I would probably call the admissions office to see if you’re application is complete then send an update if you need to add things. I sent update after publishing two papers
Should I call or just email? I thought they don’t like it when we call?

Should I call or just email? I thought they don’t like it when we call?

I haven’t heard that they didn’t like calls, if that’s true email I guess! I usually call admissions offices because I like to hear immediately haha.

Accepted! Interviewed two weeks ago

Reactions: 6 users
Can anyone who interviewed tell me how the interview process is like? Are you interviewed by 1 or two people?

Anyone that interviewed 11/22 or 11/25 have any insight on when we might hear back? Kinda thought it would be today but I know they mentioned Thanksgiving possibly impeding (just didn’t think it actually would). Super anxious!!

I got an II today around 10am this morning!

I also got an II yesterday around 10:00. Same dates were available.

Reactions: 3 users