2019-2020 Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine (VCOM-Virginia)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did anyone else get an email or text asking you to finish your secondary?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi guys,

I had a question regarding the secondary application. In the end, when I signed, for submission, I don't have a submit button. I tried switching browsers but it didn't pop up. Does anyone know how can I fix this problem? sorry if this was a stupid question :)

Hi guys,

I had a question regarding the secondary application. In the end, when I signed, for submission, I don't have a submit button. I tried switching browsers but it didn't pop up. Does anyone know how can I fix this problem? sorry if this was a stupid question :)

I would send a quick email to their office! I had problems submitting my payment, so it may be a similar thing. It would be a quick fix

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
does anyone know the average post-interview acceptance rate for IS?

anyone here apply last week of july and still haven't heard anything back?

I did. Applied 07/23. Haven't heard anything. Not sure if it means a rejection but I'm still holding out hope

Reactions: 1 users
I have an interview invite today but at the Louisiana campus. Is it possible to interview at the Virginia campus? Will I still be considered for the VA campus?
Or will they only consider me for LA? (I didnt even know there was an LA campus. First class is Fall 2020 and I dont want to be a part of a new medical school)

I have an interview invite today but at the Louisiana campus. Is it possible to interview at the Virginia campus? Will I still be considered for the VA campus?
Or will they only consider me for LA? (I didnt even know there was an LA campus. First class is Fall 2020 and I dont want to be a part of a new medical school)
I am not sure about interviewing. I know that if you are placed on the waitlist they can take you off and offer you a spot to another campus if one opens up. I am not sure if they consider you for all campuses when they interview you though.

I am not sure about interviewing. I know that if you are placed on the waitlist they can take you off and offer you a spot to another campus if one opens up. I am not sure if they consider you for all campuses when they interview you though.
ok ill call and ask
thank you!

i called and asked. You are only considered for one campus and only that campus. You can switch by directly calling the campus you want to be considered at.

How long did it take everyone to receive a secondary? They received my primary about 3 weeks ago and I haven’t heard anything yet.

How long did it take everyone to receive a secondary? They received my primary about 3 weeks ago and I haven’t heard anything yet.

VCOM usually takes 2-3 weeks. I would call in a few days, especially if you’re IS.

Members don't see this ad :)

I submitted my primary earlier this September and received my secondary invite the next day. Ohio resident, but currently in a masters program in PA.

can anyone on here provide their opinion on the interview? were the questions obscure or a different atmosphere? very nervous, so trying to prep beforehand

can anyone on here provide their opinion on the interview? were the questions obscure or a different atmosphere? very nervous, so trying to prep beforehand
The interview was very relaxed. Our group was about 8 people. But the questions themselves are very laid back. Some of them are designed to get to know you, while others tested your moral compass (what do you do if someone next to you is cheating?) I would say that the types of questions that were on SDN were very accurate for a vibe of the types of questions you will get.

The interview day was not stressful, so I would not stress. Take a deep breath and relax they are very nice and welcoming.

The interview was very relaxed. Our group was about 8 people. But the questions themselves are very laid back. Some of them are designed to get to know you, while others tested your moral compass (what do you do if someone next to you is cheating?) I would say that the types of questions that were on SDN were very accurate for a vibe of the types of questions you will get.

The interview day was not stressful, so I would not stress. Take a deep breath and relax they are very nice and welcoming.

Thank you! Where did you find those questions? Older posts for VCOM?

Thank you! Where did you find those questions? Older posts for VCOM?
It should be this link: Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine - Virginia

If that doesn't work you can go to the first page of this thread and click the link VCOM interview feedback. Then you can look through interview feedback and questions people were asked and their overall feeling of the interview day. It is very helpful

It should be this link: Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine - Virginia

If that doesn't work you can go to the first page of this thread and click the link VCOM interview feedback. Then you can look through interview feedback and questions people were asked and their overall feeling of the interview day. It is very helpful

Thank you so much! Hope to see you there, friend.

Thank you so much! Hope to see you there, friend.
Yeah good luck! I loved my interview day there and I am glad I was blessed enough to receive an acceptance! Hopefully you enjoy the interview day as well!

Yeah good luck! I loved my interview day there and I am glad I was blessed enough to receive an acceptance! Hopefully you enjoy the interview day as well!
Congratulations!!! When did you interview and when did you get an acceptance?

Hey! I looked over some of the questions on SDN and some don’t seem so laidback. Just wanted to clarify if they will ask heavy ethics questions/the unique questions like “Time Person of the Year” or if they were just older interviews.

Hey! I looked over some of the questions on SDN and some don’t seem so laidback. Just wanted to clarify if they will ask heavy ethics questions/the unique questions like “Time Person of the Year” or if they were just older interviews.
They asked ethics questions, but I wouldn't consider those "heavy ethics" questions. They are pretty straight forward about cheating or inapporiate behavior you might witness. I was asked about what should happend to a VCOM student if they recieve a DUI? (expulsion, probation). I think those questions are straight forward to answer if you just briefly think about how you will answer them.
My interviews were laid back. I talked about drumming with one MD for like 15 minutes and we watched a youtube video lol. The other interviewers asked me questions that were typical interivew questions (why VCOM, Why DO) and some questions to just get to know me (tell me about your job as a scribe, What was your favorite subject)

SDN is like a compilation of a bunch of interview feeback so you may see a few questions that seem more obscure, but the percentage of you getting a question like that is probably slim. But I would just be mentally ready to answer a question like that, you can't really know exactly what they will ask you

They asked ethics questions, but I wouldn't consider those "heavy ethics" questions. They are pretty straight forward about cheating or inapporiate behavior you might witness. I was asked about what should happend to a VCOM student if they recieve a DUI? (expulsion, probation). I think those questions are straight forward to answer if you just briefly think about how you will answer them.
My interviews were laid back. I talked about drumming with one MD for like 15 minutes and we watched a youtube video lol. The other interviewers asked me questions that were typical interivew questions (why VCOM, Why DO) and some questions to just get to know me (tell me about your job as a scribe, What was your favorite subject)

SDN is like a compilation of a bunch of interview feeback so you may see a few questions that seem more obscure, but the percentage of you getting a question like that is probably slim. But I would just be mentally ready to answer a question like that, you can't really know exactly what they will ask you

Wish my interviewers were laid back and tried to get to know me - at one school, one of the interviewers was too busy writing on a piece of paper and never made eye contact. Felt like a just committed a crime. Not my best performance, but definitely got my nerves out for my next interview. Thank you for sharing your experience! Sounds like you had a great time!

Thank you for your detailed response and kindness! You’re going to be a great doc. I got you for lunch on campus one day

Thank you for your detailed response and kindness! You’re going to be a great doc. I got you for lunch on campus one day
Yeah I would look over your application and essays. and then I would supplement with SDN questions and just be pretty comfortable with those and I think you will do great!!! I promise they are very nice and you will understand that when you get there to interview!!

Also thank you I appreciate it!!! I hope your interview day goes well and you have a positive experience!! Message me on here or privately if you have any other questions! GOODLUCK!

And I will take you up on that offer if we both go :) hahaha

I just wanted to ask if the admissions office is slow with communication, or is it just me. I have sent like two emails to them regarding the payment being marked waived, yet I don't see a submit button, and I got no response. Unless they take a while to respond, which I totally understand because they have so many apps to go through.

I just wanted to ask if the admissions office is slow with communication, or is it just me. I have sent like two emails to them regarding the payment being marked waived, yet I don't see a submit button, and I got no response. Unless they take a while to respond, which I totally understand because they have so many apps to go through.

They were very patient and cordial with me. Try calling at a reasonable hour and see! Good luck :)

for the CV section of the secondary am I supposed to put all of my experiences since high school graduation? even experiences that overlapped with college/grad school?

I guess I am just confused - on the primary I applied to both the VA and Carolinas campus. But the secondary sent seems like it applies to all? Did I make a mistake by applying to both on the primary? Or will I get another secondary?

I guess I am just confused - on the primary I applied to both the VA and Carolinas campus. But the secondary sent seems like it applies to all? Did I make a mistake by applying to both on the primary? Or will I get another secondary?

They have a choice for to designate a campus right? I talked about all the campuses in my secondary but selected VCOM-VA as primary campus. There is only one secondary.

They have a choice for to designate a campus right? I talked about all the campuses in my secondary but selected VCOM-VA as primary campus. There is only one secondary.
I guess I am confused as to why they allow there to be two primary applications and only have one secondary that functions for all?

Like was applying to both VCOM VA and VCOM Carolinas a waste of my money of the primary?

I guess I am confused as to why they allow there to be two primary applications and only have one secondary that functions for all?

Like was applying to both VCOM VA and VCOM Carolinas a waste of my money of the primary?
My understanding is that they will share your application among all the VCOM's if say VCOM VA or VCOM Carolinas gives you a pass. Technically you are saving money since you only have to pay 1 secondary fee while being considered at all the VCOMs if your first choice passes you up.

Edit: I guess you could also see it as the primary application cost is like a "secondary fee." Perspective I guess.

Hey I have an MCAT of 501 and have over 10,000 patient care experience, wrote that VCOM is my top school (because it is) but I submitted 9/9 and I haven't heard anything. But I guess this is the long haul, we could get interviews in February for all I know. All I want for Christmas is an interview...

Hey I have an MCAT of 501 and have over 10,000 patient care experience, wrote that VCOM is my top school (because it is) but I submitted 9/9 and I haven't heard anything. But I guess this is the long haul, we could get interviews in February for all I know. All I want for Christmas is an interview...

Which VCOM? I know the VCOM-VA likes high GPA and is low MCAT friendly. If you have over a 3.75 and are from the target states, I am confident you will eventually get a II!

Which VCOM? I know the VCOM-VA likes high GPA and is low MCAT friendly. If you have over a 3.75 and are from the target states, I am confident you will eventually get a II!
That's part of the problem, I'm in Illinois but I don't want to live here. Appalachia is my target living area, but I feel like I won't get into VCOM or any of the other southern schools because I'm not in a 'target state.'

I'm in their target state and still havent heard back lol. So dont worry. You'll get a chance

I’m from a target state w a 3.7 so I hope this is true for me too!

I have 5,000+ patient care hours as an RN and haven't heard anything either. It's just a waiting game, we just have to be patient and bust out the popcorn. (easier said than done)

Reactions: 2 users
Interview invite today!! Complete 7/19/19, from target state (NC), II schedule 11/04

I've been submitted for 2 and 1/2 months now. I'm from target state and its one of my top Choices . Should I give them call? Idk what to do.

I've been submitted for 2 and 1/2 months now. I'm from target state and its one of my top Choices . Should I give them call? Idk what to do.

I changed my top choice from Carolinas to Virginia