2019-2020 Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine (VCOM-Virginia)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
VCOM offered me a spot next year if I do not get in this year. I am a bit worried/stressed because I am studying to retake the MCAT (so I can apply to some MD programs next year) and now I don't know if I should keep studying or not, lol.

How did that work? Was conditional acceptance based on retaking the mcat or what?

Members don't see this ad.

How did that work? Was conditional acceptance based on retaking the mcat or what?
Oh no, it is guaranteed admission! They said if there are no spots this year, I will be accepted for next year. I was just planning on taking the MCAT again.

Reactions: 1 users
Oh no, it is guaranteed admission! They said if there are no spots this year, I will be accepted for next year. I was just planning on taking the MCAT again.
I got the same message a couple days ago

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hello everyone!
I need your help. I am scheduled for an interview on May 4th with VCOM Carolinas. Can you guys tell me some interview questions, things to watch out for, and any other details. I really want this to go well. The interview will be on ZOOM.

Thank you so much!!!

Hello everyone!
I need your help. I am scheduled for an interview on May 4th with VCOM Carolinas. Can you guys tell me some interview questions, things to watch out for, and any other details. I really want this to go well. The interview will be on ZOOM.

Thank you so much!!!
ummm i don't think its moral to tell you the interview questions as everyone went in blind. it's like someone telling you the questions to an exam beforehand. just be yourself. interview was conversational.

[QUOTE="Ezra_premed, post:
Hello everyone!

Thank you so much!!!
[/QUOTE]
To FutureDoc,
This isn’t a test or a race. I’d consider it immoral not to help out a peer when I have the ability to do so. They don’t have you sign NDAs after interviews. The MCAT does have you sign one that says you can’t talk about test material. You’ve probably asked many folks what they saw on their regardless of this. This is a time for camaraderie not competition. We are here to support our peer and rise together.
To Ezra,
When they say “so tell me about yourself.” Have your answer down flat and craft it in a way to highlight your connections to their mission and values. Also be ready for the “why us” and “why you questions”
Other than that, they invited you. They like you. Be confident in that and be calm. You’ll do great.

Reactions: 4 users
[QUOTE="Ezra_premed, post:
Hello everyone!

Thank you so much!!!
To FutureDoc,
This isn’t a test or a race. I’d consider it immoral not to help out a peer when I have the ability to do so. They don’t have you sign NDAs after interviews. The MCAT does have you sign one that says you can’t talk about test material. You’ve probably asked many folks what they saw on their regardless of this. This is a time for camaraderie not competition. We are here to support our peer and rise together.
To Ezra,
When they say “so tell me about yourself.” Have your answer down flat and craft it in a way to highlight your connections to their mission and values. Also be ready for the “why us” and “why you questions”
Other than that, they invited you. They like you. Be confident in that and be calm. You’ll do great.
[/QUOTE]
we can agree to disagree but a lot of schools who interviews make you sign some sort of an agreement saying you won't disclose specific questions. any and everyone should always be prepared for why medicine, tell me about yourself and for DO schools, why DO. those are all a given. any other specific questions would be overstepping as no one coming in had a one up on anyone else. everyone was on an even playing ground. it's not about helping or not helping someone. questions are all over the internet on how to prepare for an interview.

A lot of people have been saying ALL interviews would be done at the end of April, but people have been getting interviews for May 1 and May 4 etc, does anyone actually know when interviews end for DO schools or VCOM in particular? Are there delays due to COVID?

A lot of people have been saying ALL interviews would be done at the end of April, but people have been getting interviews for May 1 and May 4 etc, does anyone actually know when interviews end for DO schools or VCOM in particular? Are there delays due to COVID?
probably due to COVID tbh. most schools are going into may bc they had to delay some interviews when COVID started

Does VCOM take update letters or letters of interest/intent?

If anyone needs/looking for a female roommate at the Virginia campus, please let me know!

VCOM offered me a spot next year if I do not get in this year. I am a bit worried/stressed because I am studying to retake the MCAT (so I can apply to some MD programs next year) and now I don't know if I should keep studying or not, lol.
What are you reasons for wanting to apply to MD programs? any specialty you are interested in that would be difficult for a DO to apply to?

Has anyone heard about any waitlist movement?

I was told by admission that there is movement. They rank 20 people every 1-2 weeks to fill in unoccupied seats.
I’ve been on the waitlist since April and you?
January unfortunately. Thanks for the information!