2019-2020 Campbell University School of Osteopathic Medicine (CUSOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I had almost identical stats and I got rejected too :/

Ugh sorry to hear that ): At least we’re in it together!! Looking forward to hearing back from some other schools.

Members don't see this ad.

Don't mind at all! cgpa: 3.4, sgpa 3.0, MCAT 500
I didn't even get a secondary :(
I don’t know if this is your case but if your CP or BB sections are < 40th percentile I think it’s auto rejection. They make exceptions for CARS and PS though. Don’t worry, you’re going to get in somewhere and crush it!

Reactions: 1 users
I don’t know if this is your case but if your CP or BB sections are < 40th percentile I think it’s auto rejection. They make exceptions for CARS and PS though. Don’t worry, you’re going to get in somewhere and crush it!
I have a CP that is below the 40th percentile and I received a secondary. I don't know if this is due to other things I've done balancing out? I am non-traditional so...maybe?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I have a CP that is below the 40th percentile and I received a secondary. I don't know if this is due to other things I've done balancing out? I am non-traditional so...maybe?

I would think so. Mine was flagged for me below 40th p/s, but afterward received a secondary.

Ohhh that could be it. My Bio was definitely 39%. I suppose it could be a combination of factors, since I am also non-trad. Oh well- thank you!

Last edited:
Finally got an email saying my file is complete

Can someone confirm these prompts and give me a word limit? I'm leaving soon for vacation and want to ensure a quick response, if I get a secondary while I'm gone.

1. What makes you a good fit for the CUSOM mission?
2. Have you applied to med school in the past 2 years? How have you improved your application?
3. What tenets of the osteopathic philosophy stand out to you?
4. What five qualities do you have that will help build the climate at CUSOM?

The last question is:
"Have you submitted an application to another medical school within the last two years? If so, to what medical school(s) did you apply, and what improvements have you made to your application? Have you ever applied to CUSOM?"

If this is your first cycle applying, do they want you to list all the other schools you are applying to as well, or only if you had applied before?

Thanks! Good luck to all!

When did you submit your primary application, if you don't mind me asking?

Sorry, just saw this now! My AACOMAS was verified mid-June, and Campbell was already added at that point. I'm wondering if I got my secondary so late due to me living on the opposite side of the country with no ties to the SE USA whatsoever.

Can someone confirm these prompts and give me a word limit? I'm leaving soon for vacation and want to ensure a quick response, if I get a secondary while I'm gone.

1. What makes you a good fit for the CUSOM mission?
2. Have you applied to med school in the past 2 years? How have you improved your application?
3. What tenets of the osteopathic philosophy stand out to you?
4. What five qualities do you have that will help build the climate at CUSOM?
The first prompt is 1200 characters (including spaces) and all the rest are 2000

Reactions: 2 users
Please help! I’m in dilemma.

Soo I won’t be starting DO shadowing until 08/08. Would it be too late to update my primary on 08/15 (when I will be done w shadowing) with this experience and *then* add CUSOM?

Stats are 4.0 & 509 w MD shadowing, community initiative, and other EC’s. Want a good chance to get in

Members don't see this ad :)
Also Received rejection today without receiving a secondary.
3.21 cGPA 3.20 sGPA 512 MCAT all subsections >126 so a little confused because im just making the GPA cutoffs so I don't think it was a screening issue?

Last edited:
Please help! I’m in dilemma.

Soo I won’t be starting DO shadowing until 08/08. Would it be too late to update my primary on 08/15 (when I will be done w shadowing) with this experience and *then* add CUSOM?

Stats are 4.0 & 509 w MD shadowing, community initiative, and other EC’s. Want a good chance to get in
I had one DO shadow when I applied plus 140 MD shadow hours, but I put in the comments that I had scheduled another set of shadows for August. I'm shadowing a DO in the ER three different days. I think they appreciate the effort. Try to find a place in the secondaries, if you have already submitted your primaries.

GPA is a 3.6-3.7, (3.8 science), plus 511 MCAT.

Sorry for all of those who got rejected post-secondary, I know you guys will ace other applications fo sure!

I feel like I got super lucky having received one myself, and want to let others know that there's still hope.
I have a 3.4 cgpa, 3.26 sgpa, and 501 mcat. Now, whether I get an interview invite or not is another story... :cigar:

Just got the “your app is being sent for final review email”. Hoping to hear something soon.

I just got a rejection as well because of my MCAT. I was wondering where you heard this info about them making exceptions about CARS and PS? Both my CP and BB sections are above 50, but not my CARS and PS. Is it worth me reaching out, or is it too late for an exception?

Last edited:
I just got a rejection as well because of my MCAT. I was wondering where you heard this info about them making exceptions about CARS and PS? Both my CP and BB sections are about 50, but not my CARS and PS. Is it worth me reaching out, or is it too late for an exception?
Someone from last years forum reached out to admissions and got that reply. My application was sent to a prescreen committee this year because my CARS was <40th. However, the rest of my subsections were >50th. Maybe because you had two below 40th? It’s tough to say. I think they also had a 498 minimum in their website but I can’t remember. After looking on their website, if you don’t see anything I don’t think it would hurt to reach out and ask for clarification at this point.

I also got this. From past forums, this pre-screen is done for people with <40th percentile in CARS or P/S to see if they like our application enough to make an exception to their rule of >40% on all MCAT subsections.
Interesting. All of my sections were pretty well above 40%. Received my secondary last week!

Just got marked complete today! Hopefully we’ll see some more invites go out this week.

Pre-secondary rejection here. Don't recall my LizzyM but it was low-mid 60s. No subsection scores on MCAT below 70th percentile. They reviewed my app before my last LOR was in (my clinical letter, and I was told elsewhere on the forums that I SHOULD send in my app ASAP rather than wait), but based on the fact they rejected me now there were probably other deficits with my app. Oh well. Good luck y'all!
Edit: also, URM.

Last edited:
Has anyone submitted their primary without their physician letter and receive a secondary? I just started working with the physician who is writing my letter, so I am giving him some time to work with me more before he writes the letter. I don't want to submit a primary here if I'm just going to be rejected pre-secondary even though I will have all of the requirements eventually. If anyone has advice on this, I would greatly appreciate it!

Has anyone submitted their primary without their physician letter and receive a secondary? I just started working with the physician who is writing my letter, so I am giving him some time to work with me more before he writes the letter. I don't want to submit a primary here if I'm just going to be rejected pre-secondary even though I will have all of the requirements eventually. If anyone has advice on this, I would greatly appreciate it!
I would ask the admissions team.
In the secondary, they want applicants to designate what letters to look at for these requirements in the application. Their secondary took two weeks to come for me, and they indicated that they expect applicants fill out a secondary within three weeks. You should probably give your letter writer a month's notice, so you might just need to ask now anyway.

I would ask the admissions team.
In the secondary, they want applicants to designate what letters to look at for these requirements in the application. Their secondary took two weeks to come for me, and they indicated that they expect applicants fill out a secondary within three weeks. You should probably give your letter writer a month's notice, so you might just need to ask now anyway.
Yeah, I already have asked him and requested the letter through AMCAS and AACOMAS, but he just wanted more time to get to know me. But I emailed admissions and they said that they will see that a letter is coming, so they just won't review it until they get the letter!

Any recent IIs?
I just emailed them yesterday and they said that they are finalizing the interview schedule this week. They will start scheduling interviews next week.

Reactions: 6 users
I got an email saying my application was put on hold. Anyone know what this means or any history of people ever get off this hold?

Maybe there were some other red flag on your application. I don’t know

I also received the pre-screen email 10 days ago. 3.9 gpa 507 MCAT all subsections > 50th percentile. No red flags I could think of. Still waiting for a secondary.

Any recent news on interviews??

Secondary received 08/07. If I get a II I will update with stats.

Has anyone that received an interview gotten an interview date confirmation email?