This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
hi everyone. new member long time lurker.

I found this page back in april. honestly I kinda wish I hadn't because I wasn't aware of the rule changes and everyone's hypothesis of what was going to happen gave me a lot of hope and made me sure I was going to get in
2 waitlists and orientation for one of my schools is today. I know it's over but I'm so depressed and sad. also I put off studying/reapplying because I was hoping for the best/save money and now I'm super stressed and I have to do everything all at once. I took a year off to do all this and I can't believe it was all for nothing and I have to do it again. everything I have done has been with getting in as the end goal (I know everyone on here is the same) and it's just so disappointing that it seems for nothing.
I know we all feel the same but I needed to get it out. It's literally all I think about ever. So I guess I am glad I found this forum from one aspect because reading everybody's stuff has been helpful. Also congrats to everyone who has gotten in!
Keep your head up! It’s a long treacherous journey and sometimes it’s hard to see the light at the end. Things will get better but I know it sucks now. I think we have all gone through those same emotions of self-doubt and listlessness.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users

I found this page back in april. honestly I kinda wish I hadn't because I wasn't aware of the rule changes and everyone's hypothesis of what was going to happen gave me a lot of hope and made me sure I was going to get in
2 waitlists and orientation for one of my schools is today. I know it's over but I'm so depressed and sad. also I put off studying/reapplying because I was hoping for the best/save money and now I'm super stressed and I have to do everything all at once. I took a year off to do all this and I can't believe it was all for nothing and I have to do it again. everything I have done has been with getting in as the end goal (I know everyone on here is the same) and it's just so disappointing that it seems for nothing.
I know we all feel the same but I needed to get it out. It's literally all I think about ever. So I guess I am glad I found this forum from one aspect because reading everybody's stuff has been helpful. Also congrats to everyone who has gotten in!
Yup, there's no doubt it sucks. It's a feeling like you did everything right and got 2nd place but there's only space for 1st place on the podium. It hit me hard about two weeks ago and made it hard to sleep. It definitely wasn't all for nothing, even if it feels that way.

No idea if you're looking for advice. Don't let yourself wallow for long. Set up your plan of action quickly and start answering the important questions like, What holes do I see in my application? What holes do others see? Am I applying again this cycle? If not, what am I doing between now and next May to fill in the holes?

From a podcast I was listening to the other day, someone was referring the types of jobs that most people say you probably can't get (like doctor). The approach to it is a relentless persistence bordering on insanity. Astronaut Scott Kelly spoke of the same mindset in his book when he decided to become an astronaut. He was an academic failure and had to claw his way to each success. It will pay off.

Reactions: 3 users

I’m in the same boat with you. Going to retake mcat since it’s too late for me to reapply this cycle anyways now. You’re not alone

Members don't see this ad :)
Just wanted to hop in here. I went through the waitlist agony during the 2016-2017 cycle and ended up not getting in, took a year to beef up my application (including retaking the MCAT), and re-applied for 2019 matriculation. Now I'm in at my "dream school" (i.e., one of the ~15-20 schools I would've been ecstatic to attend even before my first cycle) and it feels so good knowing how much I've overcome to get here. I know that things didn't go exactly according to plan, and that it's easy for me to say this now that I'm on the other side, but I'm happy to discuss re-app or MCAT re-take plans with anyone who might need a sounding board - feel free to PM me. Otherwise, keep your head up, and best of luck.

Reactions: 15 users
Just wanted to hop in here. I went through the waitlist agony during the 2016-2017 cycle and ended up not getting in, took a year to beef up my application (including retaking the MCAT), and re-applied for 2019 matriculation. Now I'm in at my "dream school" (i.e., one of the ~15-20 schools I would've been ecstatic to attend even before my first cycle) and it feels so good knowing how much I've overcome to get here. I know that things didn't go exactly according to plan, and that it's easy for me to say this now that I'm on the other side, but I'm happy to discuss re-app or MCAT re-take plans with anyone who might need a sounding board - feel free to PM me. Otherwise, keep your head up, and best of luck.

Thank you

From a podcast I was listening to the other day, someone was referring the types of jobs that most people say you probably can't get (like doctor). The approach to it is a relentless persistence bordering on insanity. Astronaut Scott Kelly spoke of the same mindset in his book when he decided to become an astronaut. He was an academic failure and had to claw his way to each success. It will pay off.
Oh we're definitely insane. I was talking to a group of several M1s at my orientation and none of us had a true backup plan if med school didn't work out. Lol. We are so driven that, when it doesn't work out, it's crushing. But still, for your health, you gotta find ways to relax. It will work out eventually. I promise. It may not happen as quickly as you want, but it will work out. I got accepted this last July. I easily could have been you guys. I am incredibly lucky.

Reactions: 4 users
I've heard of a couple people getting in recently with less than week before classes started, missing orientation, etc. Not sure why this is still a pattern and seems like a stressful situation especially financially to figure everything out in less than a week.

What process did you take for re-taking the MCAT? I tok it the 1st time May 2018 right after my Junior year, so I prepared all throughout my junior year and was in the middle of taking the relevant courses that'd be on the MCAT. When re-taking the MCAT after college, after there's been a decent amount of time since learning about those subjects, what did you do to study and prepare for the MCAT to be successful?

Reactions: 1 users
I've heard of a couple people getting in recently with less than week before classes started, missing orientation, etc. Not sure why this is still a pattern and seems like a stressful situation especially financially to figure everything out in less than a week.
What don't you understand? Some people get cold feet or have something else happen that causes them to pull out at the last minute, or some hyper-considerate individuals hoard multiple acceptances until the bitter end because some schools tolerate it. Either way, given the overwhelming demand, every seat will be filled, regardless of how inconvenient or stressful it is for the lucky few who receive the last-minute call. The multiple acceptances could be stopped if the schools wanted them to; the other reasons are unavoidable and will never end.

The multiple acceptances could be stopped if the schools wanted them to; the other reasons are unavoidable and will never end.
Only the AAMC can stop this. The schools have no idea who is holding multiple acceptances.

Only the AAMC can stop this. The schools have no idea who is holding multiple acceptances.
The schools could stop it by using PTE/CTE, which would allow other schools to see the multiple acceptances. The other acceptances you can't see are at schools that do not require their candidates to select either PTE or CTE after 4/30. Also, schools that did not follow the protocol actually allowed their incoming students to hold multiple acceptances right up until the end.

The schools could stop it by using PTE/CTE, which would allow other schools to see the multiple acceptances. The other acceptances you can't see are at schools that do not require their candidates to select either PTE or CTE after 4/30. Also, schools that did not follow the protocol actually allowed their incoming students to hold multiple acceptances right up until the end.
There is nothing we can do to force another school to do anything.
Similarly, there is nothing we as schools can do to make acceptances visible to others.
These roles can only be performed by a central authority.

There is nothing we can do to force another school to do anything.
Similarly, there is nothing we as schools can do to make acceptances visible to others.
These roles can only be performed by a central authority.
Yes, totally understood!! I was trying to say that the issue is within the control of the schools that choose to tolerate it by not requiring use of the protocol. Since your school does use PTE/CTE, my understanding is that your acceptances are visible to others after 4/30.

Schools like yours are collateral damage insofar as you cannot see acceptances at schools that do not require PTE/CTE, and therefore you risk last minute withdrawals that are beyond your control, but the situation is entirely within the control of the schools that don't require PTE/CTE, since they could make their acceptances visible to you (and everyone else) by requiring PTE/CTE after 4/30.

Given the politics as you have previously described them, it seems very unlikely that your central authority is going to impose a requirement. Hopefully, however, the schools not using the protocol will realize they are not doing themselves (or anyone else, other than the selfish few procrastinators) any favors by allowing multiple acceptances to be held right into orientation, and will join the rest of the schools in using the protocol to put everyone on an even footing. Having each school independently agree to move to a common date after which everyone is required is required to select one school as PTE would allow orderly WL movement at a reasonable point in the cycle (May-June) and serve everyone's interest. I really hope you guys figure this out before it's my turn! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, totally understood!! I was trying to say that the issue is within the control of the schools that choose to tolerate it by not requiring use of the protocol. Since your school does use PTE/CTE, my understanding is that your acceptances are visible to others after 4/30.

Schools like yours are collateral damage insofar as you cannot see acceptances at schools that do not require PTE/CTE, and therefore you risk last minute withdrawals that are beyond your control, but the situation is entirely within the control of the schools that don't require PTE/CTE, since they could make their acceptances visible to you (and everyone else) by requiring PTE/CTE after 4/30.

Given the politics as you have previously described them, it seems very unlikely that your central authority is going to impose a requirement. Hopefully, however, the schools not using the protocol will realize they are not doing themselves (or anyone else, other than the selfish few procrastinators) any favors by allowing multiple acceptances to be held right into orientation, and will join the rest of the schools in using the protocol to put everyone on an even footing. Having each school independently agree to move to a common date after which everyone is required is required to select one school as PTE would allow orderly WL movement at a reasonable point in the cycle (May-June) and serve everyone's interest. I really hope you guys figure this out before it's my turn! :)
Schools can only see CTE (or PTE). We cannot enforce behaviors of candidates or schools.
Those things can only be enforced by a central authority.

Reactions: 4 users
Schools can only see CTE (or PTE). We cannot enforce behaviors of candidates or schools.
Those things can only be enforced by a central authority.
True, but obviously, if you could see PTE/CTE, you could enforce whatever policy you have against holding multiple acceptances after a certain date. The question is, without forcing any school to do anything, doesn't it serve the interests of the schools that do not require use of the tool (as well as every other school, such as yours) to not have candidates holding multiple acceptances until the bitter end???

Why do you think the holdout schools are tolerating this? Is it just because they know everyone's class will be filled, and they are indifferent to the logistical issues involved in the last minute WL movement, since it is so limited in scope, even though it would be so easy to solve?

True, but obviously, if you could see PTE/CTE, you could enforce whatever policy you have against holding multiple acceptances after a certain date. The question is, without forcing any school to do anything, doesn't it serve the interests of the schools that do not require use of the tool (as well as every other school, such as yours) to not have candidates holding multiple acceptances until the bitter end???

Why do you think the holdout schools are tolerating this? Is it just because they know everyone's class will be filled, and they are indifferent to the logistical issues involved in the last minute WL movement, since it is so limited in scope, even though it would be so easy to solve?

I don't think you understand at all - schools have zero control over applicants holding multiple acceptances. They cannot see which applicants are holding multiple acceptances. They only know how many students have multiple acceptances and not who they are. The schools are totally powerless to do anything. Your complaints need to be directed to AAMC, not to any "holdout" schools as you say.

I don't think you understand at all - schools have zero control over applicants holding multiple acceptances. They cannot see which applicants are holding multiple acceptances. They only know how many students have multiple acceptances and not who they are. The schools are totally powerless to do anything. Your complaints need to be directed to AAMC, not to any "holdout" schools as you say.
I'm not sure about that. Several people reported being removed from WLs after they CTEd elsewhere -- how did their schools know to remove them if they couldn't see the other CTE and identify the candidate?

My understanding (which I'm pretty sure is correct) is that schools CAN see who, among their WL and accepted candidates, are PTE/CTE elsewhere after 4/30, but they cannot identify the other schools, or see which candidates have other acceptances if the other schools do not require them to select PTE or CTE (the "holdout schools").

I also think there were reports after 4/30 of schools where candidates held multiple PTEs reached out to the candidates to tell them they had to go down to one. Again, how would the schools know who to contact if they couldn't identify the candidates?

There is understandably a lot of confusion around this, but I'm pretty sure the scenario you describe only applies to situations in which the accepted or WL candidate holds other acceptances at schools that do not require use of the tool. If they are not PTE/CTE, then yes, the school cannot identify them, and, apparently, AAMC only tells the school how many candidates are in that position, but not who they are, because they are apparently respecting the "holdout schools"' decision not to participate in the protocol.

The conflict between the rights of the schools that choose to use the protocol and don't want their candidates holding multiple acceptances after 4/30 and those of the "holdout schools" that are fine with their candidates holding multiple acceptances right up to the end is something that the schools will have to figure out, since AAMC has chosen to stay on the sidelines out of fear of litigation. I don't expect that to change, but it would be nice if the schools could get together, without anyone forcing anyone to do anything, and fix what isn't working so that the process works better for all schools and for WL candidates.

Last edited:
I'm not sure about that. Several people reported being removed from WLs after they CTEd elsewhere -- how did their schools know to remove them if they couldn't see the other CTE and identify the candidate?

My understanding (which I'm pretty sure is correct) is that schools CAN see who, among their WL and accepted candidates, are PTE/CTE elsewhere after 4/30, but they cannot identify the other schools, or see which candidates have other acceptances if the other schools do not require them to select PTE or CTE (the "holdout schools").

I also think there were reports after 4/30 of schools where candidates held multiple PTEs reached out to the candidates to tell them they had to go down to one. Again, how would the schools know who to contact if they couldn't identify the candidates?

There is understandably a lot of confusion around this, but I'm pretty sure the scenario you describe only applies to situations in which the accepted or WL candidate holds other acceptances at schools that do not require use of the tool. If they are not PTE/CTE, then yes, the school cannot identify them, and, apparently, AAMC only tells the school how many candidates are in that position, but not who they are, because they are apparently respecting the "holdout schools"' decision not to participate in the protocol.

The conflict between the rights of the schools that choose to use the protocol and don't want their candidates holding multiple acceptances after 4/30 and those of the "holdout schools" that are fine with their candidates holding multiple acceptances right up to the end is something that the schools will have to figure out, since AAMC has chosen to stay on the sidelines out of fear of litigation. I don't expect that to change, but it would be nice if the schools could get together, without anyone forcing anyone to do anything, and fix what isn't working so that the process works better for all schools and for WL candidates.

Did you say you haven't applied yet? You seem pretty invested in this as a non-applicant. When are you planning to apply?

Ok seriously let’s not do this again. Gyngyn who is a legitimate adcom and has investigated this issue thoroughly has confirmed that schools are on the losing end in this battle too, and I’m not sure why you as someone who is a non applicant at this point is so invested in the WL issues? A lot of us here are in a lot of pain and come here to grieve and support, and you discrediting someone who is an authority on the issue takes away from the purpose of the thread.

Reactions: 8 users
Guys, I need help with something. My Kaplan MCAT psych book says that the last stage of grief is acceptance but it's August and I'm still on the waitlist with no acceptances yet. Am I doing something wrong?

• Haha
Reactions: 20 users
Ok seriously let’s not do this again. Gyngyn who is a legitimate adcom and has investigated this issue thoroughly has confirmed that schools are on the losing end in this battle too, and I’m not sure why you as someone who is a non applicant at this point is so invested in the WL issues? A lot of us here are in a lot of pain and come here to grieve and support, and you discrediting someone who is an authority on the issue takes away from the purpose of the thread.
Please carefully reread what @gyngyn posted and compare it to my responses. I have not discredited his/her posts, and, in fact, we agree with each other. @Seihai questioned my understanding of the system, and I responded with a thoughtful response regarding what I think he or she is missing.

Again, I am absolutely NOT trying to hijack the thread, and am only responding, on point, to posts made by others. For the record, I will apply when I am good and ready, and the fact that I did not apply last cycle apparently does not make me any less knowledgeable about this than those who did, so I'm not sure why my applicant status for the last cycle has any relevance with respect to my bona fides to have an opinion, or to share some facts.

What don't you understand? Some people get cold feet or have something else happen that causes them to pull out at the last minute, or some hyper-considerate individuals hoard multiple acceptances until the bitter end because some schools tolerate it. Either way, given the overwhelming demand, every seat will be filled, regardless of how inconvenient or stressful it is for the lucky few who receive the last-minute call. The multiple acceptances could be stopped if the schools wanted them to; the other reasons are unavoidable and will never end.

Never said I did not understand, was just commenting on how stressful it is as someone still on a WL myself to consider that. I know people who had to defer/not accept an acceptance because it was too quick to figure out finances.

Never said I did not understand, was just commenting on how stressful it is as someone still on a WL myself to consider that. I know people who had to defer/not accept an acceptance because it was too quick to figure out finances.
I understand! :) I was just trying to be clever in my opening. I can only imagine how frustrating it must be to be left hanging so long, with a tiny glimmer of hope, when it would have been so easy for the schools to have collectively wrapped the process up 6 weeks ago. The rare people you described who have to withdraw at the last minute will always be a thing, but this year, we have the unusual phenomenon of some schools not adopting the new "rules" and allowing their incoming students to hold multiple acceptance up to the start of classes, creating additional and wholly unnecessary anxiety and very late movement.

Reactions: 1 user
Did you say you haven't applied yet? You seem pretty invested in this as a non-applicant. When are you planning to apply?
Yes, I am extremely invested in this as a future applicant, and will apply when I am ready.

As someone who is not on a waitlist but has been lurking, the more you keep saying this, the more it looks like you're calling gyngyn a liar.

Edit: I have read both gyngyn and your posts and they really do conflict. You don't really agree.

As someone who is not on a waitlist but has been lurking, the more you keep saying this, the more it looks like you're calling gyngyn a liar.

Edit: I have read both gyngyn and your posts and they really do conflict. You don't really agree.
Not at all. @gyngyn is saying holding multiple acceptances (but only at schools that do not use the protocol) is not the fault of his/her school and is beyond their control, and that is absolutely correct. @gyngyn has said his/her school CAN see PTE/CTE, so they CAN control the holding of multiple acceptances at those schools, and I assume they have done so.

@gyngyn has then said only AAMC can fix this, which I do disagree with, because the other schools that don't currently use the protocol can fix it on their own, and should, because it is in their interest (as well as that of the candidates) to do so.

As you should be able to see, we really do agree, because there is only one set of facts, and we are both familiar with them. By the way, I would humbly suggest to @gyngyn that AAMC does not need to force other schools to use the protocol to fix this. All they need to do is tweak the tool to allow schools to see all acceptances after 4/30, not just PTE/CTE. Then schools that want to restrict their candidates will be able to do so, and those schools that don't want to use the protocol can continue to allow their candidates to do whatever they want. The system will then sort itself out, since the only candidates that will actually be able to hold multiple acceptances after the agreed upon date will be those who do not have any acceptances at schools who choose to restrict them.

Start your own thread @KnightDoc
... or, people could stop telling me how wrong I am, and this strain of the thread will die on its own. I am only responding to posts, not initiating them.

I fully intend to start a new thread on this topic when the issue is ripe for the current cycle (after any changes to the so-called "rules" are announced for 2020). It would be pointless now, since we are almost a year away from 4/30/20. But thanks for the suggestion. :)

On a related note, I do feel terrible for everyone who had their hopes up and got jerked around with what in hindsight turned out to unrealistic expectations of possible WL movement due to the changed landscape created by the new protocols and their uneven implementation by many, but not all schools.

History tells us that most who are dedicated and determined, and were good enough to be on WLs (particularly at schools that don't WL everyone who isn't accepted), are ultimately successful, so the best advice is really to just learn from this cycle (both how to fill in gaps in applications and what to expect with regards to WL movement in future cycles), and turn the page.

Does anyone know - when is the latest date that classes start, and when is this year's WL finally put to bed?

Not at all. @gyngyn is saying holding multiple acceptances (but only at schools that do not use the protocol) is not the fault of his/her school and is beyond their control, and that is absolutely correct. @gyngyn has said his/her school CAN see PTE/CTE, so they CAN control the holding of multiple acceptances at those schools, and I assume they have done so.

@gyngyn has then said only AAMC can fix this, which I do disagree with, because the other schools that don't currently use the protocol can fix it on their own, and should, because it is in their interest (as well as that of the candidates) to do so.

As you should be able to see, we really do agree, because there is only one set of facts, and we are both familiar with them. By the way, I would humbly suggest to @gyngyn that AAMC does not need to force other schools to use the protocol to fix this. All they need to do is tweak the tool to allow schools to see all acceptances after 4/30, not just PTE/CTE. Then schools that want to restrict their candidates will be able to do so, and those schools that don't want to use the protocol can continue to allow their candidates to do whatever they want. The system will then sort itself out, since the only candidates that will actually be able to hold multiple acceptances after the agreed upon date will be those who do not have any acceptances at schools who choose to restrict them.
You omitted everything you disagreed on. You know. The important stuff.

I’m going to try to redirect the conversation because I’m really sad and frustrated and would love support, and that is what the thread is supposed to be about. I am currently number three on my waitlist. Orientation starts in about a week and a half, and the chances are extremely slim to none. I have intellectually made peace with that reality and have moved on to studying for the mcat, improving other aspects of myself etc etc, but I continuously have dreams where I am accepted or moved up to number one, or told that I’m not good enough for medicine anyways and should just give up. The emotional toll of this process is so significant, to the point where I think it maybe should be studied. I know I’ll make it someday, but the imposter syndrome and repeated reinforcement of not being good enough is killing me.

Reactions: 11 users
I’m going to try to redirect the conversation because I’m really sad and frustrated and would love support, and that is what the thread is supposed to be about. I am currently number three on my waitlist. Orientation starts in about a week and a half, and the chances are extremely slim to none. I have intellectually made peace with that reality and have moved on to studying for the mcat, improving other aspects of myself etc etc, but I continuously have dreams where I am accepted or moved up to number one, or told that I’m not good enough for medicine anyways and should just give up. The emotional toll of this process is so significant, to the point where I think it maybe should be studied. I know I’ll make it someday, but the imposter syndrome and repeated reinforcement of not being good enough is killing me.

So sorry to hear, my WL doesn't have "ranking" apparently and I believe orientation is today or tomorrow but they still haven't closed the WL yet...MCAT expired so it's back to square one for me as well but everyone says it'll be worth it in the end? So hoping so.

I hope the subjectivity of it all helps you see that a lack of acceptance does not say that you're unworthy. You have to rely on fitting a hole in the school's needs relative to all the other accepted applicants (which is different every year!) Based on ECs, hobbies, accomplishments, SES, and much more. You have to meet the needs of the adcoms, which are different at every school and pretty subjective. They vary based on adcoms upbringings, age, etc. If you're on an unranked WL, you likely have to rely on someone similar to you (in who knows how many ways) withdrawing their acceptance. You have zero control over them. Can you see how random and unfair the process is?

If you are determined, you will get in. I have seen so many siccess stories that prove this to me. If you are ranked 3rd, you were so close. Maybe you just need another year or two. You are deserving and your time will come.

I hope this helps.

Guys I am so sorry for all those who didn’t get in this cycle . If this is your goal , please keep trying . I took me 3 cycles to get in ! It is worth it .

Reactions: 13 users
As I look through this thread since the last time I was here, it looks like to me there is a great fear of shame and shame circling around. Not surprising, as shame is probably the most disliked emotion and that this is now a thread of people who didn't get in. Fun fact: Adam and Eve's first reaction to their act of eating the fruit was shame of being "naked." However you interpret that, I interpret as not just naked literally, but also "powerless." Regardless, shame's been here for a loooong time and seems like ancient people had a lot to say about it.

Anyways, I am among the ones who feels like the stars lined up perfectly for me to not get in this year and that really sucks. I feel hurt, lonely, fear, shame, and sad. I also know that I am prone to avoid feeling these emotions by making "absolute" statements about myself. Aka: I AM ____, I'll NEVER be ____, etc. The reality is that I have no freaking idea and am powerless to "figure out" my life (I understand for premeds pursuing becoming someone with all the answers, that can be really hard, but I would encourage you to think about it at the least). Life, to me, has been a series of great hopes and great fulfillment. Even more so, life has been too many hopes unfulfilled, and I think that's okay. At the very least, I am learning that it's okay.

What I definitely do know is that my feelings are real and am powerless to manipulate them without harming others or myself. The shame for me originate from some form of a belief that if I don't perform the way I need to, I'll never belong and never matter ("absolute" statements). Where I got this belief is another story and several relationships. The reality has been that I have been really afraid to talk about the feelings, especially the shame that I even have feelings that my life experiences has deemed negative, whether it was through straight disapproval or through approval of "overcoming" those feelings. These past couple months, I've getting the help I need. The biggest takeaway has been building relationships where I am able to tell the real story behind my emotions, the truth.

I would not call myself an expert nor recovered, but today, I have those relationships and they have helped me greatly in the face of hoping great despite the unfortunate signs and of facing great loss. I don't know if I'll apply again. Right now, I'm focusing on rest and healing. Maybe I'll be back again. I am a guy with a dream after all. My hope is that if I come back and am given the grace of being accepted, that I would feel joy rather than the relief from the fear of failure. My hope for those feeling like life isn't working for them is that it would be okay to admit that and simply build relationships around that, and maybe even find a higher power.

Anyways, I wish you all the best. Feel free to PM (I guess that's the sdn version of DM?) me. Dum Spiro Spero

Just opened up my Kaplan Bio book to say “Hello, what’s up?,” and wow the emotions hit :(

Just opened up my Kaplan Bio book to say “Hello, what’s up?,” and wow the emotions hit :(
Funnel those emotions back in to studying for a retake if that is what you are going for and kick that test’s ass!

Just got my first II for reapplication

Reactions: 16 users
lol so im wondering if schools will send a sorry and thank you email to those that got lost in the waitlist..

lol so im wondering if schools will send a sorry and thank you email to those that got lost in the waitlist..
lol right? I can't help but feel like a lot of us got screwed over by the new traffic rules..
On another note have there been any last minute acceptances lately now that orientation has started? Not sure if the recent silence has been 100% due to a grid lock in WL movement or if there have been a handful of acceptances that just weren't reported to preserve anonymity.

Was released from both of my WL today... I finally had to accept I didn't get in this cycle and now I'm feeling very defeated :(

• Sad
Wait, what happened to like 2 pages of this thread lol, wasn't it at 133?

Oh well, last hope just dropped me from the WL as class starts today. Anyways I’m almost done with my Kaplan Bio book, moving onto other subjects. Anyone feel free to PM me, we can be virtual study buddy and check on each other throughout

also just got dropped from my last WL today :(
Is it I’ll-advised to ask this school for feedback even though I already sent in my reapplication secondary?

also just got dropped from my last WL today :(
Is it I’ll-advised to ask this school for feedback even though I already sent in my reapplication secondary?
When I tried to do this with UConn, they told me they weren't allowed to provide any information on my 2018-2019 app since my 2019-2020 application was now being looked at

• Sad
When I tried to do this with UConn, they told me they weren't allowed to provide any information on my 2018-2019 app since my 2019-2020 application was now being looked at
Wow I’m sorry to hear that :/ thank you for the insight though!

Second year applying and second year getting on the waitlist to the school I wanted to go to, and I just found out I was the next person to be called from the waitlist, soooo close!!! But I'm already starting my application again, hopefully third times the charm!!

I know it sucks to have to apply again and again, but I'm right there with ya, just keep your heads up and if its truly what you want to do in life don't let adversity stop you! Resiliency is key in this occupation, best of luck to everyone reapplying!!!

Reactions: 5 users
Status
Not open for further replies.