This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kimi99

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I saw that a waitlist thread hasn't been made for this cycle, so I took the liberty of making one:happy:

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
i tried making one and then was told it was only October ... maybe November is a better month for it

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
i tried making one and then was told it was only October ... maybe November is a better month for it
Oh I suppose we're a neurotic bunch;)
On that note I did receive a waitlist from UWSMPH yesterday though...

Waitlisted at my top choice yesterday but I'm also accepted to a school I like very much. I imagine as the summer approaches, I'll have to decide if I want to keep my hopes up for waitlist movement or move on emotionally.

Good luck to everyone sitting on waitlists (unless it's at my top choice ;)), I hope we see a lot of movement this year, especially considering the change in AAMC traffic rules.

Reactions: 3 users
I feel like SDN has been slightly less neurotic this year than previous years. Waitlist support group thread has been started earlier in past years and there hasnt even been a "Oh No, not a single interview" made. Although there have been individual threads made about not having interviews, i feel like for the most part, SDN has kept their cool...... relatively.

One waitlist, one rejection, two schools to hear back from in a few months and two more interviews to attend. I'm a reapplciant so I really hope this works out, not sure if I can do this again

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

Reactions: 6 users
what is the most amount of interviews and all waitlisted you have heard? earlier this cycle i had a dream that i got put on all waitlist especially considering the new traffic rules.

Members don't see this ad :)
what is the most amount of interviews and all waitlisted you have heard? earlier this cycle i had a dream that i got put on all waitlist especially considering the new traffic rules.

I've heard 11 waitlists on another reddit post...and what part of the new traffic rules?

• Sad
Me and Mario were at 3 and 5 II that all turned into WL. At my last interivew last cycle, there was a guy who was on 8 WL. No idea if he got in though

Me and Mario were at 3 and 5 II that all turned into WL. At my last interivew last cycle, there was a guy who was on 8 WL. No idea if he got in though

Damn, was it stats?
I felt like numbers were ok to interview but then when it came to the end, they were too low to get accepted. I felt the interview went well

Reactions: 1 users
Damn, was it stats?
I felt like numbers were ok to interview but then when it came to the end, they were too low to get accepted. I felt the interview went well
Mine was a LizzyM of 71-73. Hopefully that’s not too low haha. I think my issue was that I didn’t have a cohesive narrative to tell at my II/ secondaries

Mine was a LizzyM of 71-73. Hopefully that’s not too low haha. I think my issue was that I didn’t have a cohesive narrative to tell at my II/ secondaries
Wow that's really high, did you retake the mcat for this cycle? And you already have an acceptance (s) right? I think I saw a post from you but im not too sure. ..

Wow that's really high, did you retake the mcat for this cycle? And you already have an acceptance (s) right? I think I saw a post from you but im not too sure. ..
Nope. I actually didn’t change too much of my app for this cycle. And yup! Finally got that A!

Reactions: 3 users
Nope. I actually didn’t change too much of my app for this cycle. And yup! Finally got that A!
Congrats!! I might come back and pm you if this cycle doesn't work out for me

I've heard 11 waitlists on another reddit post...and what part of the new traffic rules?

schools won't get an acceptance report this year like they used to. so they won't know who already has an acceptance and who doesn't. people are speculating that they will end up wait listing people more this cycle because of that. that's just speculation though. 11 wl i hope that isn't true. once i started getting a few II i had a dream that i ended up being WL everywhere this cycle. luckily i got an early A

Reactions: 2 users
Waitlisted at my top choice yesterday but I'm also accepted to a school I like very much. I imagine as the summer approaches, I'll have to decide if I want to keep my hopes up for waitlist movement or move on emotionally.

Good luck to everyone sitting on waitlists (unless it's at my top choice ;)), I hope we see a lot of movement this year, especially considering the change in AAMC traffic rules.

what acceptances do you have already? if you don't mind sharing. I knew in the beginning of the cycle you were getting a bunch of love from state schools

Damn, was it stats?

For me, I am fairly positive it was my stats. The 506 MCAT probably hurt me as all those MDs had a higher acceptance average than that.
I really did think most (4/5) of my interviews went very well.

IMO, i believe being on the waitlist in previous cycles is not the same as it is for this cycle anymore. Like someone already mentioned, in previous years schools had the acceptance reports so they most likely accepted more-meaning that waitlisted people this year would have been likely to be accepted in previous years. so i think movements will be a lot higher this year and being on a WL this cycle is not as bad as previous years. may be? lol
Don't you dare get my hopes up ;)

IMO, i believe being on the waitlist in previous cycles is not the same as it is for this cycle anymore. Like someone already mentioned, in previous years schools had the acceptance reports so they most likely accepted more-meaning that waitlisted people this year would have been likely to be accepted in previous years. so i think movements will be a lot higher this year and being on a WL this cycle is not as bad as previous years. may be? lol
Hope you’re right but I don’t think it’s gonna chance that much really. Aamc is introducing the commitment system in place of the reports so schools should be able to predict yield pretty well

3 II 3 wait-lists. Send help.

Same boat here. 4 II, 2 deferred, 1 waitlist, and the last decision I'm waiting on is supposed to come back in December. I thought I did well in pretty much all of my interviews but now I feel pretty crappy about ending up in this position.

Same boat here. 4 II, 2 deferred, 1 waitlist, and the last decision I'm waiting on is supposed to come back in December. I thought I did well in pretty much all of my interviews but now I feel pretty crappy about ending up in this position.

I feel the same way about thinking I did well in interviews. I don’t think whether or not we are accepted is based exclusively on interview performance.

I feel the same way about thinking I did well in interviews. I don’t think whether or not we are accepted is based exclusively on interview performance.

I'll admit my stats aren't the highest (LM 67) but I am around the median for most of the schools that invited me for interviews. My grades/MCAT were never brought up as an issue at any of the interviews so who knows lol

I'll admit my stats aren't the highest (LM 67) but I am around the median for most of the schools that invited me for interviews. My grades/MCAT were never brought up as an issue at any of the interviews so who knows lol

Most schools do not give the interviewers access to the stats of the applicant to eliminate bias.

Most schools do not give the interviewers access to the stats of the applicant to eliminate bias.

At all of my interviews there was at least one open-file interviewer and I saw my score/gpa on one of my interviewers notepads when I walked in. So at least at my schools they had access but I know that isn't the case everywhere.

Got waitlisted and am writing a letter of intent. Im including updates on my application. I recently presented research at a conference and was wondering if it’s acceptable to attach a picture of me presenting?

Got waitlisted and am writing a letter of intent. Im including updates on my application. I recently presented research at a conference and was wondering if it’s acceptable to attach a picture of me presenting?

lol i wouldn't do that. I was in the same scenario and I just informed them in a letter that I presented at a conference and attached my certificate of participation for proof.

1 II, 1 WL

One waitlist, one rejection, three schools to hear back from and one more interview to attend. I feel like my odds are decent but I really wish I had an A so I could put this behind me and stop worrying.

Just wanted to say good luck for everyone! Hope you all get in but a gap year can produce a lot of growth and let you be a better person/physician in the end. If it’s your dream and you’ve made it this far, don’t give up! “It’s a marathon, not a sprint”

anyone here waitlisted because of a low MCAT? I am waitlisted at 2 and they're allowing me to send in a new score so im wondering if anyone is doing this as well? sounds like a solid plan to avoid reapplying if one can improve on the retake

Unfortunately, I just received the email today saying I was placed on the alternates list for UCONN (for those unfamiliar with UCONN, that is their version of the waitlist). I interviewed 12/10. I am incredibly disappointed as this is my top choice, and I am surprised as I am IS, above their average stats with a ton of extracurriculars, and I really felt my interview went well. I wish I had some idea why I was placed on the alternates list, as it might reassure me as to my status on this list in some way. Is anyone in the same boat with UCONN? Thanks guys. I hope you all hear good news soon!

This is my 3rd application cycle, I am grateful I received 2 II from DOs, one of which resulted in an acceptance, and also received 3 II from MDs, with 1 rejection, 1 deferral for decision, and 1 pending. Even though I got an acceptance already, still feel anxious about not knowing where i will end up.

This was me last cycle when I was sitting on 4 waitlists and 24 rejections:
E0812319-BE18-4A9E-928C-62D4DB410765.jpeg

Reactions: 10 users
1 II --> 1 WL

I only applied to a handful of med schools in my area (various reasons). 1 R and silence from the other 3. Cautiously optimistic about the WL, and hoping to hear back from the rest. Already prepping my app for a broader 2nd cycle!

Got a second post interview R recently. I lnow that interview didnt go great but still disappointed. Attended what will likely be my final interview recently and I think it went quite well, just need to wait until March for decisions. Hopefully I don't pull all my hair out by then

Got my 3rd WL last week. I like my chances but I'm still disappointed I'm without an A so far :(

Got a second post interview R recently. I lnow that interview didnt go great but still disappointed. Attended what will likely be my final interview recently and I think it went quite well, just need to wait until March for decisions. Hopefully I don't pull all my hair out by then

Haha I remember you from the January MCAT thread last year. Your success in your FLs motivated me to work even harder for that test. I think you'll hear good news on March.

Got my 3rd WL last week. I like my chances but I'm still disappointed I'm without an A so far :(

Haha I remember you from the January MCAT thread last year. Your success in your FLs motivated me to work even harder for that test. I think you'll hear good news on March.
I hope you get some good news in the next couple of months too!! My number one makes decisions in mid-February and I think my interviews there went really well, sent a LOI so hopefully the feeling is mutual

Status
Not open for further replies.